• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Sacha Christie Show

In this episode of UFO Hunters Halt also explains that the tape was only 20 minutes in length and he stopped and started the tape only when he needed to say something. He could not have allowed the tape to run for the entire period, therefore the events represented on the tape are not in real time.

UFO Hunters visit the lighthouse and speak to the lighthouse keeper and show the shield that would have prevented Halt and his men from seeing the lighthouse beam. Go to 4:54 on the following video to get directly to the lighthouse segment.

Unless the Lighthouse shield was removed by some covert authorities at the time of the incident which will never know unless some hard documentation is released. However, it might be recorded by the lighthouse keepers records?

Unless the Lighthouse shield was removed by some covert authorities at the time of the incident which will never know unless some hard documentation is released. However, it might be recorded by the lighthouse keepers records?

Well the lighthouse keeper said that there was never a time that the metal was not there and the beam has never shown directly into the forest. It just seems really unlikely that something like would be done to fool some guys in the woods. Also, if you watch the videos you will see where UFO hunters recreated the lines of sight which also dispel the notion that the lighthouse could have been responsible for what they saw.

Here is my theory:
I think some inexplicable event happened similar to other UFO events that have been reported around nuclear weapons at other bases and missile sites on several occasions. I think the participants were debriefed by the military and in the process messed with in some manner either to obscure the event in their mind or to implant it, I can't make up my mind.

One other thought: No one talks about it that I know of but who is to say it wasn't a Russian psychological attack using the UFO myth as a means to probe the nuke base? The assumption is it was some operation run by the US military against itself but why would that necessarily be so?

@Kieran - think you misunderstood my meaning a little. I was saying that regardless of whether this binary stuff is true or not, I think the case stands on other merits. I have heard some use the binary thing as a reason to debunk the whole affair and it is this that I strongly disagree with.
I am not at all sure either way about the binary stuff. It's all the rest I mentioned that make me think it's a real case. If the binary stuff is real, that's just a bonus! If it's not real, then it doesn't matter and there is a substantial amount of other evidence.

'Mackay' is fine, being my surname. I may change my profile name because it causes a lot of understandable confusion. My name is Gordon Mackay and it is a local thing to call anyone Gordon 'Goggs', hence 'goggsmackay'.
I don't get hung up on any name someone uses for me so mackay is as good as any! reminds me of basic training getting shouted at when everyone just used last names! Those who have been in the military will sympathise!

In this episode of UFO Hunters Halt also explains that the tape was only 20 minutes in length and he stopped and started the tape only when he needed to say something. He could not have allowed the tape to run for the entire period, therefore the events represented on the tape are not in real time.

UFO Hunters visit the lighthouse and speak to the lighthouse keeper and show the shield that would have prevented Halt and his men from seeing the lighthouse beam. Go to 4:54 on the following video to get directly to the lighthouse segment.

I believe your right yes the tape he had lacked the storage space to record everything that was happening. I've listened to his tape, and it was just around the time the UFOs were spotted over the Bentwaters base, that tape of his went silent. A pity, but Halt (train) still recorded real time events as they were unfolding, stopping the tape, was just necessity.

Lighthouse light isn't even worthy of a response.

@Kieran - think you misunderstood my meaning a little. I was saying that regardless of whether this binary stuff is true or not, I think the case stands on other merits. I have heard some use the binary thing as a reason to debunk the whole affair and it is this that I strongly disagree with.
I am not at all sure either way about the binary stuff. It's all the rest I mentioned that make me think it's a real case. If the binary stuff is real, that's just a bonus! If it's not real, then it doesn't matter and there is a substantial amount of other evidence.

'Mackay' is fine, being my surname. I may change my profile name because it causes a lot of understandable confusion. My name is Gordon Mackay and it is a local thing to call anyone Gordon 'Goggs', hence 'goggsmackay'.
I don't get hung up on any name someone uses for me so mackay is as good as any! reminds me of basic training getting shouted at when everyone just used last names! Those who have been in the military will sympathise!

No I understand perfectly mate and i would agree, this case has enough going for it to stand on its own feet without the binary stuff been in the mix of all this.

But here's the problem ok.

Jim Penniston, is a vital and key witness to these events, and by all accounts, had various degrees of high strangeness encounters with things he could not explain with his training.

Now if Jim never got this binary light communication from this UFO ( its a product of his own mind) or another likely scenario is this stuff was implanted then we've got a real problem. Because if any of this two scenarios are true then this calls into question the legitimacy of everything else he has claimed. See were i am going with this?

I'm waiting to see what else is being said in these binary codes. Like if the content is something we already know presently, and nothing spectacular is being claimed. Then i personally will think there's something wrong here! Like would a UFO come from somewhere else in time or whatever and give Jim mundane information that is already known? Doubt it personally.

I'm waiting to see what else is being said in these binary codes. Like if the content is something we already know presently, and nothing spectacular is being claimed. Then i personally will think there's something wrong here! Like would a UFO come from somewhere else in time or whatever and give Jim mundane information that is already known? Doubt it personally.

Surely all of that has been decoded by now hasn't it? The last I saw as a few pages that had coordinates and something about exploration. There was also an attempt to create an image from the binary but I don't think anything came of that. Maybe Sacha knows something else about what has been done with the code since those half dozen pages were released.

Surely all of that has been decoded by now hasn't it? The last I saw as a few pages that had coordinates and something about exploration. There was also an attempt to create an image from the binary but I don't think anything came of that. Maybe Sacha knows something else about what has been done with the code since those half dozen pages were released.

Yes the codes have been decoded. After that was done ( John and Jim) decided to go on this year long investigating task to find out what these codes meant. I believe they've travelled to some of the places that were given in these codes. This is what the conference in June 2012 is all about their findings after this year long journey had finished.

There's allegedly was 13 pages of 1s and os in his notepad and from what i heard the rest of the binary code is showing co-ordinates for places all around the world and maybe other stuff?

I heard the co-ordinates point to an area of the West coast of Ireland another one was pointing to an area in Sedona, the United States.
Area in China, Area in Egypt Area in Central America and an Area in South America and an Area in Greece.

Why would this thing in the woods give Jim (a random person walking up to it) or anyone else in the forest that night, any information at all, mundane or not? What information could be contained in 13 small notebook pages of binary code that would justify the elaborate means allegedly used to communicate it? The absurdity factor is extremely high here where a random person in the woods is given a message that contains coordinates from around the globe and a cryptic message. A message from the future yet? It's a bad comic book plot.

@Kieran - but even if you remove every single thing jim penniston said. Just take all of his evidence out of the equation. There is still ample for a legitimate case. Not sure what you mean exactly. It may call into question his evidence in that he embellished it to a very high degree but if the other witnesses and official records show he was on duty, then we can probably take it there is a high probability he was involved - to what degree, I don't know.

Why would this thing in the woods give Jim (a random person walking up to it) or anyone else in the forest that night, any information at all, mundane or not? What information could be contained in 13 small notebook pages of binary code that would justify the elaborate means allegedly used to communicate it? The absurdity factor is extremely high here where a random person in the woods is given a message that contains coordinates from around the globe and a cryptic message. A message from the future yet? It's a bad comic book plot.

If there was two nights of this then that leaves me personally with know doubt this all happened for a reason.

What would have brought this UFO to that area of Rendlesham forest in the first place? Jim, claims the UFO did not move once for the 30 minutes or more it sat there, why so?

Did it arrive and land in that particular spot in anticipation for Jim's arrival? Whatever one thinks of this theres also no reason for that UFO to be there at that specific location! Honestly theres something fishy about this it all seems preplanned to me.

@Kieran - but even if you remove every single thing jim penniston said. Just take all of his evidence out of the equation. There is still ample for a legitimate case. Not sure what you mean exactly. It may call into question his evidence in that he embellished it to a very high degree but if the other witnesses and official records show he was on duty, then we can probably take it there is a high probability he was involved - to what degree, I don't know.

You could do that, but if one witness is shown to be fallible, the unfortunate thing is mate the rest of the eyewitnesses will be viewed in a similar light. Its just the way it is mate.

This conference may answer some of the those unanswered questions people have in their minds about this case.

Ah! you are saying that the skeptic/debunker crowd will think of it like that? I thought that was your own position but it didn't jive with me that you would think like that. If so, my mistake and so retracted be it!

Ah! you are saying that the skeptic/debunker crowd will think of it like that? I thought that was your own position but it didn't jive with me that you would think like that. If so, my mistake and so retracted be it!

I don't know any of the eyewitnesses to this never met them and i wasn't there to see what they saw back then. I believe their story because the evidence is very compelling based on the information I've read. Its question of trust really, the case is solid, because the eyewitnesses seem reliable to me. If proven they were lying anywhere in this story. I honestly can't behave as if nothing has changed.

Well, no, that would be fair. But people who have told the truth cannot be held accountable for someone who has not. It would depend on whether anyone other than Penniston's testimony described Penniston doing something or being somewhere where he was not. If others are knowingly lying about his contribution then that could be very worrying.
But even without any of the military personnel supposedly on the ground, there were radar recordings from other locations, the UK MOD thought something worthwhile had happened to investigate or allow the US to do so officially. There are still more credible strands to this case even without all the airmen supposedly there in the forest itself on those nights.

Its not beyond the bounds of possibility that one witness out of a half dozen or so might having enjoyed the spotlight and attention, might fabricate additional info in order to maintain that attention.
Not saying its the case here, but if it were it doesnt in my mind negate the whole case.
For me the witness testimonys taken at the time is the most important stuff.

CNN Special Assignment Filmed in Autumn 1984 ,Aired Feb 1985... Featuring Captain Mike Verrano.Master Sergeant Bob Ball. Master Sergeant Ray Guylus, Airman 1st Class. Larry Warren,Airman 1st Class Greg Bartram.Primary Witness Gerry Harris ,Primary Witness Gordon Levett ,Forrester Vince Thurkettle .This was at the time the highest ranking program on CNN

...Honestly theres something fishy about this it all seems preplanned to me.

To me it seems if it was a set up, something along the lines of Sacha's theory is more probable than time travelers. Again, if someone were going to go through all the trouble to send a message back through time they could have easily come up with a better method of doing so and you would think, or at least hope, they would have a little something more to say.

On the other hand it might be just another UFO/nuke incident that happened to turn into a close encounter. The binary code business could just be another one of the apparent mental side-effects associated with these types of things that often seem bizarre and absurd.

I don't think this will ever be resolved to anyone's satisfaction. We will have to be content with whatever new development arises or scrap of new information that comes to light. If something of substance comes out of the binary code business I will be very surprised to say the least.

Back