• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

On the Show — Maxim W. Furek

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Maxim Furek 2.pngMaxim W. Furek is an academic and avid student of the paranormal. His eclectic background includes aspects of psychology, addictions, and rock journalism. He has a master’s degree in Communications from Bloomsburg University and a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Aquinas College.

He has written numerous rock biographies, as well as paranormal-themes books, such as Coal Region Hoodoo: Paranormal Tales from Inside the Pit and Flying Saucer Esoteric.

His book, Sheppton: The Myth, Miracle, and Music, was featured on Australia’s Mysterious Universe.

He is a contributor to Fate Magazine, Normal Paranormal, and Paranormal Underground, Flying Saucer Esoteric: The Altered States of Ufology, explores the chronology of “flying saucers,” tracing historical accounts of theologians and astronomers who lived in the days Before Christ to the 2023 Congressional hearings and the Mexican alien corpses.

Flying Saucer Esoteric confirms how testimony from contactees, abductees, space explorers, and hoaxers flowed into our collective consciousness, creating the amazing realm of Ufology.

A major focus of this episode is the fascinating myth of the alleged Philadelphia Experiment, which allegedly occurred during World War II.

Cohost this week: Tim Swartz.

Recording Date (including After The Paracast):
Thursday, December 14 at at 3:00 PM Mountain (500 PM Eastern)

Post your questions or comments for discussion below:

To Download After The Paracast: Please Subscribe to The Paracast Plus

www.theparacast.plus

Choose Your Membership Upgrade

Broadcast and Streaming Date:
December 17, 2023

There was a fictional novel entitled "Thin Air" written by George E. Simpson and Neal R. Burger and published in 1977. The plot of the story has similarities to the myth of the Philadelphia Experiment.

I'm a very rare bird in the forums, but I have to make a comment about "disclosure", which was mentioned in this and so many other episodes on The Paracast. It's a never-ending topic.

As an international broadcast journalist, I reported extensively on world affairs which included reports from the UN and UN Specialized Agencies in Geneva where I was accredited. I also worked for the UN in the field. The discussions about disclosure that I've heard almost always are centered around the United States, as if the US were the only country to decide if and when to go public on the issue of UFOs/UAPs. In reality, the US is part of an international network of governments and allies, most of which would certainly be consulted before any such earthshaking announcement were to be made. In today's world, governments don't act on their own; everything is coordinated after extensive consultation, even if not all the parties agree. But in the case at hand, if any disclosure were to occur, it would be done in a coordinated way and probably within the framework of the United Nations. But with all the other problems in the world right now, I doubt the international community would be interested in adding more coals to the fires of fear and uncertainty. There is no urgency for disclosure (assuming there is really something to disclose), except within the UFO community, which to be brutally frank, doesn't carry a lot of weight in government and military circles. I think if governments do know something, they'll be more inclined to let that particular sleeping dog lie - at least for now.

As for MJ-12, I had correspondence with Jim Moseley about this years ago, which he published in Saucer Smear. I told Jim that I suspected the authenticity of the documents for one main reason: the dating formats were inconsistent from document to document, and did not follow the dating format that had been accepted to conform with international and NATO standards that were adopted at the time. At least this is my understanding. I once researched this, but can't find those references right now. Sorry

Last edited:
Back