• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Stalking the Herd is FINALLY completed!

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
I am proud to announce that after a long 16 months of writing and researching "Stalking the Herd" is finished (all 563 pages of it) and the completed manuscript will be winging its way to the printer Monday. It will be available on my website and on Amazon within a month or so. Special thanks to Gene Steinberg for his immeasurable help with the Quark layout and to Paracaster's Mark Brabant and Ricky Poole for their help with the cover and the index.

And thank all of you for your interest in my work and I look forward to your comments, critiques, observations and questions. As soon as the book hits the stores in 4 or 5 weeks, we'll do a dedicated show on what STH covers: humankind's relationship with cattle (and other livestock) and how this relates to the cattle mutilation mystery, the environment and human health, plus much more!

STHbackcover3thumbmnail.jpg STHspinethumb.jpg STHcoverthumbnail.jpg

@WR: Oh well. Your mail carrier should thank me for not including the 200+ pages I took out for the follow-up book: MuteSpeak: Stalking the Stalkers (to be co-written w/ David Perkins) which will be a thorough an analysis of the first book, and it will also include interviews, position papers and commentaries by scientists, investigators, law enforcement officials, ranchers, journalists, etc plus new information that could potentially break parts of this mystery wide open... ;)

Congratulations on this major accomplishment :) . I hope it earns you the rewards it deserves, and I'll be acquiring my copy very soon !

Perhaps you should team up with Gene's fundraising effort and offer it as a perk with a minimum donation to the Paracast of x amount of dollars.

@WR: Oh well. Your mail carrier should thank me for not including the 200+ pages I took out for the follow-up book: MuteSpeak: Stalking the Stalkers (to be co-written w/ David Perkins) which will be a as-complete and thorough an analysis of the first book as possible, and it will also include interviews, position papers and commentaries by scientists, investigators, law enforcement officials, ranchers, journalists, etc plus new information that could potentially break parts of this mystery wide open...

Dude, you are to be commended for your sincere diligence. Due to your "I will accept nothing short of the truth" approach, we are honestly very lucky to have you Chris. I look forward to learning of what you have uncovered here. This is a thoroughly fascinating social enigma for which some sort of real answer is long overdue.

Congrats Chris on getting it finished!
I appreciate that Lance. I will be interested in what you have to say about the book and how I chose to present this research that addresses our 30,000 year relationship with cattle—East and West. At the very least, I think I've laid out a fairly well-researched case-history overview of the mute mystery. I also spend time analyzing popular perception of the "cattle mutilation" mystery and how it is a textbook example of cultural"meme-plex" building. Plus I cite a number of important scientific papers and their conclusions (and analysis) generated by little-known scientific research. ;)

I am proud to announce that after a long 16 months of writing and researching "Stalking the Herd" is finished (all 563 pages of it) and the completed manuscript will be winging its way to the printer Monday. It will be available on my website and on Amazon within a month or so. Special thanks to Gene Steinberg for his immeasurable help with the Quark layout and to Paracaster's Mark Brabant and Ricky Poole for their help with the cover and the index.

And thank all of you for your interest in my work and I look forward to your comments, critiques, observations and questions. As soon as the book hits the stores in 4 or 5 weeks, we'll do a dedicated show on what STH covers: humankind's relationship with cattle (and other livestock) and how this relates to the cattle mutilation mystery, the environment and human health, plus much more!

STHbackcover3thumbmnail.jpg STHspinethumb.jpg STHcoverthumbnail.jpg
Congrats Chris can't wait to read it.

Ryan Skinner is just finishing the audio version of his book, maybe he can tell you how he did it. I would love to listen to it on my Ipod

OK Chris,
Looking forward to this book. I've always wondered why some of these ranchers don't hire some former spec ops guys to track their heard through the night to try to find out who or what is abducting, and killing these cattle. I think the outcome would be very interesting!!!!!!

P.S.-Where can I obatain a copy of your book??

Congrats Chris! That's a hell of a lot of hard work. Two of your other books have me totally intrigued. I will be picking this one up too! Actually I think I'll go do that right now! (Thanks for the link, Gene!)

Sure, why not... while I'm at it I should have my other five books audio-ized as well! Any ideas on how to do this?

I too love audio books, only problem, once your file makes onto the torrents you just lost a massive amount of readers as they have a way to obtain the book for free now. Incidentally, the moment your book is digitized, it'll be on the torrents. It's a shame, but it's the truth.

Back