• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Roswell Slides Steal the Show!

Sentry

Paranormal Adept
A sober UFO panel at the Washington, DC American University becomes part of the Roswell sideshow...

Screen%2BShot%2B2014-11-13%2Bat%2B8.59.40%2BAM.jpg

UFO experts say 'we are not alone'
"WASHINGTON -- UFOs were the topic of a panel discussion Wednesday night at American University, and one of the speakers used the occasion to reveal evidence he called a "smoking gun."

"We have come into possession of a couple of Kodachrome color slides of an alien being lying in a glass case," author and researcher Thomas Carey told the near-capacity crowd in Abramson Recital Hall."

UFO experts say 'we are not alone' - WTOP Mobile

Carey says he plans to reveal the images early next year.

I have to say i do want to see them.

They might be real, they might not. But even on 0000.1 percent of a chance that i'd be looking at a real alien...... That would be something wouldnt it ?

For anyone who came in late on the story, the slides were found in a drawer during sorting things out after the owner's death.
So, some of the issues are:
How old are the slides?
How were they taken?
Where were they taken?
What is pictured?
Why was it hidden?

The most satisfying answer to me would be for it to be proven to be of a body recovered from a flying saucer in 1947... found at Mt.Ranier, not Roswell.
Anywhere but Roswell.

This smacks of a recurrent pattern. A handful of ostensibly good researchers and witnesses trotted out in a pretty credible venue, but the props potentially knocked out from under the whole thing by a few bad actors. Why weren't the smoking gun photos and documentation delivered along with the rest of the presentation ?

A prediction based on history: The photos will either somehow vanish, prove bogus, or too ambiguous to determine much of anything.

The initial description of them as being out of focus doesn't bode well for future certainties, just more murkiness from the swamp of ufology.

My guess is that there is no way to prove the provenance of these slides. That makes things murky. Who is ultimately going to decide what these photos represent. You can bet money will have changed hands before Joe Public sees them.

Perhaps the "hold up" in releasing these slides is about how to present them in a way that a large profit can be made? That bunk autopsy made a fortune.

The delay says one thing only to me, nonsense.

If they really have the goods, they are historic pictures, not only life changing, but world changing, every news outlet in the world would want to run with it, the money would be a torrent, in a decade they would be household names anyone knew the world over, thats why they havent got anything genuine.

Why not wait and see, manx? It could be that they are waiting for an agreement by the person/s who provided the photographs to provide evidence, or at least public testimony, concerning their discovery of the photographs and their known provenance. It could also be that that person or persons are demanding some cash reimbursement before they will authorize release of the photos and 'go public' as the parties responsible for finding and releasing them.

Good points, Constance. I seem to recall NDAs being involved, between researchers and presumably the owners of the photos. It's hard to imagine some photos of a "dead alien" being very convincing on their own, but the people involved seem to think they are beyond question. It will be interesting to see what all the fuss is about if they ever show up.

Now that you mention it, Double Nought, I also recall reading about NDAs being involved in the case. I too am looking forward to seeing the photographs, and I think we will.

Look i think, ''if'' roswell ever happened, and ''if'' these photo's are of bodies from a crash there, THEY would be sensational, and ''if'' we are just hearing about them now, the roswell secret keepers would already be very aware, and for a secret that old, and that BIG the news of genuine pic's surfacing would have triggered a clean up, well before we the public would ever of heard a dicky bird about them, imo.

Anyway they may be genuine era photo's, but the content can still be a fabrication.

Reminds me of the TV Series " Taken" and just started watching " SmallVille " the young Superman and seems never ending shows on Marvel Characters and their Movies. Will we see a spin off of the Roswell Slides TV show?

Look i think, ''if'' roswell ever happened, and ''if'' these photo's are of bodies from a crash there, THEY would be sensational, and ''if'' we are just hearing about them now, the roswell secret keepers would already be very aware, and for a secret that old, and that BIG the news of genuine pic's surfacing would have triggered a clean up, well before we the public would ever of heard a dicky bird about them, imo.

Too true. A 'clean up', putting it mildly. Given the history, the finders of these photos would naturally fear consequences of self-disclosure. That must be what the NDA reference is about. The researchers entrusted with the photos have an obligation to protect those people and no doubt they take it seriously. At the same time, the value of the photos for ufo (and esp Roswell) research will be compromised without the testimony of those who found the photos. I think we'll eventually see the photos and that they will lack sworn testimony establishing their provenance.

Back