• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

"Unidentified: The UFO Phenomenon" — Questions for Robert Salas

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
On Tuesday, October 7, between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM Pacific, we'll be featuring Robert Salas, a former Air Force Captain, who will, among other things, discuss his new book. The subtitle of the book, "How world governments have conspired to conceal humanity's biggest secret," reflects the essence of Salas' position on the topic.

Salas was on duty at Malmstrom Air Force Base on March 17, 1967 when two UFOs were seen flying near the base's nuclear missile sites. "Over the next half-minute, all ten of their missiles reported a "No-Go" condition. One by one across the board, each missile had became inoperable."

The Malmstrom case is one of the key examples of UFOs seen in an around nuclear weapons installations. Robert's site can be found at: Spiral Galaxy

Has there ever been an identification of how the missiles became inoperable? Some kind of electromagnetic radiation?

Have silos been hardened as a response?

For Mr. Salas:

I've read that it was common knowledge among personnel who worked at ICBM bases that sightings of odd things in the skies was not unusual. Had you heard much about UFO incidents in and around ICBM bases before your March 1967 experience?

My questions for Mr. Salas are as follows:

1. What is it you believe attracted extraterrestrials to the nuclear missile sight?

2. Based on your experience with nuclear weapons, what alternative causes, if any, would result in the simultaneous disarmament of ten nuclear missiles?

3. As it relates to question number two, what is your response to skeptics who claim that a lack of evidence for the specific cause of the disarmament is an equally sufficient or even better reason to conclude that an electrical malfunction or safety mechanism within the nuclear missiles was the cause of their disarmament, and not the involvement or interference caused by extraterrestrials?

Thank you.

1. Did the Russians suffer any similar events to their nuclear missiles during the Cold War?

2. Are you aware of any similar events happening in the post-Cold War period to other nuclear armed states such as Israel, India, Pakistan, or China?

3. What do you believe caused the malfunctioning of the nuclear missiles at Malmstrom, why did it happen, and what was the final outcome? How far up the chain of command did the news of this event go, and what was the response to it?

Did Mr. Salas ever think that the UFOs might actually destroy the missile silos outright rather than just disable them temporarily. Also, does he think that the disabling of the missiles ever changed the nuclear policy of the US or did the US government merely try to harden those silos to defeat any further intrusions.

Last edited:
1. Was there any "out of the ordinary" high ranking or technical personnel at the base weeks prior to this incident that might lead to the idea of a reaction based exercise?

2. How long did it take for military sources outside of the base to show up and investigate the incident. (alot of witnesses claim to see an almost immediate response of helicopters, MIB, other, just after a UFO sighting)

3. In his opinion, if this was a real ET encounter, does he feel this was an act of aggression showing superiority or a warning of concern and why on both?

I would like to ask MR. Salas the following questions.

1) Do you personally believe that UFOs navigate space time as we define it with respect to what is "space travel", or do you feel that UFOnauts basically have the ability to interact with reality itself?

2) Respectfully, have you found that since your admissions concerning your own personal UFO abduction/encounter, whihc I personally find highly credible, that people have thrown a good deal of your "nuts n bolts" missel failure credulity out the woo woo window.

I just want to thank you, and for you to know that I, and many others, HIGHLY admire and respect your honesty and amazing level of conviction concerning this beyond fascinating phenomena.

Robert Hastings said he is unable to comment on UFO sightings at nuclear facilities in places like China, Iran and Pakistan due to his limited access to reliable sources. I noticed your book title mentions "world governments". How have you tested the reliablibilty of sources on foreign governments and their connection to UFOs?

Unlike all the other major countries in Europe, my government in Germany still claims that it's never collected any UFO files. In my opinion, that may be correct, but only because the "authorities concerned" handed these reports on to some secret agency in the U.S. What do you think?

Speaking of the "authorities concerned", have you heard anything about a german agency gathering UFO data? It seems kind of obvious, that something along these lines must have existed at least as long as there was the possibility of secret soviet aircraft, but every time in the last sixty years, when a UFO researcher asked, the german government just said "no such agency" (which the press then dutifully interpreted as "no such phenomenon").

Could it be that there are really "professional disinformation agents", or are they "only a conspiracy theory"?

What do you think about Clifford Stone's stories? You wrote a foreword to his book "Eyes Only". Quite honestly, seeing how stories like his are discrediting serious UFO research, his case was where I first considered the word "disinformation agent" a possibility?

Last edited:
Do you believe that the UFOs you saw that night were ET craft and if so what evidence do you have to support this?

Captain R Salas (Rt),
Q.1 Historicaly did your father serve in the US Military see so called UFOs during their service?

Q.2 Did you think at anytime these strange objects were human technology or natural effects of radioactive ingredients interacting with other Ordance on the Silo Base?

Q.3 This is for all considering that life is plausible on Plutos Moon

as others which habit our solar system do you think the subject of UFOs is a Trojan horse in waiting ? as contact at defence instillations seems to show keen interest in Defence matters which skeptics seem to ridicule or fear? Going on Bentwaters case as example?

Last edited:
I would just like to say to Robert Salas (if he's reading this) that I deeply admire and am grateful for his courage, integrity, and persistence in bringing to the public what he experienced at Malmstrom. His efforts and example have inspired at least 100 witnesses of similar events to come forward to report the same kind of events, which are among the most significant in ufo history.

Q. Off the top of my head, Boeing was the missile system contractor but regardless of who was the contractor, what was the reason they gave for the 10 missile no-go's? The numerical probability of 10 independent systems all going down at the same time is so minuscule, the engineers responsible must have come up with some pretty novel explanations!

Q. Are you aware of any UFO or high-strange incident at a nuclear base that is not public knowledge?

Back