• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What's your favorite 1980's sci-fi movie?

And when asked to use a keyboard on a Mac, after trying to use the to write the plans on a keyboard (instead of just speaking into the mouse) for transparent aluminum, said, "How quaint."

Directed by Leonard Nimoy.

It's not really sci-fi. More like fantasy. Or fantasy/comedy. Zool!
Yeah, I mostly agree to that, but science fiction has a pretty loose definition.
I didn't throw in the Conan movies or Willow, based on my own parameters.:p
I love Star Trek 4 also; the scene on the bus with the boom box and the nerve pinch always sticks out in my mind.

Aliens,
Blade Runner
Terminator
Predator
Terminator 1 was a great flick.
Red Dwarf the great scifi tv show had a really cool, strong Blade Runner parody theme in Red Dwarf 9

There were parody scenes of the shooting through the shop window with glass flying in slow motion, the creator's bed chamber scene, mysterious origami, etc
red-dwarf-blade-runner.jpg

The Running Man. (1987)
I think it was very far ahead of its time. Ok some of the acting is a bit hammy, but if you can see past that it is a classic. It is in my top ten all time films.

Back