• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Ron Regehr — October 19, 2014

Well, it wasn't the best audio quality, because Ron is one of a growing number of people who uses a cell phone rather than a landline. His Internet is satellite, so Skype wasn't a good option.

After a few minutes, you learn how to deal with the digital haze of the wireless connection, and you'll be able to understand Ron. Give it a chance.

I found that initially there were some words that was hard to understand because of the technology, i.e. words with drawn out consonants (s& sh ) but you could deduce what they were by context. By the end of the episode I had no problems understanding what was being said. It probably would have been a little more difficult in the days of the "low-fi" podcasts.

Some posts are being deleted in this topic.Why is that ?
It was a derogatory ad homonym attack by a troll that insulted both Ron and myself. I thought I'd let it slide and simply respond, but decided it was too trollish, so I deleted it. If you'd like, I can back track the ISP and see if it was one of our regular posters and ban them for behavior unbecoming...

It was a derogatory ad homonym attack by a troll that insulted both Ron and myself. I thought I'd let it slide and simply respond, but decided it was too trollish, so I deleted it. If you'd like, I can back track the ISP and see if it was one of our regular posters and ban them for behavior unbecoming...
All clear

poor audio yes, but with patience you can hear the entire session pretty clearly - it's just muddied. i'm not sure if anything new was added to the discussion here though i did appreciate getting to see the petroglyphs as those are quite a rare sight and these are just stunning images. most of the show was a lot of meandering around historical corners, been there done that sort of thing with no real new insights, but then these are familiar roads for some. for others they might have had that experience i had twenty years ago catching a lone radio signal in the giant receiver dish of the lake i was camping beside at 3 am as i listened to art bell spin an interview about the Philadelphia Experiment through strange static. it was wonderful. i wonder if anyone had that experience with this episode..hmmmm, possibly not given the many paths travelled. i think i prefer to have a guest like this come on with more of a focussed topic to hone in on some clear points, or explore a detailed narrative as opposed to the smorgasbord effect.

this felt a little too much like old and new friends sitting around the bar shooting the cat while the stranger with an ear to the conversation is only making snatches of sense of it all.

Great show and enjoyed the banter. The current issue off Sweden coast line does Ron have any thoughts? Also India growing space program and Chris those rock art werid/scary stuff indeed.

I thought he was a interesting fella with some impressive credentials. If you can get passed his monotone voice that is hehe. The audio wasn't great but definitely manageable. I have to say I absolutely hate the commercials on the podcast. Gene, do something about this please. I'm gonna stop right now cause I know it will go to deaf ears, but please note that I can't stand them, and fast forwarding passed the commercials is annoying and creates a burden for the listeners.

As far as Utah - I never adventured to northern Utah. I mostly stayed in southern Utah around Bryce and Zion. I would like to go back next year to northern Utah and go exploring. I've seen those petroglyphs somewhere before; I think it was Ancient Aliens show and some book I don't recall.

Thanks for the pics Chris. I found a video of the area as well.

We are talking with the network about allowing us to have an option to deal with commercial clutter. It may be a subscription version of the show. Two options are being discussed and there may be answers in the near future.

We are talking with the network about allowing us to have an option to deal with commercial clutter. It may be a subscription version of the show. Two options are being discussed and there may be answers in the near future.

Well at least it's being discussed which is a step in the right direction. Maybe the folks that do subscribe can also get extra content like Mysterious Universe podcast. It's really well done. I'm sure you guys have heard of them.

At 1:08:29 into the broadcast Ron said; "Object from deep space crossed in front of a Satellite and went back out to deep space, and it never, uh, went in a stately fashion, it slowed down and sped up again."
Are you kidding me!? I can't believe you did not ask more questions about that! What kind of satellite was it? Where there pictures? Was it a satellite that was equipped with other sensors than normal, like infra red, x-ray etc.? Did Ron get to look at all the data provided by the satellite? How large was the object? If it moved under power, was the power source detectable? What did the object look like? Man I think you guys could have spent a show just on that one statement! I liked what Ron said and can not wait for his book, Were can I find the 67-page report that Ron published 1998 titled: "How to Build a $125 Million UFO Detector?" Thanks for a great show, guys.

Back