• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Take II: Your Paracast Newsletter — September 24, 2023

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The Paracast Newsletter
September 24, 2023

www.theparacast.com

UFO Researcher and Experiencer Preston Dennett Reveals Incredible UFO and Humanoid Encounters on The Paracast!

The Paracast is heard Sundays from 3:00 AM until 6:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, the Boost Radio Network, the IRN Internet Radio Network, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR THE PARACAST+ YET? PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE PARACAST+ SO YOU CAN SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE ULTIMATE PARACAST EXPERIENCE AT A SPECIAL LOW PRICE! We have another radio show and we’d love for you listen to it. So for a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an exclusive bonus podcast, After The Paracast, plus an enhanced version of The Paracast with the network ads removed, when you join The Paracast+. We also offer a special RSS feed for easy updates of the latest episodes on your device. Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! And use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! For the easiest signup ever, please visit: https://www.theparacast.plus

This Week's Episode: Gene and cohost Tim Swartz present the return of UFO researcher and experiencer Preston Dennett to talk about the state of current research efforts (including NASA and the Pentagon) and his book, "Humanoids and High Strangeness." The book presents twenty all new, original, and unpublished accounts of people who have had face-to-face contact with a variety of humanoids. It contains accounts of sightings, landings, and onboard UFO encounters. According to Preston, many of the cases provide remarkable physical evidence: electromagnetic effects, physiological reactions (both injuries and healings), landing traces and more. Most of the witnesses describe all kinds of paranormal and psychic events. Preston began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters. Since then, he has interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena. He is a field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a ghost hunter, a paranormal researcher, and the author of 30 books and more than 100 articles on UFOs and the paranormal.

After The Paracast — Available exclusively for Paracast+ subscribers on September 24: UFO researcher and experiencer Preston Dennett returns to talk with Gene and cohost Tim Swartz about incredible high strangeness episodes involving UFOs and their humanoid crews. He covers such cases as the strange individual or being encountered by two teens interested in exploring astral projection, episodes of both missing time and gaining time, and electronic effects impacting cars, cameras and other gear. The strange cases of possible alien implants are also covered. Preston's book, "Humanoids and High Strangeness," is the latest among the more than 30 books he has written on the paranormal. Several of his books have been Amazon UFO bestsellers, and his articles have appeared in numerous magazines including Fate, Atlantis Rising, MUFON UFO Journal, Nexus, Paranormal Magazine, UFO Magazine, Phenomena Magazine, Mysteries Magazine, Ufologist and others. His writing has been translated into several different languages, including German, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Icelandic. Preston's paranormal quest began in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters.

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. Visit our new online shop for great branded merchandise at: https://www.theparacast.shop.

An Alien Abduction Epidemic? Really?
By Gene Steinberg

I always thought of possible alien abductions — where strange beings invite or kidnap humans aboard their spaceships — were rare occurrences. Only a few people here and there reported them.

Even then, if they were as described, it had the potential to demonstrate that the flying saucers were indeed extraterrestrial, and that the crew, which appeared essentially human, had mostly good intentions towards Earthlings.

Now the initial generation of modern UFO contactees, who showed up early in the 1950s, claimed to be in contact with human ETs from nearby planets, such as Venus, Mars and Saturn. It didn’t matter that none of these worlds had conditions that would support life as we know it. That’s evidently what ET told them, or so they said.

Those original contactees had easily debunked claims, and not just the questionable sources of our visitors. Aside from the logical inconsistencies, such experiencers as George Adamski produced photos of alleged spaceships that were easily identified as perfectly ordinary stuff. So consider hub caps, surgical lamps, lightbulbs and ping pong balls, all of which were used, in various combinations, to provide close duplicates of Adamski’s spaceships.

Now I’ll be generous and suggest that some of these claimants might have had strange encounters, but they infused the details with modern cultural references. In other words, sci-fi. The 1951 film classic, “The Day the Earth Stood Still,” heavily influenced the framework of the early saucer contact.

UFO abductions appeared to exist in a different space.

So in 1961, Betty and Barney Hill, a couple from New Hampshire, claimed to have been taken aboard a spaceship by extraterrestrials in a rural portion of the state. It occurred while they were en route to their Portsmouth home after a vacation in Niagara Falls and Montreal. When they arrived home, they realized the trip had taken seven hours, rather than the usual four.

In other words, there were three hours of “missing time.”

Some of the details of the encounter filled Betty’s dreams; others were recovered during hypnotic sessions conducted by a psychiatrist, Dr. Benjamin Simon.

Now in those days, a therapist retrieving memories of a UFO abduction via regression was something decidedly unique. There is no indication that Dr. Simon asked leading questions since, of course, nobody knew what questions to ask about something that few knew about.

Regardless, over the ensuing decades, many people have come forth claiming to have been abducted by ETs in different forms, some undergoing physical examinations, even being confronted with alleged hybrid babies containing their DNA. Other were given tours of the spacecraft, and even piloted them in a few cases.

It’s all very involved to be sure. While it’s possible a few are faking it, many appear to have no real knowledge of the abduction scenario, and no reason to want to fabricate such a claim.

Whether a physical encounter with a physical spaceship and its physical crew, or something involving their minds and internal or external interactions with an unknown force, something strange is indeed going on.

Now I have long thought that such experiences were decidedly rare. Even then, I had little doubt that only a fraction of the people claiming to be abducted actually reported such experiences. Some will confine the details to their families or close friends. The rest will just clam up.

Or have scattered memories and weird dreams that they choose not to follow up.

In my own experience, such as it is, I recall some frightening experiences when I was between eight and ten years of age. I suffered from vivid nightmares, seeing a large dark object rushing towards me, only to awaken in a cold sweat. Another night, the very same horrible dream.

During that period, I recall traveling about my neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY sensing the foul smell of burnt sulfur. As the late Ufologist and Fortean investigator John Keel often reported, such odors might be symptoms of encounters with the unknown.

I did not pursue it any further, since it never occurred to me that it was related in any way to the UFO enigma. Even after I read my first flying saucer book at age 11, I didn’t think of exploring those episodes any further.

But the other day, I remembered a singular detail that does give me a little pause. During the years when I had those nightmares and sensed the foul odors, I also suffered from a bloody nose from time to time. Maybe that symptom also indicates something strange, but everything except the nightmares might also have been due to a sinus condition of some sort.

Again, I wonder how often this happens, and there’s the rub.

During interviews on The Paracast with controversial abduction researcher Dr. David Jacobs, he claimed that millions of people around the world have undergone the abduction experience. All this was supposedly a part of ET’s program to retrieve genetic material from humans and create a hybrid race.

Their goal? To quietly take us over.

But even if you ignore the terrifying implications of an impending takeover, even a quiet one, just how often do such things occur?

Updates! During an interview for our September 24, 2023 episode with UFO and paranormal researcher/experiencer Preston Dennett, he cited two reports (which I’ve been able to partly confirm) that indicated that one-in-40 or one-in-50 people have had an abduction-related encounter.

Outrageous? Perhaps. But therein lies the tale.

I went to Google to look for the surveys; the second was conducted by Roper in 1991. Unfortunately, the findings mostly listed background material, but I had to buy a book to get the actual numbers. I fared better with Microsoft's Edge browser for macOS and its Bing search engine, which yielded the following:

"The Roper Report on alien abductions was based on a survey of 5,947 adult respondents conducted in 1991. The survey found that approximately one out of every 50 people met the profile of an abductee. This figure suggests that about 33,000,000 individuals had been abducted in America.

"Please note that the Roper Report is a controversial study and its findings have been debated. Some critics argue that the survey methodology and questions were not scientifically rigorous. However, it remains one of the most well-known surveys on the topic of alien abductions."

If you accept those numbers as within the range of possible encounters with alien entities, it would mean that planet Earth is overwhelmed with flying ships, many engaged in kidnapping unwary Earthlings to do whatever it is they want to do with us.

A fraction of those numbers would still be outrageous, clearly impossible!

It would also mean that it’s all happening under the radar, so to speak. Except for the occasional claim here and there about someone being kidnapped by a flying saucer crew, this epidemic remains undiscovered, undisclosed.

It’s clear to me that such questionable numbers are touted without much thought to the consequences. Yes, there are UFO abductions, and, yes, most people who experience them never report such encounters. But that doesn’t constitute an epidemic or anything close.

Still the abduction scenario is something we need to understand. But we also have to be realistic about how often it happens, and what it all means.

Copyright 1999-2023 The Paracast Company. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

Hopefully he won't have any idiots with him this time like his last author.
This was the woman who told us her snow flake version of being abducted with so many inconsistencies.

Back