• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 4, 2015 — Stan Gordon

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
When it comes to researching the strange and the unknown, Stan Gordon is one of the best field investigators out there. On this episode, Stan, as usual, focuses on incredible paranormal events in Pennsylvania through the years. His reports put the lie to claims that these things don't happen very much anymore.

The fact is that they do.

Please discuss the episode here.

And, by the way, we had a surprise guest on After The Paracast this week, none other than Micah Hanks.

If you're not a subscriber to Paracast+, our premium package, please go here:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

I really enjoyed the show, and was delighted to hear Mr Gordon's thoughts on Bigfoot, I found myself agreeing most when he talked about Bigfoot not being a flesh and blood primate animal.

My opinion is that there is no evidence to support the claim that Bigfoot is an animal in the traditional sense, however there is a huge amount of evidence to show that many, many people have seen something out of the ordinary. From some of the descriptions Mr Gordon provided, some of Bigfoot "behaviour" would be more consistent with a "spirit" type of entity.

There is a philosophical question about a tree falling down and no one being there to see it, and I think that in the case of Bigfoot a witness is required, maybe we are the "power source"?

If we are responsible for manifesting Bigfoot/Crypto type "animals" I do not believe that it is a voluntary process, that is to say that I don't think people choose to see a Bigfoot, but they (the person/s who see Bigfoot) are a prerequisite, as they are the only consistent thing between every single case.
For example that is why Bigfoot cannot be caught by camera trap.

I think that Bigfoot is just as worthy of study as Flying saucers, and think that the two are one and the same phenomenon.

Maybe what you see depends on who, when and where you are?

I think that studying why we see Bigfoot, is just as important, if not more so than: studying what Bigfoot is.

Thank you for asking my question to Mr Gordon.

I liked Stan. But I would have preferred to hear more about creatures and less about Kecksburg.

Speaking of Kecksburg C2C did a special about it the other day: C2C Exclusive: Kecksburg UFO Incident Solved? - Shows - Coast to Coast AM
Oh-oh..I'm remote viewing the show..
George Noory: "Could it be Aliens? I think it was AY-liens. Do you think that if they called out to Jesus, the aliens would have run away? I do."

How can anyone take that guy seriously? I sometimes tune in just to hear the Yogi Berra-isms fly.
"Do you think they're being edged on by the.." (It's egged:confused:)
"A young man was beaten by a shark--bitten by a shark.." (Even Georgch caught that one)

Oh-oh..I'm remote viewing the show..
George Noory: "Could it be Aliens? I think it was AY-liens. Do you think that if they called out to Jesus, the aliens would have run away? I do."

How can anyone take that guy seriously? I sometimes tune in just to hear the Yogi Berra-isms fly.
"Do you think they're being edged on by the.." (It's egged:confused:)
"A young man was beaten by a shark--bitten by a shark.." (Even Georgch caught that one)
I can only cope with C to C when George Knapp hosts.

I liked Stan. But I would have preferred to hear more about creatures and less about Kecksburg.

Well, although there are certain weird things about Kecksburg. I still think it was possibly a Corona/Discover capsule because they were acorn shaped, some of them. And other things, size and descriptions remind me of one of those types of capsules.

Gene and Chris: were talking about discovering life off our planet. That's a good question. Has it happened yet? I don't know? Are UFOs from other planets? I don't know? Im definitely open to the possibility of all that but, it might not have yet but, eventually it may happen and it could happen within our lifetime. It could be something as simple as microscopic life that evolved on Mars or someplace like Europa. Or in the form of some kind of radiocommunication or some other type of electromagnetic or light communication. Or even something like discovering a piece of a spacecraft floating through space for a million years orbiting the moon or even the Earth that, clearly isn't of earth origin. Earth Humans have spacecraft that are headed out to the stars and we will have more in the future, probably a lot more and traveling at even greater speed than something like Voyager.
So, what if that's true? Why wouldn't they want to tell us? I don't think it has that much to do with scaring people anymore. I think a bigger reason for why they would be reluctant for us to know that life did indeed come to be off of our planet has more to do with religion. I think a lot of government types see religion is something that glues society together and keeps us all in line (sort of)
Christianity, especially evangelical Christianity, has a big problem with life on other planets, they simply don't except the possibility. If we were to find some form of involved life that would destroy people's concept of creation. I think such a discovery would turn our culture so on it's ear I think that's what "They" fear.
Personally I can't wait for such a thing to happen! Our society needs to grow up and mature and except the reality that WE are just a bunch of animals running around on a blue marble in the corner of some galaxy and not the center of the Universe.

Who was clipping their fingernails for a couple of minutes about 70 minutes into the program while Stan was pontificating about Kecksburg?

I really enjoyed the show, and was delighted to hear Mr Gordon's thoughts on Bigfoot, I found myself agreeing most when he talked about Bigfoot not being a flesh and blood primate animal.

My opinion is that there is no evidence to support the claim that Bigfoot is an animal in the traditional sense, however there is a huge amount of evidence to show that many, many people have seen something out of the ordinary. From some of the descriptions Mr Gordon provided, some of Bigfoot "behaviour" would be more consistent with a "spirit" type of entity.

There is a philosophical question about a tree falling down and no one being there to see it, and I think that in the case of Bigfoot a witness is required, maybe we are the "power source"?

If we are responsible for manifesting Bigfoot/Crypto type "animals" I do not believe that it is a voluntary process, that is to say that I don't think people choose to see a Bigfoot, but they (the person/s who see Bigfoot) are a prerequisite, as they are the only consistent thing between every single case.
For example that is why Bigfoot cannot be caught by camera trap.

I think that Bigfoot is just as worthy of study as Flying saucers, and think that the two are one and the same phenomenon.

Maybe what you see depends on who, when and where you are?

I think that studying why we see Bigfoot, is just as important, if not more so than: studying what Bigfoot is.

Thank you for asking my question to Mr Gordon.
The comparisons between UFO's & Bigfoot for their similar paranormal features have been made before and there have been some very strong comparative dialogues initiated by Jeff Davis and probably you as well here on the forum. In this post you highlighted a number of things that were rolling through my mind as I was listening to Stan Gordon identify some of his prerequisites for sightings. However, I felt the emphasis and connections might not be about tying hydro pylons and other electromagnetic sources to the paranormal object, when perhaps it is more about how these kinds of electrically charged environments may affect the human witness. Perhaps the issues of the prerequisite lie more specifically with a witness instead of the paranormal object?

You said, "Maybe what you see depends on who, when and where you are?" I think this has everything to do with how many a paranormal & UFO experience unfolds. These are circumstantial events and the circumstances seem to elude us. There are however some patterns we notice and effects that follow a strong experience. On some occasions the effects on the witness can be profound and life-altering. Which circumstances cause these effects? Which variables cause these shifts in character - are these about the person, the nature of the contact, proximity to the object, the nature of the electromagnetic field encountered or how adrenalin and brain chemistry conspire together to alter mental patterns, creating even more disruptive patterns in the mind of the witness?

Perhaps Bigfoot encounters have more in common with cryptid and humanoid encounters for the sheer sudden shock value to the human system, whereas the UFO, which can also be sudden, also has more prolonged opportunities for thinking about what is being witnessed. How do these shifts in duration of experience affect the nature of what is being seen? If my head is a camera just what is the nature of the film & how is it getting processed?
02-Inline-Again.jpg

You brought up the Buddhist koan which was also asked on the forum before. We are necessary components of the experience. We complete the event for without us there is no strange story to tell. We are dependent on each other. We may even be the centre of the action. You said we may be the energy source. I wonder if we may even be the projector.

Last edited:
I have wrestled with the possibility that witnessing a cryptid type of creature is purely internally generated by the witness, but I am left with the multiple witness accounts (as in more than one eyewitness at the same time).

My understanding is that the indigenous peoples have always maintained that Bigfoot is a "magic" creature.

I feel that information has been cherry picked or deliberately omitted in the hope of bolstering the "Bigfoot is a primate theory" including eyewitness testimony.

I could bore you to sleep by stating all the reasons Bigfoot cannot be a conventional animal, but as for saying what it actually is, I am at a loss.

But I think "it" is something not just a figment of peoples imaginations.

My best attempt to describe it would be that "emotion" can manifest itself (take on a "form/shape") to an extraordinary degree in the correct circumstances, but what these circumstances are, and the reasons they are triggered are as complex and varied as the experiences themselves. I think this all happens on a subconscious level but has a real effect on the conscious and the experience is real.
You don't have to look for very long for an example of "emotion" having very real effects on life.

Whilst I believe we Humans are the most advanced life form, I think we are a long way from understanding some very basic things about ourselves and how we operate, that said: we have made huge advancements in this area, and to my mind the evidence points to us being exceptionally emotional creatures, it is one of our greatest assets and one of our biggest vulnerabilities at the same time.

If the "God helmet"* is anything to go by, who knows what could be possible using the raw power of mother nature? (as in: huge unbridled electromagnetic or other naturally occurring forces) Maybe all you have to do is be in the right place (or the wrong place) at the right time and you are caught up in the gears of nature. Maybe people are hit by a wave of "energy" but not a "deliberately targeted one" that causes an extraordinary experience? this would go some way to explaining why such events can happen at any time in any place, be it in bed, in the woods or in the city center, driving your car, flying your plane, sailing your ship etc etc.

All this talk of "energy" seems a bit "woo woo" so to clarify I am not suggesting a new type of "magic" energy, just a combination of conventional "conditions" that result in an extraordinary experience.

*God helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This was a really interesting show packed full of great stories. It'll get a second listen at some point.

On a related note over at Binnall of America this week, Tim interviews Adam Davies and John Carlson on what sounds like a spectacular and incredibly weird experience they had while on a Bigfoot hunt in Oregon. Audio here.

It's genuinely worth listening to.

It's hard to describe what they saw as a Bigfoot encounter but it again seems to suggest that Bigfoot is often found in the same geographical area as other anomalous phenomena.

I have wrestled with the possibility that witnessing a cryptid type of creature is purely internally generated by the witness, but I am left with the multiple witness accounts (as in more than one eyewitness at the same time).

My understanding is that the indigenous peoples have always maintained that Bigfoot is a "magic" creature.

I feel that information has been cherry picked or deliberately omitted in the hope of bolstering the "Bigfoot is a primate theory" including eyewitness testimony.

I could bore you to sleep by stating all the reasons Bigfoot cannot be a conventional animal, but as for saying what it actually is, I am at a loss.

But I think "it" is something not just a figment of peoples imaginations.

My best attempt to describe it would be that "emotion" can manifest itself (take on a "form/shape") to an extraordinary degree in the correct circumstances, but what these circumstances are, and the reasons they are triggered are as complex and varied as the experiences themselves. I think this all happens on a subconscious level but has a real effect on the conscious and the experience is real.
You don't have to look for very long for an example of "emotion" having very real effects on life.

Whilst I believe we Humans are the most advanced life form, I think we are a long way from understanding some very basic things about ourselves and how we operate, that said: we have made huge advancements in this area, and to my mind the evidence points to us being exceptionally emotional creatures, it is one of our greatest assets and one of our biggest vulnerabilities at the same time.

If the "God helmet"* is anything to go by, who knows what could be possible using the raw power of mother nature? (as in: huge unbridled electromagnetic or other naturally occurring forces) Maybe all you have to do is be in the right place (or the wrong place) at the right time and you are caught up in the gears of nature. Maybe people are hit by a wave of "energy" but not a "deliberately targeted one" that causes an extraordinary experience? this would go some way to explaining why such events can happen at any time in any place, be it in bed, in the woods or in the city center, driving your car, flying your plane, sailing your ship etc etc.

All this talk of "energy" seems a bit "woo woo" so to clarify I am not suggesting a new type of "magic" energy, just a combination of conventional "conditions" that result in an extraordinary experience.

*God helmet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Again, these are fascinating possibilities that speak directly to the ufo problem. Like Bigfoot, the ufo is temporary, is shy & leaves minimal evidence, but has been seen enough times over history to have become concrete in our minds and entirely worth investigating. There is a kind of magic show the ufo puts on for us.

Can emotion create form? In ufo sightings that are up close, along with humanoid encounters and the total shock of meeting Bigfoot in the woods, intense emotion is the constant. How does emotion work with regards to the other situational variables? Your other suggestion of the tidal wave of energy is an echo of a bug that Greg Bishop put in my ear. Is the ufo some kind of natural occurrence like the weather, he asked.

The conditions of the God Helmet were described recently on Radio Misterioso on an episode called The Missing Fundamental. It is a very fascinating episode that explores the very real musical phenomenon of how a virtual third harmony can manifest itself in our minds when only two tones are playing. This episode also looked at how perception works and how our mind fills in all kinds of gaps all the time. Add to this the strange conditions that are the prerequisites of paranormality, our own social conditioning, personal history and cultural front loading....even what kind of right brained mind you have....perhaps so much is dependent on who the witness is and then suddenly they walk through some rare, elusive high strange weather pattern and, voila: the ufo is in sight, or Bigfoot, or a cryptid or alien humanoid or...

and then consider how some witnesses are irrevocably changed, who get "tuned in" to new frequencies or perhaps become an attractor for that high strange weather system, and they start seeing very unique things all the time. Consider those really strange ufo cases that are then followed by bouts of poltergeist-like activity. Some weather might be sticky and clings to some witnesses a little more than others.

This was a really interesting show packed full of great stories. It'll get a second listen at some point.

On a related note over at Binnall of America this week, Tim interviews Adam Davies and John Carlson on what sounds like a spectacular and incredibly weird experience they had while on a Bigfoot hunt in Oregon. Audio here.

It's hard to describe what they saw as a Bigfoot encounter but it again seems to suggest that Bigfoot is often found in the same geographical area as other anomalous phenomena.
Thanks for bringing this encounter up.Very interesting listening indeed.Not sure what to make of it but very reminiscent of the Skinwalker Ranch.

What did you think of their whole portal tale and why dr. j would go to bed after witnessing such creatures inititally? How could he be so nonchalant about it all, oh just a couple of juvenile Bigfoot, he says, and goes to seep like he sees juvenile Bigfoot every other night?! I'm just over half way in so I'll reserve judgment, but it's all rather fantasically Skinwalker so far.

What did you think of their whole portal tale and why dr. j would go to bed after witnessing such creatures inititally? How could he be so nonchalant about it all, oh just a couple of juvenile Bigfoot, he says, and goes to seep like he sees juvenile Bigfoot every other night?! I'm just over half way in so I'll reserve judgment, but it's all rather fantasically Skinwalker so far.
My thoughts exactly.Surely Dr J would still be curious to see what the baby Bigfoot did!.Why did none of these experienced investigators film anything.If not the third night due to shock then surely the last night would of found them more prepared.And then "it's demons",dear oh dear.

That reminded me of an interview with some of the Allagash guys. They had just seen a UFO fly over them, there appeared to be strong evidence of missing time and they just all went to bed. When they retold the story they couldn't explain why.

They sounded convincing to me and I think that they had some sort of experience. What exactly that experience was though I wouldn't like to say.

Made for a great podcast episode though...

That reminded me of an interview with some of the Allagash guys. They had just seen a UFO fly over them, there appeared to be strong evidence of missing time and they just all went to bed. When they retold the story they couldn't explain why.

They sounded convincing to me and I think that they had some sort of experience. What exactly that experience was though I wouldn't like to say.

Made for a great podcast episode though...
If it really did happen then perhaps he was unconsciously prompted to go to bed,the full experience being intended exclusively for the remaining 2.Who knows what can happen when the "Cosmic Joker" decides to play with us.

Binnall's voice though. Makes his podcast a difficult listen for me.
Agreed. It always sounds like he has his own mic level cranked up to the edge of distortion. So many seasons later and this has yet to be resolved. I don't understand it. Still, he says all the right things in this episode and it is worth a listen given the eclectic nature of the claims. Why there is not better evidence for these claims is also incomprehensible. Such is the nature of attempts to improve the impossible. Much like Skinwalker all we have is second and third hand chatter.

Back