• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

So who said 1 person couldn´t move tons of stone

Seen this guy a while back. I long ago realised that Stonehenge could be build by men a long time ago. But the pyramid at Giza and the trilithons at Baalbek are in a different class. It's all very well and good shifting stones on a hard surface on the flat - it's the supposed speed of the stone's being made and put in place with precision that is unexplained. Also the supposed tool set of the ancient Egyptians would just not be up to the job.

How did they manage to quarry and move those stones in Lebanon? I was discussing this topic on the forum some months back and a certain poster was convinced that had all been explained and that I should go and read about 'roman crane technology', whilst providing me a link. When I looked I realised that Roman cranes used in conjunction could maybe lift 80 tonnes max! And that would be awkward cos the cranes would get in eachother's way.

Nobody has a clue how these 1000 tonne block were quarried etc. How were they cut on the underside and then lifted out of place etc? I have never heard an explanation that comes close to explaining it. The Coral Castle is another weird one. If 'The Hutchison Effect' is for real ( I don't know) then maybe there is a way to negate gravity available to us?

The best bit of the Coral Castle was the 9-ton swivel door. Once installed it was supposedly so finely balanced, that a child could revolve it with a finger. For some reason, recently the door had to be taken down and fixed and it was put back in place. The original precision was not equalled and the fine movement was gone. I don't how true that is but if it is true, it's just another mystery about heavy stones and moving them easily to your will.

Anyone have a link to a site where I can read more about Coral Castle and it's construction? I've heard it mentioned a few times but I've never really looked into it.

Seen this guy a while back. I long ago realised that Stonehenge could be build by men a long time ago. But the pyramid at Giza and the trilithons at Baalbek are in a different class. It's all very well and good shifting stones on a hard surface on the flat - it's the supposed speed of the stone's being made and put in place with precision that is unexplained. Also the supposed tool set of the ancient Egyptians would just not be up to the job.

How did they manage to quarry and move those stones in Lebanon? I was discussing this topic on the forum some months back and a certain poster was convinced that had all been explained and that I should go and read about 'roman crane technology', whilst providing me a link. When I looked I realised that Roman cranes used in conjunction could maybe lift 80 tonnes max! And that would be awkward cos the cranes would get in eachother's way.

Nobody has a clue how these 1000 tonne block were quarried etc. How were they cut on the underside and then lifted out of place etc? I have never heard an explanation that comes close to explaining it. The Coral Castle is another weird one. If 'The Hutchison Effect' is for real ( I don't know) then maybe there is a way to negate gravity available to us?

I'm sure you've heard of Jean-Pierre Houdin's interior ramp theory for the Pyramids? What do you think about that one?
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Hi. Yes I have heard it and in the main it seems sound. It doesn't explain the quarrying, moving and fine alignment of the blocks - not with the tools supposedly available.

I am convinced we in this age are missing a trick of the ancients. Once we explain Baalbek, Coral Castle and numerous other megalithic mysteries, the building of the pyramids will fall into place.

I just love this subject!

Hi. Yes I have heard it and in the main it seems sound. It doesn't explain the quarrying, moving and fine alignment of the blocks - not with the tools supposedly available.

I am convinced we in this age are missing a trick of the ancients. Once we explain Baalbek, Coral Castle and numerous other megalithic mysteries, the building of the pyramids will fall into place.

I just love this subject!

I agree that we are "missing" something...and I think that applies to maybe more areas than monumental building projects, but I don't think ancient aliens are involved. I have a feeling that design, whether in architecture or art (or whatever) was much more in tune with nature/ our minds/the universe??? something like that. That doesn't really make sense, but I think we've lost some understanding over the years that was less of a technical understanding and maybe more metaphysical. I actually work at a historic house museum that is built on the remains of a Mississippian village (The Moundbuilders) so I've studied quite a bit about them. I think mainstream theories concerning the Moundbuilders are "missing" a lot. I don't think they were Vikings or a lost tribe of Israel, but there is some real evidence that they are connected to the Mayans. While this isn't a paranormal theory, it does point to the idea that we might be "missing" a lot because we fill in the blanks with the assumptions that our modern mind makes since we can never look at the ancient world from the ancients' perspective...short of a time machine that is! ;)

Back