• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Slenderman on DMR!!

Decker

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight on Dark Matters Radio, The "Paranormal" Pastor .. Rev. Robin Swope. Author of the new book "Slenderman", Pastor Swope will discuss what he has discovered in his research about this "urban myth" that seems to have "come to life!" Only on CyberstationUSA! Starting at 10:00 PM Pacific!

www.dqrm.com

Slenderman.jpg

Looking forward to this one, it sounds like the story here is that a well established meme has been "tulpafied" ala the black eyed kids ??

This is probably one of my favorite concepts when it comes to the paranormal, another one I favor is Ever Dream This Man?

Does anyone have anything remotely approaching evidence for 'black-eyed kids'? It makes a great paranormal ghost story but I've only heard 2nd-hand accounts I've read online etc.

Has there ever been a photo of such a kid/person or a multiple-witness sighting/experience?

I have to say black-eyed kids seem just to be an urban legend and one only really known to people with an interest in the paranormal anyway. You any more on this Mulder?

Does anyone have anything remotely approaching evidence for 'black-eyed kids'? It makes a great paranormal ghost story but I've only heard 2nd-hand accounts I've read online etc.

Has there ever been a photo of such a kid/person or a multiple-witness sighting/experience?

I have to say black-eyed kids seem just to be an urban legend and one only really known to people with an interest in the paranormal anyway. You any more on this Mulder?

well my understanding is both these stories have a known origin, my understanding on slender man started in the something awful forums and was nothing more than a ghost story that was given life as it got spread, not necessarily a hoax more like a meme Slender Man | Know Your Meme as apparently is the case for thisman.org

The Origin of the b.e.k. story afaik was a legitimate real life experience by a newspaper (abeline texas) columnist by the name of Brian Bethel back in '97. It was not meant as a hoax or halloween story. It was quite real to him.

I'm not about to say that I believe in any of these phenomena but as far as paranormal things go I'm drawn to stories that have as a concept the idea that some of the things that go bump in the night come from our collective subconscious. If that were the case you could say that the collective subconscious had a better imagination in the past some of the experiences that albert rosales has collected sounds like they came from the early mad comics or tex avery cartoons given the descriptions of the beings

Web archive of his original story
Black-Eyed Kids

I think I read elsewhere that someone(perhaps mistakenly) pointed out the story was fake because the date of the posted event did not coincide with the fact that mortal kombat could have been playing because it hadn't been released yet. I never followed up on that but I would think a newspaper columnist would have been smarter than to let a detail like that get by him.

Yeah, I just went and read his first hand account, thanks. From other paranormal radio shows I've heard a few tales of BEK's and the consistent theme seems to be them asking to be 'let in' somewhere with a flimsy excuse, they seem older than they physically look and most scarily - they seem to radiate fear out of proportion to the normal threat a child could pose.

If you have not yet heard my interview with Jason Offut, it was on the "black eyed kids" and I suggest you hear it. FYI

Decker

The Slender man myth started on the Something Awful forums and 4chan years ago as part of a creepypasta competition to Photoshop paranormal pictures in 2009... I know because I was there when it started off.

Slender Man became a well-known mythical creature on the /x/ (paranormal) 4chan board. The earliest known mention of “Slender Man” on 4chan can be found in an archived thread dating back to June 24th, 2009, though the conversation suggests that it had been mentioned prior. The image was coupled with hand-drawn illustrations and

A bit of history as to where the myth may have been taken from for what we call the slender man

Der Großmann is german for “The Great Man” and is often translated into copypastas as The Tall Man. It is rumored to be a German folklore concerning a tall boogeyman existing since the 16th century, which was introduced to the mythos as an “In Game” point of origin for the creature. It was first first used in the Slender Man web series TribeTwelve and has then been reused in many creepypastas. Other recurring names are Schwarzwald (“The Black forest”), an actual place in Germany where the creature is said to have first appeared, and Der Ritter (“The Knight”) based on several 16th century woodcuts by Hans Freckenberg that featured a strange figure duelling another man (shown below, left). On March 17th, 2011, Encyclopedia Slenderia published a post revealing that the original woodcut of Der Ritter did not show additional limbs (shown below, right).

Know your meme has a good post on this Slender Man | Know Your Meme

That there is the truth of the matter.

Now as for blackeyed Children I have no idea and I find them very interesting

Gonna check out the interview with Jason. As I type I am listening to Don and Norio Hayakawa tearing strips of Bill Cooper.

Great Interview Don, if not only because the pastor used the very words I was hoping he would use. who needs demons (which he name checked) or space aliens when our own tortured id...and imagination...is capable of coming up with some twisted beings. God Forbid if old Pin Head gets "thought formed" then it's game over.

It makes for some interesting scenarios even if you do think the whole idea is a pile of garbage, I think the human psyche could be one if the most potent agents for change if it was ever fully unleashed but then we would all be sitting (in a manner of speaking) on our own nuclear warheads

Back