• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Paracast — A New Look?

meh... he made me look pregnant! OK sure, I could lose a few pounds, but he made me look ridiculously fat! My gut doesn't bulge out sideways etc... Oh, and I don't play guitar, I'm a sonic textualist who paints w/ synthesizers... I like the rest of it however...

meh... he made me look pregnant! OK sure, I could lose a few pounds, but he made me look ridiculously fat! My gut doesn't bulge out sideways etc... Oh, and I don't play guitar, I'm a sonic textualist who paints w/ synthesizers... I like the rest of it however...

But the likeness! Uncanny!!!

And I'm not that thin and I'm not a rapper.

But still.

Well it is a cariciture guys, by its very definition a caricature is an exaggerated drawing to achieve a comic effect. Truth be told if I were in it is have as much meat on me as that bug.

While I think RPJ is an incredibly talented artist, I absolutely despise the "new look" graphics. Silly cartoon characters and a music-based theme have what, exactly, to do about the serious search for answers about the paranormal? The branding of a serious show about paranormal topics, Gene's "jokes" notwithstanding, is so incredibly off-base by using this whimsical and silly illustration that it defies logic.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with updating the show's graphics after 10 years, especially to help sell some new merchandise, but how about designing/choosing something that is thematically relevant and complimentary to the tone and content of the show?

You can do better.

While I think RPJ is an incredibly talented artist, I absolutely despise the "new look" graphics. Silly cartoon characters and a music-based theme have what, exactly, to do about the serious search for answers about the paranormal? The branding of a serious show about paranormal topics, Gene's "jokes" notwithstanding, is so incredibly off-base by using this whimsical and silly illustration that it defies logic.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with updating the show's graphics after 10 years, especially to help sell some new merchandise, but how about designing/choosing something that is thematically relevant and complimentary to the tone and content of the show?

You can do better.

I think you make a very good point. While the new look is amusing and doesn't change my interest in the show, if I were someone unfamiliar with the show, the graphics would turn me away as I would believe the show was not serious and for "entertainment" only. I think the new graphics can be used for Paracast Plus insiders, but not to try to represent the Paracast to the world. I think people come to the Paracast for knowledge and the graphic should represent that theme somehow.

I liked the previous logo, but it was a total failure when it came to selling T-shirts and other logo merchandise.

For now, let's see how this one works when it comes to our new store (The Official Paracast Store {Beta}).

As to whether it serves as a permanent logo — rather than just a special "look" to push the brand — I wouldn't say right now.

But if we can get a logo that works for the show and for merchandising, I'm wiling to throw in a lifetime membership in Paracast+ for the artist who can manage it.

Let's see what our talented listeners can deliver.

Back