• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 9, 2016 — Jeffrey Mishlove Ph.D.

Dr. Jeffrey Mishlove is the first — and only — person to receive a doctorate in parapsychology from a major universe.

This episode also inspired our discussions in this week's episode of the After The Paracast podcast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+:

https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

I think we live in a minor universe so I'm looking forward to hearing someone who received a doctorate from a major universe!

A good show and excellent guest, but some counterpoint to consider:

After Mishlove described his dream experience, Chris asked him how such precognitive dreams are possible and I couldn't help but think, well: Mishlove was already into dream analysis and believed they could be precognitive. He was certain he would have one that showed him something that would happen in the future. Then when he had a dream ( which isn't all that unusual ) about a place he was already familiar with ( which doesn't make it much of a revelation ), he decided to "act out his dream", so it's no small wonder that it came true. Then believing it must hold the key to his future, he continued to follow the cues that he felt applied to him. It was an interesting story, but IMO there's nothing particularly mystical about it.
I appreciate my questions being asked. The answers were IMO quite reasonable and dependent on how the terms are interpreted, but I would suggest that with respect to AIs having a worldview in the absence of consciousness, if consciousness is the experience of "what it's like" to be you, then your "point of view" about you, pretty much describes "what it's like" to be you. Therefore it would seem that consciousness would be a prerequisite for an individual worldview. Otherwise any response is just computational, and consciousness doesn't appear to be a computational phenomenon.

What I liked about the show is that although a lot of the claims and assumptions are rather dubious, Mishlove's overall attitude was congenial and his attempt to make a difference by approaching the paranormal from an academic perspective is very commendable. We certainly need more of that and I hope that his efforts and legacy are not in vain :) !

Last edited:
Dr. Mishlove didn't give much love to visionary vegetables as a way of achieving higher consciousness (in the (form of enhanced psychic capacities) but if quieting the mind is considered a bona-fide way to achieve enhanced psychic capacities (this sounds fairly solid to me) would it be wrong or naive to suggest that maybe at least in some cases visionary vegetables are capable of quieting the mind as opposed to being simply hallucinogenic, and if drugs are simply hallucinogenic and alter brain chemistry is it wrong to think that audio visual stimulation (binaural beats?) hypnosis or meditation aren't ways of affecting brain chemistry i.e. hallucinating without chemical stimulus

The precognitive dream discussion was interesting, in as much as I'd like to think there is something to it while I would argue against predicting a future event because it hasn't happened yet is valid (unless you want to argue we are computer programs living a predetermined existence in a holographic universe :eek: I also question the capacity to be able to just happen to pick out the right possibility or event out an near infinite number of possibilities. The odds of achieving this would be mind-boggling, unless maybe it's a law of numbers thing. If every person on earth that has ever lived or ever will live has the ability to remember their dreams it seems certain there would be a number of reports of precognitive dreams . I think it would maybe narrow the odds. Other than that if there is anything mystical involved I'd be open to other ideas. If you can't predict the future it doesn't seem likely you could go back into the past if the two coexist in the now with the present or maybe both should be equally doable I don't think one concept would be available at the expense of the other.

I can appreciate Dr. Mishlove's scientific method to validate a subject most scientists may ignore but I wouldn't toss out hundreds of years of "folklore" reported by shamans either at least as far as drugs.

Just had to get all that out i'm not even finished with the show I'm only about 20 minutes in.

P.S. To Gene next time I wouldn't use a fictious example to illustrate an temporal paradox , pick a real life event. ;)

Last edited:
An unproven example is no better than fiction.
@Wade is just yanking your chain ... lol. Mishlove suggested that temporal paradoxes are solvable by the Many Worlds Interpretation, but that's more complex than required. All that is required is the ability for timelines to branch ( temporal branching ). But then, in the strictest sense, history isn't really being changed. It remains the same for the original branch, and everything in the new branch is essentially a copy. This situation can only be possible if all past events are backed-up in the God Cloud ( or whatever you want to call it ). I like that ( The God Cloud ). It's catchy. I think I use that for the title of my next book ... lol.

Last edited:
I have yet to listen to it and have a few episodes to catch up on, but I am curious what is it about Ardy that you had a problem with ?

@Wade is just yanking your chain ... lol. Mishlove suggested that temporal paradoxes are solvable by the Many Worlds Interpretation, but that's more complex than required. All that is required is the ability for timelines to branch ( temporal branching ). But then, in the strictest sense, history isn't really being changed. It remains the same for the original branch, and everything in the new branch is essentially a copy. This situation can only be possible if all past events are backed-up in the God Cloud ( or whatever you want to call it ). I like that ( The God Cloud ). It's catchy. I think I use that for the title of my next book ... lol.
Isn't one of the versions of the many worlds hypothesis that the universe branches every time superposition collapses?

Whether that's deciding which socks to wear or if a given element decays?

Isn't one of the versions of the many worlds hypothesis that the universe branches every time superposition collapses? Whether that's deciding which socks to wear or if a given element decays?
I'm not so sure whether decisions about socks apply, but maybe parallel universes explains where some of them go ... lol. What you're referring to is a version of the Many World Interpretation known as the Many Interacting Worlds Interpretation which helps to resolve problems in QM that involve the collapse of the wave function in particle-wave duality experiments such as the double slit, by assuming that there is an interaction taking place between the particles emitted and others in a parallel world that result in superposition as evidenced by the interference pattern produced in such experiments.

Personally I don't buy into the MWI or the MIWI because they assume too much and that results in paradoxes. For example multiple infinite universes aren't possible because each universe is confined to its own infinite space. A simpler solution, to use an analogy, it seems, would be a perfect mirror. Amazingly, these now actually exist ( see link ), but what I mean is a parallel universe that acts as a perfect mirror of this one. Anyway, in the strictest sense, that's still a different concept than the idea of time travel, but the two tend to get "superimposed" sometimes ;).

The even simpler solution is ( once again ) the idea that we're living in a vastly complex generated construct, and the results of experiments like the double slit etc. are the due to the way the system does its processing. So no mirror universe or multiverse is required to explain the anomalies.

Last edited:
Just listened to the show and I really enjoyed it. I'm going to have a look at some of these many interviews Jeffrey has uploaded. I think it is great that he wishes to leave a legacy that isn't about self-aggrandisement but a real solid effort to keep wisdom from many different people and have that wisdom forever accessible to all for free. Bravo Jeffrey!

Does anyone know or have information about the ufo picture/video that Dr. Mishlove was referring to that The PK man called him about. He said that it was on the front page of the newspaper and there was a video of it as well as pictures?

Best show in a while for me and a subject right up my street. I liked Dr J's level-headedness, his solid academic approach to the field, his lack of ego, and the depth and broadness of his knowledge and experience. I need to check out more of his stuff. Many thanks Chris for asking my question. Excellent guest.

Last edited:
Does anyone know or have information about the ufo picture/video that Dr. Mishlove was referring to that The PK man called him about. He said that it was on the front page of the newspaper and there was a video of it as well as pictures?
This might be of some interest: Stella Lansing: Photographs From Beyond | Ghost Theory

And this one might be of some interest to you and @Christopher O'Brien: Berthold Eric Schwarz, M.D.

The Skeptical Viewpoint: thoughtography - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

Last edited:
I understand what he is discussing, and as others have not had his experience, then who do you really propose you represent personally?

First of all is to remember, that your parents just like my parents had sex, the only reason that you live, so how are you different from me? Simply your genetics are.

Therefore if 1 human has an experience that you personally cannot have, as experience is diverse then what is to quibble about the experience.

Our review of our own persons state the realization that if we did not have each other, then we would not be informed about various information, for you cannot personally experience it all....yet so many of you believe you are the "know it all".

You might not believe what I know, but who cares...for my experience is not your experience.

Our origin parents were previously light androgynous beings. They manifested. Now none of you can quibble about manifestation for most of humanity have witnessed it in some form.

If we review information and state, that the created cell body of the Universe came from the same place that we did as organic beings, then you have to question the reason why this information was valued.

So if burnt light can manifest a spirit presence by an unnatural cause....a human being holding a fixed state constant, to cause the manifestation....then it would be obvious that the light came from the same place where a fixed being already exists.....to allow for the manifestation itself.

So we see the huge amount of spirit unnatural manifestations. We review Nature, the organic presence and see how much of it is diverse. We state to our own persons that we came out of androgynous light into manifestation and we also stated that the preceding animal spirit was once our own. Therefore we know that we are created in the image of a higher presence...an androgynous light spirit that changed its own conditions to form the various causation.

We know that the future does not exist until we live it, yet there is an instantaneous situation that keeps us informed, allows us to be informed about information that has not yet existed or been lived...and psychics state that they are made aware of future events before they have occurred.

We look at the population on Earth, I was advised in 2 conditions about the manifestation of the androgynous parents...light spirits who exist in light as huge beings, who then separated into the origin manifestation of our parents. Therefore 2 light presences interact daily with our lives...we constantly cause a spiritual attack upon our own lives by manifesting evil spiritual states and we have by a huge population expressed witnessing or interacting with higher light beings who saved us from the attack, healed us in miraculous events, humans who had miracles without asking/praying and then you still want to argue about spirit?

If those 2 beings have to interact with our manifested life to save us, then they would create the condition for our life to manifest a vision ahead of itself involving to total of humanity living....as it would be trying to save the life of humanity. Some of us die, some of us mutate, some of us survive the unnatural attack of the UFO condition, some of us have unasked for miracles of healing and some of us who asked get miracles.

We have always said that a Creator light being existed who warns us, who gives advice, therefore this condition would be why psychics who have had the future experience of vision would be correct about the gain of the vision. Only a real light interaction could cause such an experience to be manifested, when life is lived daily as a choice, a reactive change due to occult conversions and the cause and effects to life because of the phenomena.

Terrific guest guys. I second the recommendation to check out Dr Mishloves YouTube Chanel. Full of interesting, learned and well credentialed thinkers across a broad spectrum of the paranormal. And Mishlove demonstrates his expertise in his questioning style. Watch them all then come back to thinking about UFOs - you might just see them in a different light.

Back