• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalking the Herd-March 30, 2014

I knew this was a keeper @ minute 20:34 when david mentioned the concept of memes as an aspect of perpetuating this mystery.

As a social scientist, David's approach to this phenomenom closely mirrors my own interest/approach and therefore i find Him way more interesting than Most other researchers. Of course those qualities are also applied to Chris and that is why i took to him quite quickly.while i have always been leary about related attendent (?) phenomenon being applied to abnormal social behavior, the fact that somebody has the foresight and thought to bring this concept forward certainly rates high in my book. Chris you found a righteous mentor in David.

For the record i have no scolarly background in the field of social sciences and it wasn't even on my radar as i neared high school graduation. I wish it was, i think i would have been a natural. it is a field i find fascinating and indeed i have mentioned several times that I have less interest in prooving that such and such exists as much as observing the effects of belief (or-non belief) has on us...including the occasional dust-up in this forum. I try to limit my contribution to an occasional sardonic aside because in the end I don't feel it's a subject worth getting one's emotions inflammed.

I think it is this aspect why i took such a keen interest in Chris's "revival" of tricksterism, also I never considered the idea that the tech that appears to be used in cattle mutes...be it extremely sharp cutting instruments or high heat...could bear a relationship to the slightly adanced tech meme that is present in UFOlogy

Hats off to Chris for (almost) completing his magnum opus and for convincing David to increase his exposure on radio again. David if you're reading this, your theorizing, speculation and provsional theories are music to my ears. Thanks for coming on the Paracast. Please reconsider making the rounds more often, it may mean less radio time for Hoagy, Greer and others of their ilk.

Last edited:
Just some brief comments:

1) Chris mentioned something about recent Scandinavian cases of dead cattle in the sea.
It turns out that a ship had dead cattle aboard after a rough trip at sea, and they were not allowed to dump them at port in Russia, so they headed west and illegally dumped the dead cattle in the Baltic.

So the mutilation consisted of earmarks cut off the dead cattle to try to avoid identification by authorities.
(Source in Danish language): Politiet: Libanesisk skib dumpede døde køer i de indre danske farvande - Krimi | www.bt.dk

2) It was interesting that Perkins explained that these things basically only happen in Christian cultures. As I've said elsewhere, I sense that especially the more personal visitation/demonic UFO-related experiences seem to feature strongly among Christian cultures, probably because people are primed to believe in otherworldly beings visiting them at night, for whatever reason. Angels and demons and so forth, so why not a 'grey' with a scalpel?

Related to the Scandinavian dead cows and culture differences in general, I had no idea anyone had suggested the cows were 'mutilated' in an abduction related sense, and couldn't find any articles/blogs suggesting it (I'm in Scandinavia). Whatever the reason for the cultural differences, if it happened in the U.S., a lot of people would be going around saying it was an 'abduction' case, because people are tuned into the idea. Justified or not.

Last edited:
This was one of my all-time fav PC shows and hardly anybody seems to give a sh*t... oh well... snooze ya lose people... don't ask me (or David) to do it again.
I suppose the tougher the beefs the more chicken the responses.

This was one of my all-time fav PC shows and hardly anybody seems to give a sh*t... oh well... snooze ya lose people... don't ask me (or David) to do it again.
I give a shit Chris. Your right, it was better than usual interview and I'm grateful David took the time to come do a show for us. I should have shared that with you. I guess if its any importance here, it's "the" topic this week in our household. It's brought up the issue of potential government random sampling and our food sources in general. Until I read your book though, and get some cases under my belt I still feel short on info to say a lot. I've never cared about the issue until I heard you talk about it. Anyways, I wanted to chime in and say thanks for not just this interview, but all the interviews you participate in. You do a good job and add tons of wisdom to the interviews.

Just some brief comments:

1) Chris mentioned something about recent Scandinavian cases of dead cattle in the sea.
It turns out that a ship had dead cattle aboard after a rough trip at sea, and they were not allowed to dump them at port in Russia, so they headed west and illegally dumped the dead cattle in the Baltic.
The story broke as I finished the last chapter and sent it in. Yes, the surfing swedish cows have a mundane explanation—a high % of "mutilation reports" (like w/ UFO reports) can be explained but there is left a sizable % that cannot be explained. So what's your point? When was the last time you heard of cattle mutilation reports washing up on an ocean beach?
2) It was interesting that Perkins explained that these things basically only happen in Christian cultures. As I've said elsewhere, I sense that especially the more personal visitation/demonic UFO-related experiences seem to feature strongly among Christian cultures, probably because people are primed to believe in otherworldly beings visiting them at night, for whatever reason. Angels and demons and so forth, so why not a 'grey' with a scalpel?
So, again, what's your point? I was the first to realize that this is a Christian country mystery and David agrees that this may provide us w/ a possible clue that may link aspects of the mystery w/collective spiritual belief in the West. I go into this in the book...
Related to the Scandinavian dead cows and culture differences in general, I had no idea anyone had suggested the cows were 'mutilated' in an abduction related sense, and couldn't find any articles/blogs suggesting it (I'm in Scandinavia). Whatever the reason for the cultural differences, if it happened in the U.S., a lot of people would be going around saying it was an 'abduction' case, because people are tuned into the idea. Justified or not.
I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

I give a shit Chris. Your right, it was better than usual interview and I'm grateful David took the time to come do a show for us. I should have shared that with you. I guess if its any importance here, it's "the" topic this week in our household. It's brought up the issue of potential government random sampling and our food sources in general. Until I read your book though, and get some cases under my belt I still feel short on info to say a lot. I've never cared about the issue until I heard you talk about it. Anyways, I wanted to chime in and say thanks for not just this interview, but all the interviews you participate in. You do a good job and add tons of wisdom to the interviews.
Thanks a lot Heidi, I really appreciate that!

I have listened to bolth the PC and C2C shows. For the record I am glad Knapp did the C2C interview I don't think Chris could have dealt well with Snorry. I am very glad Chris did the interviews and David came on as well. Stalking the herd Is an excellent book and I honestly think it deserves to be read.
Its sad sometimes a man like Rick Dyer runs around making foolish claims and CNN beats a path to his door. and Chris who has dedicated his LIFE to seeking the truth.. where ever the truth leads to.. Gets no fair shake.
I respect Chris his work. I wish he would get his due.
love the book Chris..
my 2 cents for what its worth
Bob

Start RANT------ lots of MOOO puns to follow

I had oral surgery 2 days ago so im slowly digesting (MOOO) all these shows while recovering.

I will fight through the pain and drugged state just to speak up now Chris. It was another kick ass show and another Keeper for my collection.

What can i say Chris?

Between Greg Bishop, Don Ecker, George Knapp and The Paracast i am in Hog or Cow (MOOO) heaven this week. :)

No like i said on my questions it is a super rare opportunity to hear David on the Air at all with you it was like a little brother tagging along. You guys really hint all the areas you could in the time you had.

How the hell can you force a life time of research into 2 hours on the show and David make his one and ONLY appearance, i call BULLSH*T (MOOO) on that :)

You must have David back on.

Watching Davids Video presentation you posted Chris, i can see why i would call him the leading investigator in the field right with you Chris.

You guys covered the hair follicles being cut ruling out predation. Covered low level sacrificial crazies (not high level so much) , government NBC monitoring, Mad Cow(MOOO) disease, Hungry little Grey guys having barbeques, you guys even covered us people creating Tuplas it was really a fantastic discussion bro.

You even covered LINDA MOLDY COW (MOOO)!!!! You got it all.

What honestly impressed me the most Chris was the way you honestly said that there is no simple answer, there is a vast amount of Data that needs to be digested(MOOO), assimilated, and questioned again.

Were still asking important questions, that means you guys succeeded in keeping us interested in the subject and wanting to learn more.

So there suck on that cow pie (MOOO) !!!

I do wish you had asked at least one of my questions, :( I'm a sad Panada.

A good excuse to bring David Back and ask him follow up questions :)

Again Great show Gene,Chris and David thanks for doing it and David please come back on. Your experience and witt is a breath of fresh air.

End Rant----

Last edited:
LoL, I have a question!!!! And it's wierd.....was watching the movie "The Witness" tonight with the Amish and it occurred to me, have you ever come across a mutilation on an Amish farm and do you know if they raise cattle for public market or only for their own people? I guess this would pertain to the government monitor theory.

LoL, I have a question!!!! And it's wierd.....was watching the movie "The Witness" tonight with the Amish and it occurred to me, have you ever come across a mutilation on an Amish farm and do you know if they raise cattle for public market or only for their own people? I guess this would pertain to the government monitor theory.
REALLY good question Heidi! Why don't you do some digging and let me know what you find. I'll bounce your question off David—I like creative thinking..

(No) pun intended? It was the same after the Valdez interview. I mean there was some really important if not amazing statements in that interview that really put a crack in the frosty glass of the alien CMH of LMC (I can't actually use hypothesis with her as it's more a religion now) . I have yet to read the book but on the strength of the interview and the reviews on the threads I would say Chris proceeds to shatter the glass finally and the true importance of this endeavour hopefully will hit home in time. The number of responses does not equal popularity of an interview but that's entertainment in some eyes.

If Chris had said some crazy shit like "there are a number of factors and players in the CM phenomenon but the main one is Taylor Swift", watch the people fall out the woodwork to vent their ire and clamour for prime time sound bites. I hope Chris knows that the importance and contribution he makes goes without saying and that this current interview I thought covered all the bases pretty succinctly. I am intrigued by the conclusion you guys reached though as I thought it was going to be a clandestine terrestrial one rather than the 'other' player tagging along too. It makes me want to read this book more!

Back