• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

February 19, 2017 — Robert Schroeder

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
This was indeed a fascinating journey through the frontiers of science to discover possible UFO propulsion methods. Is this a technology we might soon perfect to free humans from being forced to use oversized firecrackers for space travel?

Robert proved an entertaining conversationalist, and we invited him to talk further on this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

You can learn more about our premium subscription service at: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Robert came off as very knowledgeable. I was also impressed by his rejection of Roswell. That goes to show that ufology is not dependent on that case.

Overall, this was a terrific show and one of my absolute recent favorites. Whereas I'm not terribly interested in yet another person's fact-free opinion about the existence of a Galactic Federation, a la Gene's beloved Star Trek, as espoused by Shroeder, I was riveted once the conversation got into theoretical physics and how it might apply to UFOs and long-distance space travel. I thought he was very good at explaining the complex science and his delivery and demeanor was delightful.

Special shout out to Goggs Mackay, who was absolutely fantastic on this episode with his insightful questions, comments and analogies. Well done, sir!

Now I'm on to ATP...

The bulk, m-theory, graviton particle. Totally fun show !!

He drags in a totally awesome concept explaining flying saucers: They are flying particle accelerators/colliders dragging in graviton particles from 'The bulk' simultaneously dragging your craft towards 'the Bulk' thus pinching the dimension of space/time. The circumference of flying saucers, saturated by micro black holes in the direction (vector) you want to use whizzes it to it's desired destination.

Who knew that the LHC could eventually lead to space/time travel machines... sounds nuts but you can't escape planet earth without thinking outside the box. A bit like creating the sun on earth with ITER's tokamak. If I was going to build the first BULK saucer accelerator/collider, I'd build it on the moon... who knows what happens if you lose control and a bunch of micro black holes merge together. The entire planet might end up in the BULK ;)

tokama_bw-shades.jpg

This is a great time to be in physics ;)

I too was fascinated with the segments dealing with theoretical physics, the explanation why the force of gravity is so weak, membranes/dimensions, the bulk, and KK particles.

Could anyone recommend some recent resources (books, lectures, essays, etc) that deal with the same topics? They wouldn't necessarily have to contain the space travel aspect, but that would make it extra interesting. I'm talking about things written and presented by "real scientists" but in a fashion the common man can understand. (I was ok in math and physics in high school, but funny how unused skills (and knowledge) deteriorate when you have no need for them :) I've actually thought about getting some good books and re-teaching myself geometry, trigonometry and algebra. Could be fun, instead of playing Sudoku or something, but shit, I digress. )

Good episode.

I too was fascinated with the segments dealing with theoretical physics, the explanation why the force of gravity is so weak, membranes/dimensions, the bulk, and KK particles.

Could anyone recommend some recent resources (books, lectures, essays, etc) that deal with the same topics? They wouldn't necessarily have to contain the space travel aspect, but that would make it extra interesting. I'm talking about things written and presented by "real scientists" but in a fashion the common man can understand. (I was ok in math and physics in high school, but funny how unused skills (and knowledge) deteriorate when you have no need for them :) I've actually thought about getting some good books and re-teaching myself geometry, trigonometry and algebra. Could be fun, instead of playing Sudoku or something, but shit, I digress. )

Good episode.

The Basic Elements of String Theory - dummies

I like the m-theory string theory for dummies as starter stuff. Get's your brain set with the right imagery then you can scratch further. :)

It's bit like these technology advances anyone who worked in the space industries have clearances no matter what they tell you and it has levels like any other organization. Ironically some have groups within groups where some folks don't go through the checks just like some religious organizations. For example Lazar ( which Knapp is on the money) case comes to mind. So when debunkers say its all UFO is hogwash they are really saying it's classified and ridicule the groups we can't tell you for example like in Russia and China in their space programs and those who work in that arena where they might encounter unknown ,
I see you: Spy versus spy in space

Similar to the NASA announcement today about exoplanets and search for life.

Last edited:
You MUST be kidding.
Are you actually going to go on the record stating that because George Knapp takes Lazar seriously that you think that, 'Maybe there's more going on there' ???
@Existential - I'll tell you where I am personally with the Lazar thing and thus why I even brought him up at all.. Firstly I am far from a confirmed nuts n bolts/ETH guy and in no way shape or form a 'true believer', but there is an aspect to the whole Lazar case which I definitely think worthy of mention.

The whole Lazar story is the same as 99% of Ufology in general, utterly lacking in tangible, hard evidence and ultimately probably forever unprovable. For a moment, forget completely every claim about aliens and back-engineering a UFO. I want to draw attention to the fact that during the frenzy of the early 90's about the Lazar-Area 51 claims, different people attempted to check Lazars education and employment history to at least verify the parts of his claims that could be verified, namely, where he studied and where he worked, positions that one could argue would at least put him in the running for maybe being head-hunted for a super-classified black project. George Knapp, Stan Friedman and others were puzzled that not only did they not seem to be able to verify where he got his undergrad. degree, neither could they verify that he had worked at Los Alamos Labs at all; Knapp did find his name in the lab phone directory and a newspaper story about him but as for actual evidence of employment, he hit a brick wall.

It proved impossible to check most of his past, which was strange in itself. For me the interesting point is that if Lazar was making the whole thing up but had indeed worked at Los Alamos, there would be no reason to erase his work history and deny that he had worked there but for years and years, the Lab pointedly said he had never worked there. Fast forward more than 20 years and it comes to light from a credible source still working on classified science projects for numerous secret labs, including Los Alamos, that Lazar had worked there as a physicist and that he was very well known generally too.
It begs the question why does it seem that a lot of work went into erasing Lazars past if he was just selling fantasies to whoever would listen? I haven't got a clue as to whether his claims have any validity, I only point out that it now seems he was officially erased from the labs history - so why? I think this is very worthy of discussion, if others feel differently, cool, I'm not trying to convince anyone...

Last edited:
@Existential - I'll tell you where I am personally with the Lazar thing and thus why I even brought him up at all.. Firstly I am far from a confirmed nuts n bolts/ETH guy and in no way shape or form a 'true believer', but there is an aspect to the whole Lazar case which I definitely think worthy of mention.

The whole Lazar story is the same as 99% of Ufology in general, utterly lacking in tangible, hard evidence and ultimately probably forever unprovable. For a moment, forget completely every claim about aliens and back-engineering a UFO. I want to draw attention to the fact that during the frenzy of the early 90's about the Lazar-Area 51 claims, different people attempted to check Lazars education and employment history to at least verify the parts of his claims that could be verified, namely, where we studied and where he worked, positions that one could argue would at least put him in the running for maybe being head-hunted for a super-classified black project. George Knapp, Stan Friedman and others were puzzled that not only did they not seem to be able to verify where he got his undergrad. degree, neither could they verify that he had worked at Los Alamos Labs at all; Knapp did find his name in the lab phone directory and a newspaper story about him but as for actual evidence of employment, he hit a brick wall.

It proved impossible to check most of his past, which was strange in itself. For me the interesting point is that if Lazar was making the whole thing up but had indeed worked at Los Alamos, there would be no reason to erase his work history and deny that he had worked there but for years and years, the Lab pointedly said he had never worked there. Fast forward more than 20 years and it comes to light from a credible source still working on classified science projects for numerous secret labs, including Los Alamos, that Lazar had worked there as a physicist and that he was very well known generally too.
It begs the question why does it seem that a lot of work went into erasing Lazars past if he was just selling fantasies to whoever would listen? I haven't got a clue as to whether his claims have any validity, I only point out that it now seems he was officially erased from the labs history - so why? I think this is very worthy of discussion, if others feel differently, cool, I'm not trying to convince anyone...

I thought Lazar was able to provide a lot of details about the facility indicating at the very least that he knew the interior quite well and therefore likely worked there.

This is a great time to be in physics ...

For those who don't know what that picture is about, it's the ITER Tokamak : The tokamak is an experimental machine designed to harness the energy of fusion. ITER will be the world's largest tokamak, with a plasma radius (R) of 6.2 m and a plasma volume of 840 m³. The competition is something called a Stellarator:

No, black holes evaporate at a rate that is dependant on their mass. The smaller they are, the faster they evaporate. Quantum black holes would evaporate in well under a second.
Sure, they'd quickly evaporate in space where there's no mass around them to suck in. But hypothetically, if they came into contact with a large mass of the right kind, there's no reason to think a micro black-hole wouldn't start absorbing it and growing. This is what the fear around creating them in labs is based on. It's a black-hole China Syndrome sort of thing.

Back