• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Vertical Plane

It seems to work until we can get a better term. Even 2109 tell us it is but isn't time travel. I however prefer to not make absolute statements about what is and isn't possible in this life. I have seen the impossible already, so what does that say about it's possibilities?
I certainly don't expect you to take my word for it.

Just assuming you're looking for the truth rather than making assumptions that are most likely untrue because they're logically incoherent.

It seems to work until we can get a better term. Even 2109 tell us it is but isn't time travel. I however prefer to not make absolute statements about what is and isn't possible in this life. I have seen the impossible already, so what does that say about it's possibilities?
Anything you can imagine is possible...or else you wouldn't be able to imagine it. Whether or not an event is probable is an entirely different matter. It is its relevance to your journey that will determine its eventuality.

WTS, time travel exists as an experience of physical reality especially if you consider it within the context of our illusion of past, present, future. Enjoy that experience if you wish however, from a purely mechanical POV, time doesn't exist, everything is happening simultaneously in the Now, the Moment. time travel cannot exist.

What does exist is an infinite number of parallel realities from which you can move your consciousness one to the next to the next and on and on and on in such a manner that it appears that your are 'time traveling'.

Space travel is utter bilge; rocks can't possibly fall from the sky, and on and on. It's always good, though, to have someone around who knows it all.
Yes. The problem with whoever may have made those kinds of claims was in their reasoning. It was largely just unsubstantiated opinion based on what seemed utterly fantastic to them, or contradictory to their faith, not on rational analysis. I don't fall into either of those categories and I'm more than happy to change my view if someone can give me a better reason than the one I've got.

I would probably not assume anything at all. Doesn't usually do us any good. I get myself in trouble for doing it all the time.
Excellent. Then it would probably be a wise thing to reflect further on what I was saying. I'm not saying there was no phenomena ( though I remain skeptical ). I'm saying that if there was phenomena that was relayed via a book fairly accurately based on actual experience, that their interpretation of what was going on may not be actually what was happening, and there are better explanations. Not having read the book myself I can't comment on specifics other than the idea of time travel, and possibly clandestine intervention that may or may not be alien.

Just to be clear, I am not here to change anyones mind. I am here strictly to hopefully get notice. I am perfectly fine with you not believing any of this, and thinking it is all impossible rubbish. You are certainly not alone. In fact it makes my next task all that much easier.
You ask the question: "Is this proof of Time manipulation and travel or just a story?" and that implies you're either looking for or proposing an answer. Maybe by discussing your ideas further here, you might attract the attention you're looking for. If nothing else, maybe you can advance your own understanding of the question. So either way I'm just trying to help. What you do with it is entirely up to you.

Waller said:

Anything you can imagine is possible...or else you wouldn't be able to imagine it. Whether or not an event is probable is an entirely different matter. It is its relevance to your journey that will determine its eventuality.

WTS, time travel exists as an experience of physical reality especially if you consider it within the context of our illusion of past, present, future. Enjoy that experience if you wish however, from a purely mechanical POV, time doesn't exist, everything is happening simultaneously in the Now, the Moment. time travel cannot exist.

What does exist is an infinite number of parallel realities from which you can move your consciousness one to the next to the next and on and on and on in such a manner that it appears that your are 'time traveling'.

Believe me, I am with you. If you would like to view my off topic writings on that same thread I think you will see where I am coming from.
I will do so, thanks for the invitation.

Anything you can imagine is possible...or else you wouldn't be able to imagine it
What does exist is an infinite number of parallel realities from which you can move your consciousness one to the next to the next and on

So since Gene Roddenberry was able to imagine Star Trek, There exists some parallel universe where the Enterprise and Capt Kirk are actually real. ?

I like to test this.

How do i shift myself into this universe, and should i pick the Picard or Kirk one ?

time travel cannot exist.

Ummm, yeah it does in the Star Trek universe you say is real.

Time travel episodes

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, just don't wear a red shirt when you go. Doesn't matter which century you visit, for a couple of reasons. You'd be seen as an officer in the Picard one, and that would no doubt be a lot of trouble, but time doesn't seem any too stable in either, with far more visits to one another than one might imagine. I'd wear some kind of robe, and maybe a necktie for a belt, and hope to pass as an ambassador or something. If you go as Dr Who and don't manage the call box, you'll have to think up some plausible excuse. You don't happen to have a Devo hat, do you?

So since Gene Roddenberry was able to imagine Star Trek, There exists some parallel universe where the Enterprise and Capt Kirk are actually real. ?

I like to test this.

How do i shift myself into this universe, and should i pick the Picard or Kirk one ?

Ummm, yeah it does in the Star Trek universe you say is real.

Time travel episodes
Actually if we follow this logic there must be a universe where I am actually Captain Kirk, Star Trek is real, and I get the hot Drill Thrall while Waller gets the one Checkov got ... LOL.

Correct.

That's the definition of "infinite".
See the problem with making that assumption is that it fails to take into account logical incoherencies like assuming two things can happen and not happen at the same time to the same thing. There can be no situation, no matter how infinite things are, where within the infinite whole, x is happening and x is not happening at the same time to the same thing. Consequently there is no "other me" or "other you". There is only you. Even if there is another identically evolved creature that looks exactly like you and has had all the same experiences as you someplace else, that's just happenstance and it happened someplace else too. So some things, like it or not, are impossible, and being able to discern that can help us understand whether or not we're making true or false assumptions about these strange phenomena. But again, that only matters if truth matters more than just getting noticed.

And of course we get "reality's" where this is real. Since in an infinite universe everything that you can imagine happens.

In some parallel universe Chipmunks develop light-saber technology and two of them are called Anakin and Obi wan, and even sound the same as actors playing characters of that name from this universe.

Its absurd, like most of his assertions.

Meanwhile two universes to the left..

And this is whats on TV

The Stormtrooper universe, i want it so bad. i can twerk in white Armour, i really can

Last edited by a moderator:
Waller said:

Correct. That's the definition of "infinite".

See the problem with making that assumption is that it fails to take into account logical incoherencies like assuming two things can happen and not happen at the same time to the same thing. There can be no situation, no matter how infinite things are, where within the infinite whole, x is happening and x is not happening at the same time to the same thing. Consequently there is no "other me" or "other you". There is only you. Even if there is another identically evolved creature that looks exactly like you and has had all the same experiences as you someplace else, that's just happenstance and it happened someplace else too. So some things, like it or not, are impossible, and being able to discern that can help us understand whether or not we're making true or false assumptions about these strange phenomena. But again, that only matters if truth matters more than just getting noticed.
Nothing is happenstance. Nothing.

Not sure what you think you are going to get, but I don't have it. No one can spoon feed you, it is all available. You either "buy" it or you don't. I can't help you with the cost.
I wonder how many times I have said the same thing on this forum? Dozens? See my signature. One cannot "buy in" unless you are of the mindset...first.

Back