• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 23, 2016 — Gary Lachman

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Former rock and roller Gary Lachman is well schooled on many aspects of the strange and unknown. In this episode, we discuss his history with famous British philosopher Colin Wilson.

Excellent guest.I can wholeheartedly recommend Colin Wilson's biography about Rudolf Steiner.
Steiner was an amazing figure , but his antroposophy is for many people hard to digest.

Loved this show! From the rock scene in NYC of the 70s and early 80s to abductions to the occult, I enjoyed the wide range of topics discussed. I'll definitely be checking Lachman's and Wilson's books in the near future.

I really enjoyed the show for all the trivia, but sometime around an hour ( P+ version ) the view was expressed that alien visitation is composed of nothing more than myth and psychic projections of subconscious symbolism. It was also suggested that those who don't see it that way don't have the capacity to see things symbolically and are akin to religious fundamentalists. That position is obviously flawed, but there seems to be a certain clique who still think that quoting Jungian psychology and Jacques Vallée is intellectually fashionable. In that regard: Carl Gustav Jung - "I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." ;)

Back