• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Remember this great daytime UFO footage in Colorado?

Interesting, of course, especially because of the suggestion of colored running lights. I find the comments from inagod 1 year ago, and 3 months ago, thought-provoking - especially the mention that the guy was known for filming a lot of UFOs.

inagod, 1 year ago: "Why didn't he call the media, friends, etc. Had we had another camera/videos of this, we could have verified it was truly an object in the sky. We're left guessing: how did the vehicle leave. I see no movement, it looks like it is reflecting light, blowing in the wind, becoming bigger, smaller, as the fishing line, etc., moves around. Tim filmed a lot of supposed UFOs, making this video suspect. Interesting but not the smoking gun."

inagod, 3 months ago: "See how he's shooting it, in the shadow of the gutter. See the debris, micro specks of dust appear larger than life."

inagod, 3 months ago: "It looks to be zoomed in, but look at the gutter, something is fishy, the reflection acts like the sun, reflecting off something, a line."

TEXT: "Published on Apr 23, 2013: This is a hoaxed video. Can you guess how it was done?"

So how was it done? :)

It's definitely bobbing around - so bobbing at the end of a wire? But what's with the illusion of 'running lights'? Dunno.

How was it done?

While waiting for the answer from Chris (busy doing a tour in Sedona?) I’ll take a guess that it was spider web.

I saw something very similar this morning that I know was not more than 4-5 feet away since it was between where I was standing and the backdrop of my house. Though the one I saw had two illuminated spots along the web and was visible for less than 30 seconds. The impression of running lights being caused by the shifting of the sun’s reflection along the web as the web swings?

While waiting for the answer from Chris (busy doing a tour in Sedona?) I’ll take a guess that it was spider web.

I saw something very similar this morning that I know was not more than 4-5 feet away since it was between where I was standing and the backdrop of my house. Though the one I saw had two illuminated spots along the web and was visible for less than 30 seconds. The impression of running lights being caused by the shifting of the sun’s reflection along the web as the web swings?
I just watched it again. I'm thinking you're right.

You're right: it was a dangling spider web in a slight breeze catching the light just so. The light (at appropriate angles) created a prism-like effect that caused the light to change colors depending on the angle of the light beam being split and the light's angular relationship to the lens. I'm not saying this is how Edwards' got his famous footage (there were 23 witnesses scattered across 300 miles of central Colorado to the event, fwiw), but there is an uncanny similarity between my footage and his, etc...

You're right: it was a dangling spider web in a slight breeze catching the light just so. The light (at appropriate angles) created a prism-like effect that caused the light to change colors depending on the angle of the light beam being split and the light's angular relationship to the lens. I'm not saying this is how Edwards' got his famous footage (there were 23 witnesses scattered across 300 miles of central Colorado to the event, fwiw), but there is an uncanny similarity between my footage and his, etc...
Did you just happen to notice the web and think "hey, this looks like the thing in the Edwards video." or were you purposely looking for a way to try and duplicate his video?

Did you just happen to notice the web and think "hey, this looks like the thing in the Edwards video." or were you purposely looking for a way to try and duplicate his video?
EXCELLENT question! Since Edwards' 20+ year-old taping of his sighting event, I have been on the lookout for similar videos that show a silhouetted daylight object that appears to be self-lumiscent. They are very rare and for good reason—the witness requires the perfect viewing conditions accompanying the perfect sighting event, etc. On a number of occasions since the mid 90s, I've seen fleeting examples of this prismatic spiderweb affect, but never had a video camera close by. On this particular occasion, all the elements line up and I had a video camera nearby. As I was unpacking the camera, an unfamiliar thought ran through my head: Wow, this is perfect for a hoaxed video. What would happen if I film this and then embellish the story to make it into another Tim Edwards-style sighting claim.... Yeah, right, :cool: as most Paracast listeners know, that's the LAST thing moi' would ever do! So, I filmed it w/ an audio track that was purposefully neutral to see if the clip would be jumped on and touted as a "real" UFO sighting event. When no one did take the bait, I posted it as an "IFO" and asked folks to tell me how I did it.... I think it is an important bit of video... IMO more people should be attempting to hoax digital footage and tell the great unwashed masses how they did it.... It would;d ultimately have the affect of creating many more up2speed amateur analysts, etc...

EXCELLENT question! Since Edwards' 20+ year-old taping of his sighting event, I have been on the lookout for similar videos that show a silhouetted daylight object that appears to be self-lumiscent. They are very rare and for good reason—the witness requires the perfect viewing conditions accompanying the perfect sighting event, etc. On a number of occasions since the mid 90s, I've seen fleeting examples of this prismatic spiderweb affect, but never had a video camera close by. On this particular occasion, all the elements line up and I had a video camera nearby. As I was unpacking the camera, an unfamiliar thought ran through my head: Wow, this is perfect for a hoaxed video. What would happen if I film this and then embellish the story to make it into another Tim Edwards-style sighting claim.... Yeah, right, :cool: as most Paracast listeners know, that's the LAST thing moi' would ever do! So, I filmed it w/ an audio track that was purposefully neutral to see if the clip would be jumped on and touted as a "real" UFO sighting event. When no one did take the bait, I posted it as an "IFO" and asked folks to tell me how I did it.... I think it is an important bit of video... IMO more people should be attempting to hoax digital footage and tell the great unwashed masses how they did it.... It would;d ultimately have the affect of creating many more up2speed amateur analysts, etc...
Thanks & that's a great story. The first thing I noticed was in both video's, that I could see part of a house/gutter area. So that stood out as something is fishy. I was amazed at how similar your video looked compared to Edwards. Thanks for sharing all that info.

It's also funny that just this year I learned that the Heflin photo's were hoaxed as well as the Trinidade photo's. I also am 90% sure the Trent photo's are hoaxed as well.

Is this the deconstruct you are talking about? See link. Marvin deconstructs the hoax in about 4 to 5 posts. Exciting to watch the unfolding and the moment the hoax is 'sealed'. ;)

LINK: The Rex Heflin Case (1965), Fact or Fiction
It was not but thanks for posting that. The guy did a lot of complicated research. All you need to know is the object he used for the hoax, which as pointed out is a model train wheel. Compare this photo (of a train wheel) to Heflins photos;

heflinmodel.jpg

It was not but thanks for posting that. The guy did a lot of complicated research. All you need to know is the object he used for the hoax, which as pointed out is a model train wheel.

He did, its impressive. Makes one wonder about all these other 'experts' who gave the photos a 'pass'. :confused:

I actually think I see the fish wire in the photo - it's one long very thin line coming from the mid-top of the object. Curious case in that there was no attempt at notoriety. Maybe just fooling around, throwing it against the wall and then surprised when it stuck, in a manner of speaking.

He did, its impressive. Makes one wonder about all these other 'experts' who gave the photos a 'pass'. :confused:

I actually think I see the fish wire in the photo - it's one long very thin line coming from the mid-top of the object. Curious case in that there was no attempt at notoriety. Maybe just fooling around, throwing it against the wall and then surprised when it stuck, in a manner of speaking.
Plus, I've read that Heflin was supposedly a giant prankster as well. But who knows? And you are exactly right with your comment about how many other experts that give photos/videos a pass. I think my favorite is Wendelle Stevens talking about Billy Meier's "Beamship". Where in an interview he says how big the ship is (about 30ft in diameter) and how far it is from the camera (I forget how many hundreds of feet away). The best is when he says "and we know all of this is accurate because the computer we ran the photo's through tells us that." LOL. You mean the computer didn't tell you it's a 12" plastic model on fishing line directly in front of the camera? Amazing.

I'm not sure what the excitement is here these are not that abnormal I'm from Kansas and we see green and orange balls of light all the time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come out see for your self I can try to get some pic an cam footage they generally just turn out as smudge blurred images

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back