• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Origin of 'six-inch mummy' confirmed

Han

piscator ψ
Some wondered whether the remains, dubbed Ata after the Atacama region where they were discovered, could in fact be the remains of a non-human primate. A documentary, called Sirius, even suggested it could be evidence of alien visitations.

Prof Nolan began the scientific investigation of Ata in 2012, when a friend called saying he might have found an "alien".

He explained: "While this started as a story about aliens, and went international - it's really a story of a human tragedy. A woman had a malformed baby, it was preserved in a manner and then "hocked", or sold."

((Source)):

I look forward to the day when geneticists are able to account by DNA analysis for the elongated skulls that have been dug up in far-flung locations on earth.
Well @Constance, you’re in luck. LA Marzulli has done just that, as reported by Jason Colavito here:

Date: Feb 3, 2018
L. A. Marzulli Holds Live Stream Symposium to Reveal Elongated Skull DNA Results [UPDATED WITH RESULTS]
Late yesterday, Nephilim theorist L. A. Marzulli held a live global symposium in Los Angeles in which he and a team of misfits presented the results of DNA tests they conducted on an elongated skull from Paracas, Peru. Yes, regular readers will remember that Marzulli already conducted DNA tests on a similar skull and released them as part of the Watchers DVD line

3 weeks later, Jason had a conversation with Marzulli about his DNA results.

Date: Feb 23, 2018
My Conversation with L. A. Marzulli and Mondo Gonzales about Elongated Paracas Skulls
Yesterday afternoon I spoke with Nephilim theorist L. A. Marzulli and Biblical archaeologist and pastor Mondo Gonzales about their preliminary investigation into the elongated skulls of Paracas, Peru. In the course of the conversation, Marzulli apologized for calling me a weasel, and we had a friendly and civil discussion of some of the major issues surrounding the announcement of results of DNA testing and morphological analysis on a series of skulls from Peruvian museums. I also learned from Marzulli that Brien Foerster has been dismissed from the research team for sensationalizing the results and will not be part of future investigations.

I am describing our conversation with Marzulli’s permission, and he asked that I summarize some of the key findings before discussing them. Here are some of the highlights he and Gonzales presented to me during our thirty-minute talk:

As I figured, Jason Colavito immediately responded to the news of Garry Nolan’s research. And since I also reminded Jason of Garry’s involvement with TTSA, he was thrown for something of a “cognitive dissonance loop.” I quote that part below:

Scientific Analysis Concludes "Atacama Humanoid" Is Stillborn Child Suffering from Unique Genetic Conditions

But even regular readers might be surprised to learn that Nolan is deep in the world of UFOs. He signed on last year to become the “genetics technologies consultant” for Tom DeLonge’s To the Stars Academy.

I will be honest with you: It is more than a little disturbing that the same few characters keep cycling through the UFO and alien promotion industry.

There is no suggestion that Dr. Nolan has ever been anything less than professional, but why is To the Stars and its team so deeply embedded in... well, not actual UFO research but generating media coverage of UFO topics?

For a company that claims to have relatively little money for a project of its scope and size and few resources, it generates a lot of lucrative publicity.

Some wondered whether the remains, dubbed Ata after the Atacama region where they were discovered, could in fact be the remains of a non-human primate. A documentary, called Sirius, even suggested it could be evidence of alien visitations.

Prof Nolan began the scientific investigation of Ata in 2012, when a friend called saying he might have found an "alien".

He explained: "While this started as a story about aliens, and went international - it's really a story of a human tragedy. A woman had a malformed baby, it was preserved in a manner and then "hocked", or sold."

((Source)):
Here is the original news story from 5 years ago when Garry’s research debunked both the claim that the tiny mummy was an alien/human hybrid and that it was a hoax. What do you make of his quote at the end of the story given his close involvement with TTSA now?

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/05/bizarre-6-inch-skeleton-shown-be-human

Nolan's analysis went viral this week; besieged as he has been by the media circus, he doesn't regret having gotten involved in debunking a claim of alien life. "I'm thrilled with the outcome," he says. Once the analyses are complete, he says, he'll submit his findings for peer review. The other claim Nolan debunks is that Ata is an elaborate hoax. The x-rays clearly show these are real bones, complete with arterial shadows, he says. "You just couldn't fake it," he says, adding, with a laugh, "unless you were an alien."

Marzulli apologized for calling me a weasel, and we had a friendly and civil discussion of some of the major issues surrounding the announcement of results of DNA testing and morphological analysis on a series of skulls from Peruvian museums. I also learned from Marzulli that Brien Foerster has been dismissed from the research team for sensationalizing the results and will not be part of future investigations.

Only if you're convinced that human science, in this case DNA analysis and genetics, has by now reached the consummation of what can be learned from DNA, does it seem reasonable to you to accept recent research on anomalous skeletons and skulls as the final word. It seems that you are, indeed, so convinced. I am not.

You will have to forgive my ignorance of the back story and the players involved.

I am as interested as the next person in our origins but there are ways to do things, and respect is important.

In the case of the Ataca Mummy (which isn't strictly a mummy no mummia was used in it's preparation) it turns out that

#1 it is not old, in fact it could be about the same age as me.
#2 The poor child probably was either still born, or died very soon after birth.

Which means that she is no Ancient Alien, or even an Antique one, or for that matter an alien at all.
She was in fact a very ill human child of the 1970s who's remains have been hawked and peddled for profit.

People genuinely interested in skull elongation or forming are not helped by this kind of lying, nor are those interested in our ancient past, in fact every time some B.S like this happens, the wedge between the academic community and the 'amateur enthusiasts' is driven further.
You cannot just decide it is an alien because it looks like one, you have to do the proper analysis FIRST............................

I am yet to learn of any type of apology from the people involved, probably because they are trying to hide behind some nonsense spin of: 'it was for the advancement of genetic science' .... well that maybe true we have learned from the results, haven't we? :rolleyes:
I actually wish it was a fake, then it would not be so offensive.

If people want to help genetic research then donate the money you would have spent on something like a 'Sirius' DVD or 'conference' to a medical charity, or if ancient remains are your thing, then donate to a museum that houses such anomalous skulls.....

below qouted from artice, red text = my emphasis:

The remains were initially discovered in a pouch in the abandoned nitrate mining town of La Noria. From there, they found their way into a private collection in Spain.

Genetic investigation
The new research puts those ideas to rest.

A scientific team analysed the individual's genome - the genetic blueprint for a human, contained in the nucleus of cells.

They had already used this to confirm that the individual was human. Now, the team has presented evidence that Ata was a female newborn with multiple mutations in genes associated with dwarfism, scoliosis and abnormalities in the muscles and skeleton.

"What was striking and caused us to speculate early on that there was something strange about the bones was the apparent maturity of the bones (density and shape)," said Garry Nolan, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the Stanford University School of Medicine in California.

He told BBC News: "There was proportionate maturation of the bones, making the body look more mature despite the fact that the specimen was itself small. This discrepancy drove much of the research. So, we believe that one or more of the mutated genes was responsible for this."

The results revealed four new single nucleotide variants (SNVs) - a type of genetic mutation - in genes that were known to cause bone diseases, like scoliosis or dislocations, as well as two more SNVs in genes involved in producing collagen.

Ata also had 10 pairs of ribs, rather than 12 - a feature that has never been seen in humans before.

"We actually believe the girl was stillborn or died immediately after birth," said Prof Nolan.

"She was so badly malformed as to be unable to feed. In her condition, she would have ended up in the neonatal ICU."

However, access to advanced medical care was probably unavailable in the remote Chilean region where she was found. The skeleton's intact condition suggests it may be no more than 40 years old.

You will have to forgive my ignorance of the back story and the players involved.

I am as interested as the next person in our origins but there are ways to do things, and respect is important.

In the case of the Ataca Mummy (which isn't strictly a mummy no mummia was used in it's preparation) it turns out that

#1 it is not old, in fact it could be about the same age as me.
#2 The poor child probably was either still born, or died very soon after birth.

Which means that she is no Ancient Alien, or even an Antique one, or for that matter an alien at all.
She was in fact a very ill human child of the 1970s who's remains have been hawked and peddled for profit.

People genuinely interested in skull elongation or forming are not helped by this kind of lying, nor are those interested in our ancient past, in fact every time some B.S like this happens, the wedge between the academic community and the 'amateur enthusiasts' is driven further.
You cannot just decide it is an alien because it looks like one, you have to do the proper analysis FIRST............................

I am yet to learn of any type of apology from the people involved, probably because they are trying to hide behind some nonsense spin of: 'it was for the advancement of genetic science' .... well that maybe true we have learned from the results, haven't we? :rolleyes:
I actually wish it was a fake, then it would not be so offensive.

If people want to help genetic research then donate the money you would have spent on something like a 'Sirius' DVD or 'conference' to a medical charity, or if ancient remains are your thing, then donate to a museum that houses such anomalous skulls.....

below qouted from artice, red text = my emphasis:

The remains were initially discovered in a pouch in the abandoned nitrate mining town of La Noria. From there, they found their way into a private collection in Spain.

Genetic investigation
The new research puts those ideas to rest.

A scientific team analysed the individual's genome - the genetic blueprint for a human, contained in the nucleus of cells.

They had already used this to confirm that the individual was human. Now, the team has presented evidence that Ata was a female newborn with multiple mutations in genes associated with dwarfism, scoliosis and abnormalities in the muscles and skeleton.

"What was striking and caused us to speculate early on that there was something strange about the bones was the apparent maturity of the bones (density and shape)," said Garry Nolan, a professor of microbiology and immunology at the Stanford University School of Medicine in California.

He told BBC News: "There was proportionate maturation of the bones, making the body look more mature despite the fact that the specimen was itself small. This discrepancy drove much of the research. So, we believe that one or more of the mutated genes was responsible for this."

The results revealed four new single nucleotide variants (SNVs) - a type of genetic mutation - in genes that were known to cause bone diseases, like scoliosis or dislocations, as well as two more SNVs in genes involved in producing collagen.

Ata also had 10 pairs of ribs, rather than 12 - a feature that has never been seen in humans before.

"We actually believe the girl was stillborn or died immediately after birth," said Prof Nolan.

"She was so badly malformed as to be unable to feed. In her condition, she would have ended up in the neonatal ICU."

However, access to advanced medical care was probably unavailable in the remote Chilean region where she was found. The skeleton's intact condition suggests it may be no more than 40 years old.

Well @Han , please forgive my seeming to hijack your thread. When I saw your new posting here, I immediately assumed that you knew about Garry Nolan’s connection to TTSA and thus the controversy that his debunking the alien belief about the mummy would stir up, especially against the existing Steven Greer UFOlogy cult that believes it is proof of alien visitation.

Your concern about the lack of any human compassion about the simple humanity of this baby/fetus actually raises a topic that ought to be addressed someday — namely that the callous and clinical disrespect for the humanity of the baby/fetus and its mother and family is the same callous and clinical disrespect exhibited by the original male white European explorers and settlers from Columbus on against the indigenous peoples they found living in the New World of N and S America.

Your message reminded me of the (white male European) Conquistadores subjugating the indigenous peoples they find in the New World during the “Age of Discovery” (16-18th C). But during that same time, you have the rise of the Age of Science in Europe and look at Sir Francis Bacon, the Father of our empirical scientific method, speaking of torturing Nature’s secrets out of her like the witches at the witch trials. So there Bacon is a mental/intellectual Conquistador parallel to the actually physical Conquistadores in South America.

So the family of this tiny mummy suffers a “double whammy”, not only disrespected/exploited by their colonial heritage, but also by the new breed of intellectual/scientific “colonizers” represented by all the figures involved, from LA Marzulli to Garry Nolan.

Only if you're convinced that human science, in this case DNA analysis and genetics, has by now reached the consummation of what can be learned from DNA, does it seem reasonable to you to accept recent research on anomalous skeletons and skulls as the final word. It seems that you are, indeed, so convinced. I am not.
Greetings, Lady @Constance! I assume you are addressing Jason Colavito since you quote him, but you also may be addressing me. Either way is fine becau it gives me a chance to bring up the subject of modern logic and rationality with you as it affects our beliefs and disbelief about UFOlogy.

I agree with you: Jason C is NOT convinced. But you are convinced. As for me, I am neither convinced nor not convinced.

Let me illustrate these POV stances by linking to an Aeon article about “many-valued logics” (i.e. beyond the usual binary.)

The logic of Buddhist philosophy goes beyond simple truth | Aeon Essays

Now I’m not a Buddhist, nor do I even play one on the Internet, but the author here illustrates the wisdom of 4 valued logic, derived from ancient Mahayana Buddhism that has great relevance today, namely that a proposition can be [1] totally true, or [2] totally false, or [3] BOTH true AND false, or [4] NEITHER true NOR false.

I’d like to adapt that immediately to what I might call UFO Reality and list the 4 categories in a kind of Truth Values column

[1] UFO Reality is totally true. = {T}
[2] UFO Reality is totally false = {F}
[3] UFO Reality is both true and false = {T,F}
[4] UFO Reality is neither true nor false. = { } (Null Set)

So: [1] applies to you; [2] applies to Jason Colavito, and [4] applies to me.

I’ll stop here to give you a chance to read the article.

@Han , I’ve been corresponding with Garry Nolan on the TTSA FB group about his baby mummy research and I hope you don’t mind me posting that here. There’s more to the backstory and when I present it here, it may give us more insight into what TTSA is doing.

You see, it was back in 2012 when Steven Greer asked Garry Nolan to investigate the DNA for the baby/mummy. And Garry did so, coming out with his results that you linked to in the article from 2013 on the BBC News network. Now Steven was disappointed back then, but Garry’s results still left open the possibility that the baby/mummy could be an alien hybrid.

However, Garry’s results now in 2018 definitively rule out any alien influence because the baby/mummy is seen as fully human. Now you already know that. But what I posted on the TTSA webpage was the Tweet that Steven Greer had made about Garry’s latest results. It is that which I copy for you below:
================

Latest tweet from Steven Greer, dated March 23, 2018

============
Atacama Skeleton:More soon at Siriusdisclosure.com
Bottom line: Stanford U. report junk science, Nolan is part of the TTSA Counter-Intelligence cell.
It is the equivalent of those old guys Doug&Dave claiming to have hoaxed the crop circles and MSM saying Case Closed! Rubbish!

=============

Calling Garry Nolan! Please gird your loins for battle!!!
OF COURSE YOU KNOW: THIS MEANS WAR!!!!

"Of course, you know this means war!" - Groucho & Bugs
The famous line as uttered by the two great screen…
YOUTUBE.COM

Tom Mellett Forgot the link to Steven Greer’s Twittter page:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DrStevenGreerManage

Dr. Steven Greer (@DrStevenGreer) | Twitter
TWITTER.COM

Jonathan Hunt Does anyone else think that Steve Greer seems SUPER jealous of Tom, and To The Stars Academy?

Garry Nolan
<shrug>

Karl Harvey
Aha! <shrug> isn’t a denial
1f609.png

Manage

Garry Nolan
The good thing about science is it's verifiable and repeatable. Facts don't have an agenda.

Tom Mellett

True, Garry, but many scientific facts are inevitably weaponized, so It’s like saying “Guns don’t have an agenda.” Which leads to the NRA motto: “Guns don’t kill people, people kill people.”

I mean, look at what beautiful scientific facts went into and came out of the Manhattan Project! Just read up on Robert Oppenheimer. None of those scientific facts had any agenda but to enhance the pursuit of human knowledge, right? How are yours any different?

Karl Harvey
#ExxonKnew = powerful organizations can cherry pick the science that appears to support their agenda
Manage

Garry Nolan
Tom Mellett My point was simple. The genome information is available for anyone now to analyze. If people want to spend more time thinking this is still an alien or say I am some kind of counter-intelligence operative ( a promotion at last! ) I return to my original response: <shrug>.

Tom Mellett
Garry Nolan I don’t blame you at all for taking the tried and true “Pontius Pilate” approach and staying above the fray, but what I think is a “new wrinkle” about your research in the context of the history of UFOlogy is that you are advising a pro-UFO Disclosure group (TTSA) and simultaneously debunking an alien hypothesis with real science that is now targeted as “junk science.”

Maybe I can say it simpler by calling it the “revenge of the pseudo-scientists“ who now call your real science “junk science.”

(Plus I realize that your shrug is is exactly how a counterintelligence agent would respond: “I can neither confirm nor deny what you allege.”)

More comments from Garry Nolan plus 2 new tweets from Steven Greer.

Garry Nolan
Tom Mellett I didn't debunk anything. Debunk is a word that presupposes an outcome. No one was silly to think there was something strange about the mummy. It was strange. I would not debase anyone's belief system. As to people calling it junk science... be my guest. 13 people on the paper, 3 reviewers-- experts like "he who shall not be named" never will be. He knows where Ata can be found. He's welcome to go test it. Taunting me won't change a thing. My arena is science-- not debating in tweets.

Garry Nolan
Tom Mellett Now-- I don't see an issue at all advising TTSA and simultaneously publishing a paper on Ata. The part of TTSA I advise is about science... when the facts don't support the outcome... you publish the result anyway. Believe me-- if it was an alien, I would have been thrilled. Probably would have been a Nobel Prize in it for me.

==========
The newest tweets from Steven Greer accuse Garry Nolan of scientific malpractice and non-objectivity and he is looking for whistleblowers to come forward to investigate Garry’s report and the media complicit with him.
==========

STEVEN GREER’S LATEST TWEETS. (3/25/18)

Twitter
See:"Assessing the Fidelity of Ancient DNA Sequences Amplified From Nuclear Genes" 2006 Genetics Society of America. This is well-known science for over 12 years ago. To claim sweeping genetic conclusions on Ancient DNA= scientific malpractice- any objective scientist knows this

Twitter
A full investigation into this Stanford University report and the media reporting on this story is needed. Anyone who can help or whistle-blow on this contact us at :
(link: http://SiriusDisclosure.com)
SiriusDisclosure.com asap. Thank you

Well @Han , please forgive my seeming to hijack your thread. When I saw your new posting here, I immediately assumed that you knew about Garry Nolan’s connection to TTSA and thus the controversy that his debunking the alien belief about the mummy would stir up, especially against the existing Steven Greer UFOlogy cult that believes it is proof of alien visitation.

Your concern about the lack of any human compassion about the simple humanity of this baby/fetus actually raises a topic that ought to be addressed someday — namely that the callous and clinical disrespect for the humanity of the baby/fetus and its mother and family is the same callous and clinical disrespect exhibited by the original male white European explorers and settlers from Columbus on against the indigenous peoples they found living in the New World of N and S America.

Your message reminded me of the (white male European) Conquistadores subjugating the indigenous peoples they find in the New World during the “Age of Discovery” (16-18th C). But during that same time, you have the rise of the Age of Science in Europe and look at Sir Francis Bacon, the Father of our empirical scientific method, speaking of torturing Nature’s secrets out of her like the witches at the witch trials. So there Bacon is a mental/intellectual Conquistador parallel to the actually physical Conquistadores in South America.

So the family of this tiny mummy suffers a “double whammy”, not only disrespected/exploited by their colonial heritage, but also by the new breed of intellectual/scientific “colonizers” represented by all the figures involved, from LA Marzulli to Garry Nolan.

No apology needed, it is interesting to hear your take, and the information you provided.

I would just add/comment that cruelty and inhumanity is not race or gender specific, people of any race or gender can be equally bad or good (same sh*t, different hat) :) Imho, fwiw.

Also regarding the 'Mummy': it occurs to me that if the child was of British decent, considering that she appears to be around 40 years old (well actually she died around 40 years ago) would the 'law' not become involved?

Sometimes I struggle to convey my point so I will try to give an example:

Say for example if I was a digger driver working on a building site, and whilst digging a trench I uncovered a skeleton: all works would stop and the police called. They (the police) will then try to ascertain if it is 'recent' burial before calling the archaeologists in.
If the Skeleton was that of the child we are referring to as Ata, then it would surely be a police matter. 40 years ago is around 1978.......

So when Nolan says:

(Nolan) added: "I think it should be returned to the country of origin and buried according to the customs of the local people."

I think it is a bit early for that.......
I would like to understand (well not personally I mean I would like the law to ascertain) the circumstances surrounding the 'discovery' and trade (chain of custody) in these particular human remains. I mean you can't legally sell elephant Ivory that is pre 1947* (here in the UK). Obviously the implication is international in this case (i.e Chile, Spain and the US).

I don't think this has taught us anything other than the lengths and depths people will slither to.....

I think that the excuse that it was all worth it and justified in the name of 'research' is not just a fallacy and evasion, it is an insult, not just to research, but to us all (as humans).

Where is the evidence that this is a legitimate 'medical research cadaver' with proper permissions and provenance..........

*It is still legal to buy and sell antique ivory in the UK, or later ivory items so long as they have the correct COTES certification. Antique ivory is defined as pre-1947, meaning the elephant the ivory came from was killed before 1947 and that any carving or working to the item took place before this date as well.
The UK Ivory Trade – Your Questions Answered

I have been corresponding with Garry Nolan on the TTSA Facebook group page and I copy below our exchange so you can read his reactions to the Greer tweets.
========

GARRY NOLAN TO TOM MELLETT
My point was simple. The genome information is available for anyone now to analyze. If people want to spend more time thinking this is still an alien or say I am some kind of counter-intelligence operative ( a promotion at last! ) I return to my original response: <shrug>. I am

TOM MELLETT TO GARY NOLAN:
I don’t blame you at all for taking the tried and true “Pontius Pilate” approach and staying above the fray, but what I think is a “new wrinkle” about your research in the context of the history of UFOlogy is that you are advising a pro-UFO Disclosure group (TTSA) and simultaneously debunking an alien hypothesis with real science that is now targeted as “junk science.”

Maybe I can say it simpler by calling it the “revenge of the pseudo-scientists“ who now call your real science “junk science.”

(Plus I realize that your shrug is is exactly how a counterintelligence agent would respond: “I can neither confirm nor deny what you allege.”)

GARRY NOLAN TO TOM MELLETT:
I didn't debunk anything. Debunk is a word that presupposes an outcome. No one was silly to think there was something strange about the mummy. It was strange. I would not debase anyone's belief system. As to people calling it junk science... be my guest. 13 people on the paper, 3 reviewers-- experts like "he who shall not be named" never will be. He knows where Ata can be found. He's welcome to go test it. Taunting me won't change a thing. My arena is science-- not debating in tweets.

Now-- I don't see an issue at all advising TTSA and simultaneously publishing a paper on Ata. The part of TTSA I advise is about science... when the facts don't support the outcome... you publish the result anyway. Believe me-- if it was an alien, I would have been thrilled. Probably would have been a Nobel Prize in it for me. And, to the point, people I consider close friends in this business-- both in TTSA and outside-- all work with a focus on science. And I include the concepts of consciousness as science as well. Or at least we are doing our best to make it science.

I don't think there's an answer I could give you that you could not construe as me being a CIA asset of some kind.

TOM MELLETT TO GARRY NOLAN:
Well I know that and you know that, but to all the UFOlogists who practice “guilt by association” you must be a CIA asset because you associate with known CIA assets, OK retired ones, in TTSA.

GARRY NOLAN TO TOM MELLETT
Maybe I am an unknowing stooge. Certainly Jacques [VALLEE] always warns me to be careful about that. But the CIA had nothing to do with the sequencing and this project-- the paper was written LONG before TTSA even was on my radar. The conclusion was essentially the same. And an independent sequencing was done outside my lab, and the results comported with my original finding.

GARRY NOLAN TO ALL:
Well, I don't want to make this personal. If you read the paper, I acknowledge the Sirius team's efforts.

I mean, as if the false flag for alien invasion meme wasn’t hilarious enough, now I am a CIA counter intelligence agent? ROFL. I think I'll put that one on my resume. There’s reasonable doubt, and then there’s purposeful delusion.

The media is somehow also complicit, but Stanford and UCSF just sent out press releases. Whether or not there is press follow up is entirely on the staff of a given newsroom. Even we were surprised at the world-wide response.

Then him asking for whistle-blowers to step forward. The people on the project are independent scientists who participated in generating the data without my intervention. Everyone cross-checked everyone to maintain accuracy. If I for a second tried to suppress or manipulate data the other Professors and students on the team would have called me out in seconds.

I expect a smear soon and further claims of nefariousness where the actual claims (of course) will never be made public-- because that's how people like (he who shall not be named) operate. For me, publishing our data publicly is a challenge to anyone who wants to repeat the analysis and show me to be wrong. That’s how confident I am. Others insinuate, I prove. Which is why it took us four years to do the analysis.

As I have said—this is the story of a human tragedy. We have shown conclusively a young baby girl died. A baby with serious congenital malformations with genetic mutations that are in alignment. If others want to exploit this for personal gain by continuing to claim she’s an alien… I will let others judge those actions.

I am here to help people understand. I am not here to tell anyone anything. Like everyone, we are searching for answers and truth.

Brother @Realm , what do you think of the timing of this announcement that makes Garry Nolan something of a minor media celebrity figure —- nowhere near the cult status of superhero Babba Lue Elizondo, of course — But nonetheless, it does figure in advancing the TTSA media agenda somehow — especially in the context of Garry Nolan’s mission with TTSA, which is to work with former CIA officer and medical doctor Kit Green to find the elusive “gene for paranormality” in those people who have been UAP experiencers and who also have even been injured — both physically and psychologically — by encounters with UAPs?

Well, @Han , I think you will be pleased with this new article about the outrage and pushback from the Chilean govt and scientists against the desecration of the baby/mummy.

Chile and Its Scientists Protest Research on Tiny Mummy

In 2012, the producers of a documentary claiming to have evidence of UFOs got access to Ata’s skeleton.

When Dr. Nolan learned of their efforts, he offered to examine samples sent to him for DNA.

Working with a team of researchers from both Stanford and the University of California, San Francisco, Dr. Nolan reconstructed Ata’s entire genome. Far from being an alien, they concluded, Ata was a Chilean girl who was probably stillborn and suffered from previously unknown bone disorders.

Publication of the study in the journal Genome Research enraged some researchers in Chile, where the looting and sale of artifacts and even mummies have long been a concern.

Like many other countries, Chile now has laws that make such exhumations and smuggling illegal, punishable by fines and prison sentences. But it can be hard to stop treasure hunters from plundering remote sites.

On Sunday, Cristina Dorado, a biologist at the University of Antofagasta, called the study an “outrage” in a commentary on Etilmercurio, an online science publication in Chile. “If samples are obtained unethically, any resulting science is not ethical,” she wrote.

Chilean scientific societies officially condemned the study as well. “Could you imagine the same study carried out using the corpse of someone’s miscarried baby in Europe or America?” the Chilean Society of Biological Anthropology asked in a statement released on Wednesday.

Jason Colavito has an interesting take on the Ata mummy issue. Gave me quite a startling thought. UFOlogy doesn’t fall far from the Tree of Nazism now, does it? (Just sayin’)

Josiah Priest vs. Constantine Rafinesque: An Early Fringe History vs. Science Feud

Last week, Garry Nolan, the team geneticist for Tom DeLonge’s To the Stars Academy of Science, published results of a DNA test conducted on the so-called “Atacama Humanoid,” a mummified twentieth century stillbirth from the Atacama region of Chile.

Ufologists like Steven Greer had promoted the tiny corpse as a potential extraterrestrial for the past fifteen years, but the new study found that the body was fully human, though suffering from genetic diseases. Now the New York Times reports that the Chilean government has condemned Nolan’s study as unethical and is investigating whether the body was illegally exhumed and exported in violation of grave robbing and heritage laws.

Nolan denied knowing that the body had been stolen, though it’s sort of hard to imagine how else a human corpse of recent vintage ends up on the UFO sideshow circuit. Few people will their bodies—much less their kids’ bodies—to ufology. That said, the Chilean government only started to care about the corpse when it was proved human; for the fifteen years UFO believer declared it alien, the government took no action.

The lesson is pretty clear: Pretend bodies belong to space aliens, and you can do what you want with them. There might just be a market for black market “alien” kidneys, too…

The researchers themselves concluded that Ata, whom Dorado calls “the girl from La Noria,” was likely born just 40 years ago, meaning her parents could still be alive. Once Nolan published his findings in 2013, Ata was no longer an “it” but a “she,” and as such, the tiny mummy should have received all the protections given to the remains of any other human.

“Once we understood that it was human, the next step was to understand how something could come to look like this,” Nolan told National Geographic.

Hypocritical much? Unethical assured.

The researchers themselves concluded that Ata, whom Dorado calls “the girl from La Noria,” was likely born just 40 years ago, meaning her parents could still be alive. Once Nolan published his findings in 2013,

Hello please could you tell me: does this imply that they knew in 2013 that she would have been born around 40 years ago?

I haven't followed this story from the beginning and the first mention (I read) of a 40 year date was in the BBC Article I initially posted.

Thank you

Back