• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Firefly UFO Armada: What has made you jump?

Burnt State

Paranormal Adept
When i was eleven yrs old i went around the summer streets at night with my best friend, a pair of walkie talkies and binoculars. We were on the hunt for UFO's. We only had one really curious experience where we both witnessed the turning on and off of a light in different parts of the sky. It seemed like something was talking to just us as we roamed the streets and tracked what appeared to be an incredibly super fast UFO, that was blinking on an off at great distances from the last flash - truly mind blowing. We figured it was either that, or a collection of ships that were flashing on an off to keep us amazed. It was truly startling as we chased these lights about, high up amongst the stars overhead for about fifteen minutes.

Just recently i was camping and really looking forward to seeing the Milky Way in all its pin pricked glory. The park has close to 95% elimination of light pollution on a sandy coast of Lake Huron. However, we came to find out, early on in the first evening, before the stars came out to play, that we were in fact not alone at our site. As i looked across the scrub covered sand dune, that rose thirty feet in the air at the back of the site, I suddenly saw these tiny flashes of light blinking on and off up in the tree branches that bordered the bottom of the dune and then they started to dance around up the dune and beyond.

My very first thought, influenced heavily by all the paranormal podcasting since summer started, was that i was looking at a UFO Armada - it must have triggered my memory of tracking similar unidentified flashing objects way back when. It was a good two or three second jolt. We had the fireflies with us all four nights we were there - quite magical, and the stars looked pretty damn good too.

Have you ever been scared by a shifting Chinese Lantern glowing in the sky? What kind of prosaic things have you mistaken for as a UFO, bigfoot, a shadow person or maybe you once thought you were visited by a black eyed child on your doorstep looking to steal your soul after you buy a box of chocolates off of them?

Back