• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs, Contact and the Ridiculous Sublime

Zebra or the Logos

Skilled Investigator
Hello Paracast members,

I'd like to compile a list of experience reports and cases that share a very peculiar, nonsensical and absurd quality or nature. I'm looking for the most ridiculous, surreal, unexpected, bizarre and highly strange. I'm unsure of any Ufological nomenclature here but what I have in mind is like the experience of Adam Gorightly that he has written about, "UFO's, LSD and Me", the "Harmonic Convergence of 1987" experience of Bill Hicks and one of my own.

Without getting into to much about what I mean by the ridiculous sublime now, just think of the most comical, cognitively dissonant, nonsensical and absurd case or experience that you know of. It could also have a terrifying aspect but one that somehow does not elicit fear from the observer/participant. So, a collision of the comically absurd with a kind-of awe, terror and overwhelming confusion-reality dissolving quality.

Excerpt from "UFO's, LSD and Me" in "The Beast of Adam Gorightly : Collected Rantings (1992-2004)"

"Untamed Dimensions Radio"

460_678216.jpg

The Cisco Grove case is certainly one of the weirdest, and as suggested by Eric Wargo recently, There's a sensation of these beings as mere automatons, somehow able to travel the stars but unable to get a human out of a tree. But then i have to confess I'm pretty hard pressed to try and get a raccoon out of a tree even when armed with a water hose. In fact when. I listen to Shrum recount the tale I see some interesting similarities. You can hear Shrum tell his whole tale here at archive.org with Wendy O'Connor's Faded Discs Humanoids III collection. Almost all of my favorite weird encounter cases are right here with these exceptional interviews. In a number of the reports witnesses go to great lengths to state how normal and drug free they are.
CE III Humanoid Encounters : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

Back