• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Strange U-form on the moon mysteriously changes location. anyone any explanation ?

universeseeker

Skilled Investigator
Two images taken during the apollo 17 misson are showing a white u-formation on the surface of the moon.
The two images are posted on the NASA Flickr account next to each other. There is a date , but not a time available from when the images were taken. But apparently, the u-formation changed it's location if you compare the second image with the first one.

So does anyone have any idea or explanation what it is ? or why it seems to have changed it's location?
I don't know what it can be .. maybe something to do with the sunlight ? or a reflextion of the camera ?

If you have any idea, then please let me know .. then I can add the solution to my YouTube video.

here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a71O6WAB8Pw
And here are the two Original images :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/21791061488/in/album-72157659102264469/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/projectapolloarchive/21978917955/in/album-72157659102264469/

Those are AS17 Nikon 35mm pics shot out of the command module window. So there is Always the possibility of a glitch ... but to me, when I first looked at the images (zoomed-in) It really looked like it was on the ground. but like you say .. a photographic artefact is a reasonable explanation.

I have to say that I am no expert, not even an amateur photographer so don't take my opinion as final or authoritative at all. The 3rd one I identified wasn't exactly like the first two but definitely something similar enough.

Looks like a reflection, possibly from the window it was shot out of. Internal lighting from the module, maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

universeseeker I will present some pics to you ones that leave me puzzled...
moon_2137836a.jpg

a "rock" leaving a distinct trail STOPPED on an incline...
tumblingmoonboulders158.jpg
multiple moving "rocks" note the vast difference in direction...
veiculo_lua.jpg

two more moving "rocks" note the "rock marked 2 has come UP AND OUT OF A CRATER....

I can understand that a rock difference in direction ... maybe it bounced into an obstacle ? and therefore changed position ? when a boulder goes in and out a crater , then it must have been speeding :) Nice pics though ...

Why couldn't the rolling rocks be ejecta from impact craters? The ones with "different" paths look like they would line up with a common starting point allowing for differences in terrain.

I hope they're just ejecta. Don't we have enough problems with "high strangeness" without aliens with nothing better to do than roll rocks around?

universeseeker I will present some pics to you ones that leave me puzzled ... two more moving "rocks" note the "rock marked 2 has come UP AND OUT OF A CRATER....

I think we've already looked at these before someplace, and I followed up on it with a 3D rendering of the terrain that shows the rocks aren't actually rolling uphill at all. It's just another one of those "Moon Mystery" things that gets propagated around. Sorry I don't have the link to that entry handy, but maybe a search will find it. It took me an hour or two to figure it out online, so I don't want to have to go through it all again, but if you do, you'll most likely end up at the same conclusion.

Back