• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

some thing is wrong?

Im getting a server error message everytime i post, but..... its posting the message . i see it when i refresh, so dont hit the post reply button again and just refresh (do a quick select all and copy first just to be safe)

This is fast becoming really annoying ...
Error-01.png
PHP <br /><b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method Tapatalk_Model_TapatalkUser::getAllforumwatch_replyOpenTapatalkUsers(in<b>/home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php(60) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>1</b><br />

This is fast becoming really annoying ...
Error-01.png
PHP <br /><b>Fatal error</b>: Call to undefined method Tapatalk_Model_TapatalkUser::getAllforumwatch_replyOpenTapatalkUsers(in<b>/home/theparac/theparacast.com/forum/library/Tapatalk/Push/Push.php(60) : eval()'d code</b> on line <b>1</b><br />

Yep thats the one, ignore it and hit refresh your post will be there

Im getting a server error message everytime i post, but..... its posting the message . i see it when i refresh, so dont hit the post reply button again and just refresh (do a quick select all and copy first just to be safe)

Yeah same problem when creating a thread ... there will be three of the same one from me lol.. sorry Gene

Yep I'm getting errors now to. Seems to have posted though. Glad there's info about this or I probably would have kept trying to post thinking it wasn't working.

I've been having difficulties connecting to the site in the last few days. Extremely laggy. Any construction going on? Other sites, no problem.

No, nothing of which I'm aware. Performance is normal. It may just be the process of accessing the site from your country. But we have tests of the performance of our sites around the world. Nothing is standing out.

Update! Pings to Europe by the host tracking service for our sites all seem normal.

Huh. Thanks. At the moment, it's not so bad, but at times I have had to cancel the connection when it didn't respond after half a minute or so. Never happened before. Well, I'll guess I'll wait and see if gets better.

Has anyone else noticed the following problems:
  • When backspacing during editing, sometimes instead of backspacing a single character, whole paragraphs are deleted :mad: .
  • There are resize nodes for pictures, but the resizing isn't applied when the post is saved.
  • The poll time limit cannot be set because it's greyed out.

I've had the whole paragraph deletion take place while typing on a first generation iPad. What I feel happens is that during quick typing by accident I have selected the whole paragraph and then wham the whole paragraph goes. This happens only when I'm going so fast I don't notice the sudden selection, nor am i aware how it is I can select paragraphs so quickly with incorrect keystrokes.

I've had the whole paragraph deletion take place while typing on a first generation iPad. What I feel happens is that during quick typing by accident I have selected the whole paragraph and then wham the whole paragraph goes. This happens only when I'm going so fast I don't notice the sudden selection, nor am i aware how it is I can select paragraphs so quickly with incorrect keystrokes.

That's what I thought at first too, but it's happened way too many times now. I don't think the software has all the bugs out yet. I use more formatting than the average user and that seems to confuse it. The last instance was when I copied a section heading that had been formatted with a larger font and color and pasted it into another section to achieve the same formatting, and then backspaced the characters so they could be replaced with new ones in the same formatting. As soon as I hit the backspace key, poof ! The whole section disappeared along with the pasted header.

The forum uses a separate text editor that's popular with apps of this sort. But those things can be flaky. I'm still not seeing such symptoms.

The forum uses a separate text editor that's popular with apps of this sort. But those things can be flaky. I'm still not seeing such symptoms.
It's not a big deal. Just a note for the developers if they happen to be tracking these things. You probably won't notice it because your posts are usually short and without any formatting. You might notice it sometime when you are putting the newsletter together though.

I just paste the newsletter into the text window here. It's written in a Mac app known as Pages.
That makes sense. I find that if I copy and paste multiple paragraphs, I end up having to reformat it, so I convert them to plain text in Notepad first. Then the problems only crop up in the web editor afterwards.

When posting images and using the resize handles to scale them to fit, when the post is saved to the forum, the scaling is lost and the image reverts to 100% of it's normal size. Is that due to a bug or a backend setting?

Not backend. But the forum software was recently updated, and we are testing it on another site before it is deployed here. We have some issues with add-ons for the forum that may need to be resolved first.

Back