• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Moment of Truth NZ Politics

stonehart

Paranormal Adept

Well that is a bit of a bombshell for Mr Key .. the lying scum bag.

Sorry I know this is not paranormal but I am so sick of these lying political scum bags.

I apologize for my ignorance, but who is Mr. Key, and what is the bombshell?

I can't watch a two-hour video, but I did scan the fast-foward and see Glen Greenwald on about something.

Minister John Key the head of sate of New Zealand and he has been shown to have been lying through his teeth to the nation on not one not two not three but so many times that you lose count.

In a nut shell our head of state committed treason.

Years ago when i was into Ninjutsu, i read up on the historical origins of Japans Ninja.
I came to the conclusion then, that expecting the PTB to do the right thing by you is always going to be a poor substitute for being personally proactive

Human nature is what it is, its why we fit locks to door.

Its the same with privacy, expect it to be stolen and fit metaphorical locks yourself.

Expecting the PTB to guard your privacy is akin to expecting a fox to guard the henhouse.

Thats not to downplay the valuable roles Snowden and Assange have in making us aware of the issue.
Information is ammunition, knowing the threat is a huge part in developing counter measures to it.

But technology makes it very easy to spy on people, as it improves and becomes cheaper to deploy the intrusion level rises.

I worked with a mainfram operator in the early 80's who had previously worked for Telecom the then single telco in australia.
He told me that part of their computer system listened in on every phone call and was triggered by key words (mostly drug related) when these words were spoken the conversation was recorded as well as the phone numbers either end of the call.

I also recall the public outrage when a national ID card was proposed here, the plan eventually failing on the back out public outcry.

Now they give away free mobile phones, and the people queue up to get one, These devices make an ID card look like peanuts.
They dont just tell the PTB who you are, but where you are and who you communicate with.

Sugar coating a bitter pill makes all the difference.

I personally (having been subjected to electronic surveillance on several occasions, to such detail as having sex and toilet use recorded) know that privacy isnt something i can take for granted.
If i want it, i must personally take steps to acquire it. Privacy isnt a right, trust me ive learned the hard way. You dont get it because you think you deserve it.

You only get it if you recognise its something you must personally secure on your own behalf if you want it.

If you think it will be extended to you as a right and courtesy, you are going to be disappointed

Its not just the Govt either, technology is changing the game in many ways

Is Wearable Tech Changing Behavior?

Are you being recorded? Thanks to the ubiquity of CCTV and camera phones, the answer is more than ever before likely to be “Yes”. Add to this the growth of wearable technology such as Google Glass and people are increasingly exposed to devices that can monitor and record them, whether they realise it or not.
The privacy implications are obvious, but also interesting to psychologists such as myself, are how such invasions of privacy – real or perceived – change the way people behave in everyday life.

And once we move even deeper into the Brain computer interface area, then we dont even need devices like google glass.

It will become technically possible to follow and record someone just by linking with the visual cortex of those people near them, or for that matter the target itself.

Our current views on privacy wont survive the hive mind

Nor do i think there will be much resistance to this either, ive noticed a trend with my younger newphews and neices where they broadcast via these devices and associated media their every movement.

Their "timelines" tagged with GPS markers "is at cafe x", is at "theatre x" , "is at "nightclub x"

For them it seems a fair trade to give away their privacy in the chance a friend might be nearby and thus able to join them at these places.

When i was young i might catch up with a friend on a week to week or day to day basis.
These kids are updating each other on their wherabouts and activitys on an hour to hour and even minute to minute basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait till they get this tech perfected

'+windowtitle+'

Brain Wave May Be Used to Detect What People Have Seen, Recognize

Brain activity can be used to tell whether someone recognizes details they encountered in normal, daily life, which may have implications for criminal investigations and use in courtrooms, new research shows.

These findings have implications for memory research, but they may also have real-world application in the domain of criminal law given that some countries, like Japan and Israel, use the CIT in criminal investigations.
“One reason that the CIT has not been used in the US is that the test may not meet the criteria to be admissible in a courtroom,” says Meixner. “Our work may help move the P300-based CIT one step closer to admissibility by demonstrating the test’s validity and reliability in a more realistic context.”
Meixner, Rosenfeld, and colleagues plan on investigating additional factors that may impact detection, including whether images from the recordings may be even more effective at eliciting recognition than descriptive words – preliminary data suggest this may be the case.

Detecting Knowledge of Incidentally Acquired, Real-World Memories Using a P300-Based Concealed-Information Test

Back