• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really is going to become tiresome - as it already is. :( It's also dangerous - because while Trump plays the fool/clown for the cameras - and (world-wide) populace - the real dismantling and pillaging of the US will take place behind the scenes (with impunity). However, there is an off-set - and that is the political activism that is being born (in the US) in opposition to Trump (and the Republican faction now in charge in Congress). Bumpy ride ahead, though.

With False Claims, Trump Attacks Media on Turnout and Intelligence Rift
LINK: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/...0170122&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=54852892&_r=0

Last edited:
Gene, your genius has outed me! Shame! Shame! I walk the walk, that naked game, of shame! I'm so exposed to "truthiness".

Gene, you do understand these kinds of words about "the shame" and your words for me to "confess" is an obvious hommage to Game of Thrones, the inquisitor, blind followers, forced confessions, and the naked walk of shame, which I made it obvious if you added up other related sentences I wrote.

You are talking Super Girl, Cartoon Book Stories as plagiarism for Trump's inauguration speech, etc. etc. The hatred of Trump in here is palpable, and as long as anyone posts negative crap, such as Buzz Feed BS, on Trump all hate and deception are welcomed.

You're so extreme Gene you've even dared to say I'm lying without one shred of proof in your favor. Please provide the evidence by quoting me, so I can respond directly to it.

And, btw, if I provide a link to Fox News that does not mean I watch it as you suggest. That was a youtube link to someone's account that made that clip, and no one here should be banned for providing information that can't be found anywhere else if it only comes from Fox. As you know full well, every MSM News Service has their own sources they use or have exclusive access to.

Less than one-tenth, that's 1/10th, of information comes from Fox News for me, and that's only when I'm checking around to include Fox except during election back before November I watched weekly. I do not watch Fox. If I had cable TV or a subscription that allowed me to watch Fox, then I would watch it weekly but not daily. I mainly get my info from BBC and Democracy Now and Drudge/BreitBart (sometimes) and C-SPAN and RT and other youtube info. And, I do read the NYT and WP and NYP and other MSM if some hot story interests me. I source widely Gene! So, back off. You don't share any of this kind of personal information here as I have, and neither does anyone else here that I've read. I'm far more open about this than your Trump haters here.

You're good at misdirection. It's not a matter of hating Trump, but facts and fiction.

You have been shown over and over again where you are wrong, provably wrong, but I suppose facts don't matter where you live.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your one-week vacation.

Donald & his supporters need to get over the fact that millions (if not billions) of individuals worldwide view him as a clear threat to democracy & this planet.

Why is it that the newly elected/selected leader of the free world refuses to release his tax returns?

Where’s Donald’s “truthiness” in all of this?

Conway: Trump isn't going to release tax returns

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the people don't care except for the people who answered that poll as to whether they cared and indicated that they do.

Conway handles the politburo of misinformation for Trump.

Trump has 34 senators (number of senators needed to block). It is unlikely he will be impeached (according to Breitbart News political reporter Neil McCabe in the linked video below - at least not any time soon), but.....here's what the Irish bookies are saying.....:cool:

7/4 to NOT complete his first term in office (will prematurely leave office).

4/1 to be impeached in his first 6 months in office.

Bookies Offers Yuuuge Odds On Donald Trump’s Impeachment Within 6 Months
Ireland’s Paddy Power is also taking bets on Trump leaving office early.
LINK: Bookies Offers Yuuuge Odds On Donald Trump's Impeachment Within 6 Months | The Huffington Post
TEXT: The Irish bookmaker is currently taking bets on the president-elect being impeached within six months of his presidency at 4-1 ― and offering odds of 7-4 that he’ll prematurely leave the White House.

It’s taking further wagers on the first thing that Trump will say during his inauguration speech Friday. His catchphrase “Make America Great Again” is odds on at 5-4, the term “job creation” is seen as very probable at 3-1 and “Russia” is likewise at 5-1.

While America may still be recovering from one of the most divisive presidential election campaigns in decades, the company is also already taking bets on who may run in 2020.

Should he not leave office beforehand, Trump is odds-on to run for reelection at 11-10. House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Vice President-elect Mike Pence are hotly tipped at 7-1 each, while first lady Michelle Obama is 8-1.

This is a good interview with Breitbart News political reporter Neil McCabe. His two salient points as to why Trump will not be impeached: Trump has the required 34 senators to block impeachment (interesting factoid: when Nixon was told he no longer had the needed 34 senators by Barry Goldwater, he resigned the next day), and, if no one was willing to sign on the dotted line with the Electoral College voting it means impeachment is not in play (plus no Democratic senator is willing to go that route). Upshot: no impeachment, no removal - according to McCabe.

Odds of a Trump Impeachment? (w/guest Neil McCabe)
TEXT: "Published on Jan 17, 2017: Thom speaks with Breitbart News political reporter Neil McCabe on the bookies's odds of a Trump impeachment."

Last edited:
Il Duce keeps breaking one promise after another.Never tought of him as a politician.
And now he has 'alternative facts'.

Former Clinton secretary of labor Robert Reich posted a discussion which took place recently with a former Republican member of Congress.

FWIW..., here it is from Reich’s Facebook page.

January 21 at 7:23am ·

I had breakfast recently with a friend who's a former Republican member of Congress. Here's what he said:

Him: Trump is no Republican. He’s just a big fat ego.

Me: Then why didn’t you speak out against him during the campaign?

Him: You kidding? I was surrounded by Trump voters. I’d have been shot.

Me: So what now? What are your former Republican colleagues going to do?

Him (smirking): They’ll play along for a while.

Me: A while?

Him: They’ll get as much as they want – tax cuts galore, deregulation, military buildup, slash all those poverty programs, and then get to work on Social Security and Medicare – and blame him. And he’s such a fool he’ll want to take credit for everything.

Me: And then what?

Him (laughing): They like Pence.

Me: What do you mean?

Him: Pence is their guy. They all think Trump is out of his mind.

Me: So what?

Him: So the moment Trump does something really dumb – steps over the line – violates the law in a big stupid clumsy way … and you know he will ...

Me: They impeach him?

Him: You bet. They pull the trigger.

One more thing:

Dear team Trump, 'alternative facts' are lies - CNN.com

This has reached the point of excess.

“Fact is a piece of information presented as having objective reality,” Merriam-Webster tweeted Sunday night with a link to information on the spike in searches following Conway’s use of “alternative facts.”

Dictionary schools Kellyanne Conway after 'alternative facts' comment

Webster also revealed that over the past few months “fascist” was the most searched word at their website.

13 Sean Spicer Memes That Put His Absurd Inaugural Crowd Claims In Their Place

Good gawd.., it's never ending.

Without evidence, Trump tells lawmakers 3-5 million illegal ballots cost him the popular vote

Last edited by a moderator:
This really is going to become tiresome - as it already is. :( It's also dangerous - because while Trump plays the fool/clown for the cameras - and (world-wide) populace - the real dismantling and pillaging of the US will take place behind the scenes (with impunity). However, there is an off-set - and that is the political activism that is being born (in the US) in opposition to Trump (and the Republican faction now in charge in Congress). Bumpy ride ahead, though.

With False Claims, Trump Attacks Media on Turnout and Intelligence Rift
LINK: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/21/...0170122&nl=todaysheadlines&nlid=54852892&_r=0

Here's the thing.

And it's a thing that all of us older guys can relate to.

Once you fight to get a thing that you're probably not qualified to get (be that a relationship, job, a car you can't afford, or anything else) -- then what are you going to do with it?

I remember once I worked my ass off to date the hottest chick in school. And then once I was dating her...

I literally had no idea what to do with her.

So that didn't exactly work out.

Alt-right won.

Now what's it going to do with it? I mean, it's not like they're a consolidated and aligned group by and large. They're a conflicting rabble unable to agree on which version of lie that is the truth today.

And, like all presidents, everybody in the free world is going to be lining up to take pot shots at him.

And like whatsisname said, everybody's got a plan until you get punched in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back