• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Chupacabra Caught?

:confused:

I saw the same creature on this video

(News Report)

(Autopsy link)

It does run differently, I have no idea if that's natural or not, but I saw the same woman that was holding the creature, perform an autopsy on an On Demand video of Paranormal TV (above). Some of the anomalous features could be explained by disease, but the innards seemed fine. Also, the rear of the animal contained a bone structure not natural to canines. The latter was most interesting to me.

The woman hunts big game, and saw the creature on her property, she's lost over 30 chickens, all left in their cages (typically predators carry their prey with them), bloodless.

Not sure what to think. Probably a mangy coyote, but still interesting.

As someone that lives in an area with a high coyote population I can say with absolute certainty that those are all coyotes. Speaking of which, the coyotes down there are a lot smaller than the ones we have up here, lot less hair as well.

Even though in the autopsy it did not appear to her (I cannot speak of her expertise in any medical or veterinary field, but she is very familiar with all kinds of animals, especially dead ones as a hunter and ranch owner) that there was any manginess, it's still just a coyote? The hide also seemed like an elephant's, as far as I know, that is not normal. Xylo did note sunburn though, and I suppose that is a possibility, and suppose it did not have mange, how else could it loss hair?

If it is a coyote, what about the nodules on its rear?

Even though in the autopsy it did not appear to her (I cannot speak of her expertise in any medical or veterinary field, but she is very familiar with all kinds of animals, especially dead ones as a hunter and ranch owner) that there was any manginess, it's still just a coyote? The hide also seemed like an elephant's, as far as I know, that is not normal. Xylo did note sunburn though, and I suppose that is a possibility, and suppose it did not have mange, how else could it loss hair?

Some animals are born without hair, as are some animals born albino. It is possible that this coyote or dog was left out in the hot Texas sun and developed sores on it's body that could have developed into cysts, pustules, and blisters. Also, I don't know any of the side affects of the poison they used.

As for the cop footage, if you think that is chupacabra you really need to redefine the term canine in your brain, as that is a dog being chased down the road by a car. There's a lot of farm land around my neck of the woods, and if you're touring around the dirt roads, you're bound to see this sooner or later.

Back to the first clip, look at the tooth structure, I think it is a real dead giveaway. Any dog owner will agree. What leads me to believe that it is a coyote is due to the length of the legs and the narrowness of the snout, both very noticeable traits of the coyote.

I've seen some hybrids of coyotes and feral domestic dogs in Texas that had the longer front legs and shorter hind legs similar to a hyaena. I also saw one that had a bristly mohawk down it's spine.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Xylo did note sunburn though, and I suppose that is a possibility, and suppose it did not have mange, how else could it loss hair?

Sebaceous adenitis is a small possibility for hair loss. Having had an Akita with it, I've seen sunburned dog skin, and the skin can turn black or dark grey.

UV radiation can seriously mess up skin, I can imagine there's all sorts of infections, lesions, cancers, and other maladies that can occur from a combination of poor nutrition and over-exposure to UV rays.

Back