• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Opinion: Skeleton man in doorway

Oakenwulf

Paranormal Maven
Just want to see what others know about skeleton men, I know shadow people, wraiths, etc, this is new to me, if you look in the doorway you'll see a grinning face ( fleshy face) and a skeleton body peeking within my client's dark room, anyone got info on these entities? I'm thinking a ancestral spirit or guardian, its not malicious at all as of yet

there is no editing (other than me pointing out the entity) and it was taken on a iPhone 5, my client seen the same thing in apparition form and excited her to capture it on camera.

Attachments

• V__5A1F -assessed.jpg
    V__5A1F -assessed.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 35
Do you mind sharing what you mean by 'your client'? What business are you in? I ask cos I want a sense of your relationship and where this took place. I certainly see the face in this picture though I confess 'skeleton men' is a totally new concept to me.

So this lady saw this apparition herself and then took the picture? (I might add that myself and one other once saw something I'd call an apparition. Not 100% sure it was one as opposed to a person but it disappeared in a way a person wouldn't so I kinda go with it being an paranormal event. So I am certainly open to this being real.)

Do you know of anything similar before?

Do you mind sharing what you mean by 'your client'? What business are you in? I ask cos I want a sense of your relationship and where this took place. I certainly see the face in this picture though I confess 'skeleton men' is a totally new concept to me.

So this lady saw this apparition herself and then took the picture? (I might add that myself and one other once saw something I'd call an apparition. Not 100% sure it was one as opposed to a person but it disappeared in a way a person wouldn't so I kinda go with it being an paranormal event. So I am certainly open to this being real.)

Do you know of anything similar before?
I'm part of my own paranormal research society out of CT, I get asked here and there to investigate houses and such forth, i have a website i couldn't list oddly, i investigate houses and help other people with spirit neighbors, ( also investigate crypto and occult incidents), My client ( i dont name names) here asked me to look into this and when i saw the pic, my ears perked up, and im looking to do some investigation into this this week, if your interested ill update my findings, when she took this pic she was just taking random multiple shots and managed to pick this up by chance, she wasnt even looking for it until she zoomed in afterwords.. and yes this hmm we will call Mr.Bones been around before a incident with her child. Its very docile, only makes outsiders and anyone not of her family uncomfortable only not terrorized. This is new to me, you usually don't see skeleton man apparitions yep..

I don't see anything, honestly.

Things 'psychic' can often be along these lines: they are there (and harmless) but we are generally oblivious because not attuned. Becoming aware of such is with an 'inner sense' - I am not aware of any such being recorded using physical instruments, except in the wishes and hopes of the recorders. But there's always a first time. And it's Halloween!

Simon's Cat - Scary Legs
LINK: Simon's Cat - Scary Legs!

I don't see anything, honestly.

Things 'psychic' can often be along these lines: they are there (and harmless) but we are generally oblivious because not attuned. Becoming aware of such is with an 'inner sense' - I am not aware of any such being recorded using physical instruments, except in the wishes and hopes of the recorders. But there's always a first time. And it's Halloween!

Simon's Cat - Scary Legs
LINK: Simon's Cat - Scary Legs!

I didn't see it at first but it is absolutely there and the head is actually pretty clear once you see it. It's definitely not one of those times when humans see faces in patterns, it's there for sure. It's more of a face than a skull.

To try and help you see it, look at the very centre of the top yellow outlined circle. Now just a little to the right and down a bit is the left eye of the face. Once you see that you can then see the nose and teeth. It is faint but there. If you still can't see it let me know and I could draw over it in paint and post it alongside to show it. Took me a minute.

Ive outlined it a bit in general, its more like a rotting mans face, the teeth are exposed and the nose is piggish looking, if you continue down you can see the skeletal body. its pretty cool.

Goggs, I see reflections of dark and grey as one would see in glass. I'll take you up on the paint and side-by-side.

LATER: I see it - a smiling face is what I see.

Last edited:
I see a face, but if I were left to my own devices, I doubt I would have. In other words, my brain looked for a face and I found one. I think the face is as obvious as any wood grain design is obviously whatever you see it to be.

I'm not saying there isn't anything in the doorway. I'm saying this isn't very sound evidence that there is something in a doorway.

I do like the idea of fleshy face skeletal beings, though. If you get any better pictures, or do some sketches of what you believe is pictured, I'd be interested in hearing/seeing more information.

It's important to say what is and what is not possible in such situations.

Most are hampered by one of two conditions. Either one is a materialist and such claims become therefore inexplicable - and a mystery that science needs to explore. [Though more is identified with a sophisticated understanding of human psychology than nut'n'bolts science.] Or one is biased in favor of such so sees what is claimed as evidence for what is claimed.

If one does in fact have entre to the 'psychic' (for lack of a better word at the moment) in a knowledgeable way and recognizes what can and cannot be physically recorded, or what would be there to be recorded in the first place if it could be recorded - this looks bogus.

There is an enormous amount of belief out there regarding what exists in the 'psychic' realm - fomented by seriously erroneous films of the scary variety. Things reported by genuine 'seers' get taken literally and then repeated and before you know it the equivalent of an 'urban legend' is generated.

My first impression of this is the fear, anxiety or grotesque factor being appealed to - a red flag. This is being described in very physically-relevant ways - another red flag.

In a particular state one can manifest phenomena, but it is a purely subjective creation. Someone else can perceive the creation but would have to be using a 'psychic' sense for that - but there is nothing yet, no current physical instrument yet capable, of recording a 'psychic' event. Can we record an hallucination?

Happy Halloween!

Last edited:
I mean, like I said, wood grain.

I am a folklorist by hobby, and I just like the idea of fleshfaced, skeletal creatures. The thing I see in the globular pixel distortions is a kind mermanian creature with reptilian bone structure and some kind of ornamental forehead or headdress. Understand that I don't believe in psychic anything, nor do i think anything is in the doorway. I just like the idea of the creature and I'd like to hear more.

Everyone who looks at the pixel mesh is going to see something vaguely similar, but largely different. It's just kind of fun to share.

I mean, like I said, wood grain.

I am a folklorist by hobby, and I just like the idea of fleshfaced, skeletal creatures. The thing I see in the globular pixel distortions is a kind mermanian creature with reptilian bone structure and some kind of ornamental forehead or headdress. Understand that I don't believe in psychic anything, nor do i think anything is in the doorway. I just like the idea of the creature and I'd like to hear more.

Everyone who looks at the pixel mesh is going to see something vaguely similar, but largely different. It's just kind of fun to share.

Yep.

Last edited:
To be honest what I "see" is something along the lines of everything that has been suggested, probably because it was pointed out (and circled) if it hadn't I never would have made out anything, Maybe because this is a fairly low res shot from a camera phone and posted on a web site. If I had been there maybe it would have jumped out at me more (hopefully not literally) :rolleyes:

But let's face it whenever any of us look into a darkened passageway we are not going to see something friendly we will see something dark and sinister

I like the prophet's point, I wonder if this picture had been shown to various people and various cultures without being suggested up front what their answers would be. I'll bet you would get a varied response.

And welcome back prophetofOCCAM

Last edited:
I can make up a face just about anywhere in the photo. When messing around with this image in photoshop I can not produce anything resembling a stick man and it suggests to me that there is nothing there at all.

Ok, I have drawn on (badly, I don't claim to be an artist) what I see as the face hopefully so others having trouble can see at least what I think is there:

skeleton_man_edit.jpg

I'm seeing a smiling face at an angle, almost taken in profile. For me, it looks almost like a woman's face, with a hint of a goatee.

As we're not seeing the same thing, I'm thinking this is one of those times that our brains are tricking us into seeing something. Remember, we're supposed to see faces. It's called Pareidolia and it may be a survival instinct. It's been theorized that the ability to see faces - especially human faces - may allow us to better recognize friend from foe or predator versus prey. Someone who sees an unknown face in the bushes may be less likely to venture away from camp, thus lowering his risk of being taken or killed by an enemy. That we see faces in random circles and patterns indicates a cognitive need to see a "face" even when the pattern looks nothing like a face. The face on a stick figure or a smiley is easily recognizable to us, even though these are hardly actual renditions of faces. I can clearly see a human face on the moon, whereas others clearly see a rabbit. This has more to do with our need to make things recognizable to us than what is actually there.

I looked at this picture in detail. I wish you didn't edit it first. By doing so you implied a lot. For example, the anatomical implication of a pelvis. There is no structure whatsoever in this picture that looks like a pelvis.

Yes, there is a suggestion of a face. But my interpretation of it and others who have commented on its appearance is highly divergent.

Do you have an unedited version?

Back