• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Film Director Matty Beckerman?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Matty Beckerman will be out guest and he has make his directorial debut with "ALIEN ABDUCTION" a Sci-Fi thriller based on the legend of the Brown Mountain Lights. The movie was released by IFC Midnight on April 4, 2014. We will be discussing the role of media in public perception of so-called paranormal subjects and what responsibilities the artist has in regard to accuracy vs. entertainment, etc We'll be recording this episode midday on Thursday, April 24.

Please ask your questions here...

Beckerman was the Founder and CEO of Natural Selection, a privately-held, equity-backed motion picture company based in Los Angeles. He has Executive Produced Paul Scheuring’s The Experiment starring Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker. Prior to Natural Selection, Mr. Beckerman served as the General Manager of Bulletproof Recording Company Inc, a leading film soundtrack and music supervision company. He also founded Now Or Never Records, Inc, an independent record label with distribution through Warner Bros and ADA. The label signed over 25 acts that toured worldwide and Beckerman directed several music videos all over the country for his acts. He sold the company in 2003 to German multi-national entertainment company, Century Media, distributed by EMI. Mr. Beckerman attended the AB Freeman School of Business at Tulane University, where he obtained his Bachelor’s degree in Management and Information Systems with a minor in Photography. Beckerman currently resides in Beverly Hills, CA and is a member of the Directors Guild of America.

Did Ralph Lael really have a mummified alien in the back of his Space Rock Shop, and if so where did it mysteriously go after Ralph died?

mummy.jpg

Paracast has really expanded my view point on a variety of paranormal topics. I used to listen to coast to coast thinking that was a good show, only because I love anything to do with the paranormal and intimately want to know as much as I can possibly absorb.After running into your show ,Chris and gene.I see how dumbed down George snoory is when it comes to holding guests accountable for comments made on the show.
Thanks guys for putting on an amazing show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know of any actual (alleged) abduction cases that have been linked to places like Brown Mountain, Hessdalen etc.?

Do you think there's probably a mundane explanation for the Brown Mountain Lights? Or the ball of light phenomena in general?

How about doing a documentary about the Brown mountain lights and other ball of light type phenomena reported all over the world (foo fighters, Hessdalen, Min-Min lights etc. etc.)? Especially comparing sighting descriptions of credible witnesses with known light phenomena (ball lightning, earth lights) and possible causes of misinterpretation (car headlights, planes, helicopters) should be interesting.

Do you think it might be worthwhile to figure out what's behind these phenomena? Are movies a good way of getting people, especially scientists involved in doing so?

Why alien abductions and not spirits or ghosts*? Do you think they make a better story because people might be more interested in something which at least seems more tangible?

* (optional) In the Scole experiments, credible witnesses described bright bluish-white lightsources with apparent mass, one moving around in a closed hand with apparently no strings or fibre optics attached. There are the photographs of the lights in the also quite credible "Entity" case. And, of course, you have the alleged "orbs" in other haunting and Poltergeist cases. To me, that sounds like minature versions of what's reported in places like Brown Mountain, Hessdalen, Skinwalker Ranch etc.

Last edited:
Do you think that sensationalist, purely entertainment films are a good way to get people interested in the paranormal and to ultimately take it seriously? I started listening to the paracast in hopes of hearing scary stories. But I was introduced to a culture of people seriously researching unexplained phenomena.

More than one Paracast show has mentioned Irish and Cherokee background people as having more interest and/or more experience in the paranormal. Since the Brown Mountain Lights would be in a Cherokee area, was there any research done to see what the Cherokee people in this area have to say about these lights? I have a feeling these go back to before the white man's arrival.

Back