• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Obama, Kimmel and Aliens

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
President Obama appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show and when Kimmel quizzed Obama if he investigated the alien question the President gave this reply: “The aliens won’t let it happen,” Obama joked. “You’d reveal all their secrets. They exercise strict control over us.”

It came off as a joke but you have to wonder if Obama tipped his hand when he made those comments. I have always thought that if extraterrestrials came in contact with Earth governments, we humans would sell our souls to get alien technologies. It probably wouldn't take much for any alien race to get control over any government under those means. Prime Minister Medvedev of Russia has comments on UFOs. When a top official like Medvedev speaks out about aliens you need to take notice.

What are your thoughts? Have Earth governments made contact with alien races and cut deals for technology in exchange for God knows what?

It's more likely than not that President Obama was using the same backhanded humor exemplified throughout his campaigns and presidency. He really is a funny guy and knows how to play to the right crowds, especially the younger demographic watching Kimmel.

One thing we do know about Obama... he is the teleprompter president. He doesn't do well speaking off the cuff. You can bet he expected questions about aliens and had his writers feed him responses to anything Kimmel might ask.

President Obama appeared on the Jimmy Kimmel show and when Kimmel quizzed Obama if he investigated the alien question the President gave this reply: “The aliens won’t let it happen,” Obama joked. “You’d reveal all their secrets. They exercise strict control over us.”

It came off as a joke but you have to wonder if Obama tipped his hand when he made those comments. I have always thought that if extraterrestrials came in contact with Earth governments, we humans would sell our souls to get alien technologies. It probably wouldn't take much for any alien race to get control over any government under those means. Prime Minister Medvedev of Russia has comments on UFOs. When a top official like Medvedev speaks out about aliens you need to take notice.

What are your thoughts? Have Earth governments made contact with alien races and cut deals for technology in exchange for God knows what?

The article I read on Medvedev's alien comments, claims Medvedev thought the camera's were off. Was he just having a laugh at the 5 interviewers in the room? Does a Russian version of the men in black organization exist, with specific info on out of this world visitors? Seems to me politicians are the same the world over. Making comments in such a way that can be played down as "joking" if necessary.

Yeah, but Obama also said in a very serious voice, "I can't reveal that." Which I thought was very, you know, revealing. Watch it:

You know the old saying, how can you tell if a politician is lying... his or her mouth is moving.

If Obama was trying to hide anything here, he's sure doing a great job of fooling me because I'm convinced he's merely joking with Kimmel and is not at all serious about disclosure.

Sure, but I do wonder why the title says "denies knowledge". As far as I have followed this, he's not denying anything, just trying to make fun of it.

Last edited:
He was all joking and making fun of it, but then he changes tune towards the end and says "I can't reveal anything" in a totally serious voice, and closes his eyes. He easily could have said what Clinton said, "We looked, and there's not anything real there." But he said, "I can't reveal anything." Obviously that can be interpreted however, but my take on it is that he knows there's something to reveal, but there would be consequences if he did so. "I can't reveal anything" implies that there's something to reveal.

Back