• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Midnight in the Desert

I'm afraid Art is delusional. He had his comeback chance on Sirius XM. It didn't work. If you don't have some new ideas, stay retired. New bumper music won't cut it.

Hey! I am looking forward to having Ed Dames, Jonathan Reed (Freeze Dried Alien), Richard Hoagland, Gordon-Michael Scallion, Richard Boylan, Albert Taylor, Evelyn Paglini (oh that's right, she has died), Dannion Brinkley, Phillip Krapf (remember the Verdants who were to announce their arrival by 2005 once earth representatives had submitted White Papers?) and other paranormal debutantes from the mid 90's back on the air.

I looked at Art's new MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT website. He actually has a tab for ART'S PARTS! Yes, we are gonna time travel, folks, back to the mid 90's in July.

I hope he can give us updates on Mel's Hole, earth changes with Lori Toye, Satan in an Armani suit (only the best for the End Times) with Kathleen Keating, and crashed UFO analysis with John Lear, Bob Lazar and Dave Adair!

10383003_10203463030440889_2266829825825087399_n.jpg

Last edited:
Mel's hole. What a classic story that was. It actually was really interesting. Totally untrue but really interesting - like a lot of C2C back then. (I wasn't listening to Coast in the 90's but I've listened to many of those older Coast shows on youtube etc. It really was a classic show in bringing so many interesting topics to the table. So much b.s admittedly but great radio.

I suppose Art just doesn't understand why something that worked so well in the past isn't working as well in the present.

Yeah, Mel's Hole was a fun one. I listened to that stuff on a cassette Walkman because it had good AM reception, or at least better than anything else I had. Fifteen to eighteen years ago, most people had never seen the internet, a megapixel camera was a big deal and cost as much as a plane ticket from coast to coast and back and ate batteries like a teenager eating Doritos. The Blues Brothers was still on cable 24-7 somewhere instead of a honey wagon full of "reality" shows about ghosts, Bigfoot, aliens and so on. Art was a pioneer back when a high zoot desktop had a three gigabyte hard drive. Now you can buy a micro SD card for your phone for $35 that has ten times as much space. Art could have a popular show again, but not with the same frauds and flakes his own listeners debunked so long ago. There are plenty of newer ones, but he's either not interested in finding them, or they prefer TV because it pays better.

Art Bell's C2C was classic late night radio seven days a week! A good part of it may have been fantasy but Bell knew how to work it. Great entertainment. I don't understand the negative energy in this forum around him. Let Art be Art. You don't have to listen to him. "Midnight in the Desert" - Yes! Named after the song Crystal Gale wrote for him. Apropos, yes?

Art Bell's C2C was classic late night radio seven days a week! A good part of it may have been fantasy but Bell knew how to work it. Great entertainment. I don't understand the negative energy in this forum around him. Let Art be Art. You don't have to listen to him. "Midnight in the Desert" - Yes! Named after the song Crystal Gale wrote for him. Apropos, yes?
Here's a serious point to consider:

Art Bell is a hundred thousands times better than Noory will ever be. Noory was and is still 2nd string.

Also, Bell would naturally bring back "his oldies" after being off-air for so long, so I don't think we can count him out just yet. Doing a 7 day a week show is insane and really impossible to do it optimally, but I think no one, yes, no one, that I know of, could outdo Bell seven nights a week. I say Bull Shit if anyone thinks they can nominate someone better. But maybe I'm just "full of it" and there's some undiscovered talent "out there" in podcast land. Some really awesome podcasts must exist that would give Art a run for top prize as a next gen talent.

As I posted elsewhere, Bell has got to be in his late seventies or eighties, so he's not going to last very long if he does come back. IF he has lost his sharp interview technique and very sharp mind in terms of entertainment value, then he's going to be knocked-out sooner rather than later. I really think a lot of older Noory fans will jump ship to listen to Art. That is really where the real competition is in this game. Art vs Noory.

Art will be able to knock-out in that kind of match-up, but he is the Mohamed Ali nearing retirement. He can rope-a-dope called Noory though. Lol. Too bad Art left C2C, as he will never get those kinds of ratings again. He's lost all the radio station syndication.

Last edited:
Art Bell is 69. He only looks 80. :)
The guy from NYC that did the radio you listened to Gene... how does he compare with Art? Are any of those shows preserved on tape? Probably some great radio history lurking there... is it all lost to the magnetic drift?

Besides possibly Knapp...

Who would you think might be better than Bell?

Hey, at 69, then Art probably still has a few years left if his health is ok. I think he is still married with children too???

Last edited:
Back