• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 9, 2012 — Harry Drew and Ruben Uriarte Show

ward

Paranormal Adept
Maybe you caught me on a bad day, but are you guys serious about this?

Just speaking about your guest Harry Drew, this stuff belongs on Project Camelot not The Paracast.

I question his history of Groom Lake.
I question the what 3-4 UFO crashes that supposedly occurred in Kingman.
He makes money from "Top Secret Tours" dependent entirely on the reality of this story.
The "Two strange men" had me laughing throughout the interview
To top it all off he keeps saying his information comes from

Wendelle Stevens

and

Bill Uhouse

wow paragons of credibility.

i know you can't hit a home run every week but you do need feedback when a guest is lacking in the eyes of your audience, and this is only one opinion.

I'm afraid I have to agree. I can't envision a single instance in my life where I might site a Steven Greer book as confirmation of anything. I'd almost call this episode embarrassing.

I find it interesting that the Kingman Issue was announced as one of two "Biggies" at the 2012 MUFON Symposium. Based on the above two comments, that may be a complete BUST. I will be listening to the podcast to decide on my own:cool:

Hey, cut the show (and this co-host) just a little slack. Need I remind everyone, there is more than meets the eye to research & investigate in AZ, and the Kingman '53 "alleged" events are just the tip of a very large iceberg. Stay a couple of nights at the Hotel Brunswick in Kingman or research the labrynth of tunnels under the town used by the Chinese workers in the 19th Century... Let me know before you book your stay I'll tell you which room to request @ the Brunswick. :) Then head up toward the campground near Havasupai Peak to skywatch, or check out the cool bigfoot reports from the mountainous area between Kingman and Seligman. There's extensive lava tubes, purported UFO corridors, legends of cloud/sky kachinas and all sorts of curious weirdness associated w/ the region.

I like Harry and his enthusiasm. He comes across like a good nutz&boltz researcher. I'm looking forward to meeting & interviewing him next weekend and of course catching up w/ Rubin & Les, Rich Dolan, uhh, who else? .... oh yeah, Michael Shrat --all at the aptly named UFOCON in Santa Clara, CA. [disclaimer:] Need I mention? I've never met or spoken w/ any of the other presenters I've not mentioned (yikes) and (fwiw) I've been working on a counter roast of the roast-master for the opening banquet on Friday night. I trust someone at the event will have a cameras/recorder rolling... :)

I guarantee a good time will be had by moi', I refuse to vouch for anyone else. And :) I get to go visit my family!

Jene needs to invest in a mute button for guests like Harry :). Two people trying to talk over each other that much is like nails on a chalkboard to this paracast fan.

Our recording technique doesn't allow for a mute button, since we use a Skype connection. I admire Chris' enthusiasm and dedication to researching anomalies in Kingman. I wasn't as impressed with Harry as he is, though, because the sourcing is shaky. But if something really happened there, he might have the perseverance to flush it out.

I have to agree with you Gene. You didn't sound too impressed with him.
Chris, you can't attack every criticism with "you need to do the research yourself."

yeah, a lot of this show seemed to be based on rumor and hearsay, 'sigh', until more details come forward, its the gray basket for this one!!

Personally, some of my favorite segments on the Paracast are the intros when Gene & Chris do reviews and casually discuss things. Sure their guests are often informative and interesting too, and no disrespect to anyone in particular, but there are certain times when I'd be just as happy to listen to Gene and Chris talk shop. They both have some very interesting perspectives, are really well informed and are very good at presenting their views. I think that together they could easily hold an audience for the occasional "Special Edition" ... perhaps where they take some clips of the best stuff they've done over the course of a year, comment on it, and answer forum questions.

Personally, some of my favorite segments on the Paracast are the intros when Gene & Chris do reviews and casually discuss things. Sure their guests are often informative and interesting too, and no disrespect to anyone in particular, but there are certain times when I'd be just as happy to listen to Gene and Chris talk shop. They both have some very interesting perspectives, are really well informed and are very good at presenting their views. I think that together they could easily hold an audience for the occasional "Special Edition" ... perhaps where they take some clips of the best stuff they've done over the course of a year, comment on it, and answer forum questions.

Totally agree with you on this. That would be a great idea.

Okay, so I finished the show this morning on my commute and should probably chime in, here. I met Harry in April during the, yes, Top Secret Tours.....tour. He was a guest speaker for about half a day or more. He showed us the jail where the supposed strange-looking men disappeared. He took us out to the crash site and we spent an afternoon walking the desert. Then we had dinner and spoke with Harry and his lady-friend for a good couple of hours about Kingman, UFO's, and some more spiritual topics.

This may sound a bit apologetic about Harry but he's very intelligent though extremely hard-of-hearing. He's deaf in one ear and only has about 18% hearing in the other, which I believe is what contributed to the issues Gene experienced getting him to recognize the breaks. Harry wasn't being rude nor confrontational. I just doubt he could hear Gene's hints about taking the break. Sure, it made for some uncomfortable episodes but again I don't think either Harry nor Gene are to blame. On top of that Harry has a lot of information stored up in his mind about what he has discovered in his research about the Kingman events and, sometimes, he gets distracted. I can say that after several hours spent with the man it was still difficult for us to keep him on one subject. He just has too much knowledge up there and you have to keep him on track, sometimes. As you could tell at one point in the interview he was spinning off-topic even trying to establish a chronological timeline of events. It was the same when we visited Harry at Kingman and, since that time, he and I have exchanged emails frequently, forming a small friendship, I would say. When Chris speaks to him this weekend I have little doubt he'll come to the same results about Harry as I did.

With that being said, do I believe anything UFO-related in Kingman in the early 1950's? No. I don't. I'm on board with Gene in the suspicion about some of Harry's sourcing. Harry mentioned he did research work at the library and hall of records, and he has over 15 witnesses he's interviewed but I find that lacking. Such research may be sufficient for historical work but this is more than simple history and maybe Harry doesn't realize that. What he's doing here, with the Kingman UFO crashes is on par with building a criminal case and he can't stop at "I can only go off of what the witnesses say." That's not good enough in this field, (if you want to call it that.)

Okay, so he has 15 witnesses, but how did Harry vet those witnesses? Were they eye-witnesses or 2nd or 3rd hand witnesses like the witnesses the Ramsey's used in their Aztec research? On top of that, what kind of hard-core documentation does Harry have? I would say one, authentic, good government document about the Kingman events in the hand is worth three witnesses in the bush. He's stated repeatedly that the government was involved with the crash retrieval process but has he filed any Freedom of Information Act requests about the event? We've all heard from other researchers that FoIA requests typically turn up nothing but Harry still needs to do his due diligence and try.

I don't know exactly what-all Harry has in the form of documentation but it sounds like witness hear-say and that's not real good for establishing a base-line argument for the case(s). However the fact he hit the field and sought out the potential (if questionable), physical crash sites is admirable in my opinion. A lot more about Harry's case will come out when he releases his book and/or documentary which I'm praying is soon. Perhaps this will change my mind about the events surrounding Kingman but for now I'm extremely skeptical about the case(s). Still, though I may not believe in the Kingman crashes I do separate the fact that Harry is a great guy pursuing something he's passionate about, and what he believes may be a series of UFO crashes in the Arizona desert. I'm in a holding pattern about Kingman until he comes out with the book. I'm doubtful it will change my mind but full judgement is reserved until then, in my case. I'm hoping he keeps asking the questions.....the right questions and who knows? Maybe Kingman will turn out to be a greater impact on UFO research than Roswell. (There....I said the "R" word.)

Peace.

Hi everyone. I’m completely new to the forum, but I've been a listener for a while now. In the first few minutes of this episode, the Skinwalker show was touched on briefly. Someone mentioned that there was a rumored sweetheart deal between Bigelow and the FAA, and they wanted a listener to provide proof or documentation. Well, it’s not a rumor, pilots and controllers are supposed to report UFO’s to BAASS via phone or email as per the JO7110.65 Chapter 9, Section 8. To see the documentation, just get on the FAA’s website and DL the PDF version of the order.

I was a controller in the Navy from 2001-2010, and I’ve been a PMC controller for the Air Force in Afghanistan and the Army in Iraq from 2010 until this year, but I’ve recently decided to take a break from the contracting world and go back to school on my GI Bill money. At any rate, when your job is to watch the sky all night you’re bound to see something’s you just can’t explain, but as far as UFO reports go, what the pub says to do and what we REALLY do is a little different, especially on the military side of things.

Welcome to the forums Battlecat. If what your saying is true this is a huge deal. Bigelow is essentially absorbing all recent activity and hording it in a private database. Hope someone makes some serious noise about this, thanks again for providing documentation.

Also love to hear your experiences in this area!

Yeah. That might be interesting. Let's say every tenth show was simply Gene and Chris recounting the past shows.

Welcome to the forums Battlecat. If what your saying is true this is a huge deal. Bigelow is essentially absorbing all recent activity and hording it in a private database. Hope someone makes some serious noise about this, thanks again for providing documentation.

Also love to hear your experiences in this area!

No problem. I realize that a lot of you's may have a hard time navigating the faa.gov website, so here's a link.
www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/order/atc.pdf

Like I said, its Chap 9, Section 8. This is the newest edition of the pub, and in past volumes it listed other places and people to report UFO's (one being Peter Davenport's NUFORC, where I had a terrible experience personally). But until the latest edition that specifies BAASS, the term “NIDS” was listed for Bigelow.

And yes, I def have my share of experiances as far as ATC and strangeness go, lol.

I didn't realize Harry had a hearing problem. Sometimes the behavior you see, such as the inability to focus chronologically on events and respond to questions, is the result of being so focused on the trees that they fail to see the forest.

Also, during my interview with Nick Redfern for this weekend's episode, I focused on his investigation of Kingman.

Indeed, influenced by that interview he wrote a new blog on the subject:

Hey, Hey, We're the Monkeys! | Mysterious Universe

Chris, you can't attack every criticism with "you need to do the research yourself."
No attack A-man, just an acknowledgement that the Kingman area contains a wealth of potential data. At least someone is combing through old newspaper archives, knocking on doors and taking statements. That's how you put the pieces of the puzzle together. There is no substitute for good research. How you interpret the data is another matter. You shouldn't have a problem with that logic, I would think.

Back