• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Questions for Chris Rutkowski

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Author/UFO researcher/science writer Chris Rutkowski returns to The Paracast to present an update on the latest sightings in Canada, classic cases, "M-File" cases from Manitoba, and responsible speculation about UFOs.

Chris was also associated with the Roswell Slides Research Group.

You can check out his blog here:

Ufology Research

We'll be recording this segment on Wed., August 26 at 3:30 PM Pacific time.

Most paranormal encounters from Bigfoot to Religious apparitions leave us with nothing but "sightings." Some suggest these experiences share a common stimulus or trigger, but are interpreted differently by each individual.
If most of it is in our heads, what do you think is putting it there?

When talking about the intelligences behind UFOs (if any), people seem to assume they must be so advanced that we are the ones who are the weak link in establishing meaningful communication. Yet, when we discuss trying to contact extraterrestrials (with SETI, for example) we rightfully wonder if what we're doing is something ET's would recognize as communication in the first place.

1. Is it possible that whatever is behind this phenomena is fumbling around in the dark as much as we are, but they've stumbled upon us instead of the other way around? Could UFO's, abductions, MiB's, even old reports of faerie folk or ghosts, be their attempts to be heard, but they just can't figure us out enough to effectively speak with us? Could it be constructive to consider ways in which other species might try to communicate and try them in an effort to meet half way?

Question: What is your general impression of the public's current acceptance ( or lack thereof ) to alien visitation compared to other times in history? Do you see a trend of any kind?

Question : do you subscribe to the fact that there could be more alien races visiting the earth like PROJECT MONTAUK
Question :do you believe that the small greys are human foetuses manipulated into small obedient beings ?

Thanks guys keep up the great work

1. I know there has been an uptick in UFO reports, but has there been an uptick in CE-3 or higher reports that aren't just lights in the sky (like some of the major classic cases of the past)?

2. Since Canada seems to be a hotbed of UFO activity, doesn't it make sense to find one or two hotspots and start a camera project to get some hard evidence, like Chris is doing in the US?

1. You often highlight extraordinary cases with UFO's that are electic in their strange shapes and forms. With so many compelling, non-traditional examples in the history of Ufology does this make the phenomenon just more multi-faceted with many possible answers, or does it make you more suspicious that a single source may be responsible?

2. Is the Falcon Lake case a very strong Ufological case in your opinion, because of its physical pieces of evidence, or do you have doubts about this case? Are there other physical trace evidence UFO cases that you favor as strong examples of evidence of an anomalous technology?

3. (this is a spin off of Sentry's question) When you consider the strange nature of stories of ufo close encounters and interactions with humanoids, how much of these would you say are an internal experience vs. an external reality? Is this a fifty-fifty event or do you favor one over another in terms of how much is actually taking place as reported by a witness vs. how much is taking place internally in their minds?

Chris,

All these years later, what do you make of the Falcon Lake incident? I've heard good arguments both pro and con. But I remember hearing that Stephen Michalak liked his alcohol. And that he couldn't bring other folk to the exact landing sight the following day (he could not remember exactly where it was - supposedly). What do you think?

Thank you.

Creepy Green Light

Hello Mr. Rutkowski, I have always been intrigued by the cast of characters involved in the Carp-Manion Corners "Guardian" case. Has it been definitively proven that Bobby Charlebois was "Guardian" and that Bob Oechsler of Mufon perpetuated this alleged case?

Hello Mr. Rutkowski, While I have yet to read your books, (I'm keen on reading the Sasquatch one!) I noticed that you have written on more than UFOs, including all manner of Fortean topics from Sasquatch to ghosts. I also saw some mention on your blog (and have heard you on other shows) mention that your interest and research in other fortean matters compelled you away from a nuts & bolts approach to UFOs. I won't ask a big heady question like "what's behind all this high strangeness", but rather I'd like to know if you see any way that your collection and quantification of UFO reports (in a scientific manner) might be utilized in the same way for other paranormal phenomenon (ghosts, bigfoot, etc.) and if so, how might a statistical analysis of other fortean cases help us make sense of the high strange (when it's very nature almost relies on the illogic)? One last biggie - what's your favorite (for whatever reason -it's level of proof, silliness, etc.) non-UFO paranormal case that you've investigated? Thank you and I really enjoy your blog :)
By the way, if my question gets read on the air my Paracast name is pronounced "Le Bombette" - it's made-up French, so think of it as being said with the elements of French or you can just say it however you wish ;)

Could Mr. Rutkowski talk briefly about his Aliens and Abductions book - why he wrote it, what it covers, something general like that? I have not tracked down a copy yet and would love to hear a blurb from the author himself.

Also, how has his thinking about [whatever] evolved over the years?

Do you see any regional distinctions that set Canada apart from ufo reports in other areas of the worlds?

In this same vein, would you say that there are regional trends seen globally, which might be interpreted as culturally specific?

I ask this because it seems like ufo and abduction reports are one of the few areas of shared global experience that don’t really have their own flavor.

Back