• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

September 11, 2016 — David Weatherly and Lyle Blackburn

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
A refreshing change of pace, as we presented two of the cutting-edge Bigfoot researchers.

But we ran out of time with a question still on the table, so we brought David and Lyle back for a cameo appearance on this week's After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+:

https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

This may be an interesting coincidence, but I listened to two Sasquatch encounters recently that involved missing time. One of these events involved two people at the same event where 3 hours went by during a 20 minute encounter. I do not remember the missing time amount in the second case. The research of the 3 hours missing time encounter dismissed it and tried to tell these guys that they really must have had a 3 hour encounter and not 20 minutes.

During the show, several key authors and books were mentioned. I recently picked up a nice early copy of John Napier's book from 1972 called "Bigfoot - The Yeti and Sasquatch in Myth and Reality". Napier was a well-known anthropologist according to the book jacket. I haven't read it yet, but I wonder what do you guys (particularly Chris, Weatherly and Blackburn if they are following on here) think of Dr. Napier's work in the overall Bigfoot field?

...During the show, several key authors and books were mentioned... I wonder what do you guys ... think of Dr. Napier's work in the overall Bigfoot field?
IMO he could have had a more significant impact. His one published book is not among the top titles cited, but should be. To his credit, Napier does discuss on the role that bigfoot/Saqautch/Yeti, et, al., may play myth in society, suggesting that, "'Even if no Bigfoot is ever brought to public light, its legend has value on its own. Society is built on legends and shared beliefs,' Napier says, and Bigfoot is one of those." One of his research colleagues was Rene Dahinden who IMO should be elected to the Bigfoot Hall of Fame. Not well known outside the BF field, along with John Green, Rene was one of the true pioneers in 1950s-'60s BF research.

"Rene Dahinden was Canada's first and probably only full-time Bigfoot hunter. Dahinden was born on August 23, 1930 in Switzerland and moved to Canada in 1953. Rene initially worked at a dairy farm in Alberta prior to becoming involved in the avid pursuit of Sasquatch. He interviewed countless eyewitnesses and conducted numerous field investigations throughout the Pacific Northwest. Dahinden frequently collaborated with fellow Bigfoot researcher John Green, whom he first met in 1956... In 1973 Dahinden co-wrote the book Sasquatch with Don Hunter. The David Suchet French-Canadian Bigfoot hunter character in Harry and the Hendersons was loosely based on Rene. Dahinden was well-known for his unbridled gusto, cranky, outspoken disposition, and warm, impish sense of humor (he cheerfully poked fun at himself in a hilarious 1997 TV commercial for Kokanee Beer). Rene was featured in the documentaries Bigfoot: Man or Beast?, The Force Beyond, and the delightfully quirky Sasquatch Odyssey: The Hunt for Bigfoot. Rene Dahinden died at age 70 from cancer on April 18, 2001."

Really enjoyed the show, it was refreshing and great to have Chris back. Any chance you guys can bring David Weatherly back for more of the BEK stuff? That part of the show was especially fascinating.

Back