• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Micah Hanks, November 2, 2014

I'm sure I can help Chris fix Skype on his iPhone. It may just require upgrading to iOS 8.1, but we'll see. Skype can sound mighty good on an iPhone with a half-decent mic.

Both guests were well informed, Great show . Though i agree Chris was missed

Went really quick. Good pace, Interesting discussion.

Great talk guys, i've been waiting for a paracast episode where subjects like deja vu and meaningful coincidences were fleshed out a little more. The only times i remember hearing of these were on the shows featuring Andy Colvin and Walter Boseley.

It was illuminating to hear Goggs talk about his deja vu episode, it was remarkably similiar to one i had where my sister and brother in law were taking me sightseeing while i was visiting them and i ended up describing a place before we got there.

When i first started immersing myself in this field i was trying to reason out my own theory on how these things worked...without the benefit of having read some of the more popular books out there...My feeling was because i was having so many coincidences (when i was young i would tell my mother i could predict the future because in my mind if i was thinking of a song or a person and that song or person should manifest itself then i was prediciting the future. I would try to compare notes with others but to no avail. I often found myself wondering why my friends never talked about this and if i breeched the subject it would be met with bored silence. After a while i didn't give it much thought anymore as i felt it was just a natural thing and no more remarkable than the act of breathing.

At any rate for a very brief time i was of the mind that whenever i experienced a coincidence or even deja vu...which nowadays is almost non-existent..i wondered if maybe my timing on my expected life path/cycle was off, that is, maybe i remembered something before it actually happened and experienced an event after it was supposed to happen..as confusing as that sounds

Goggs can ruminate with the best of them.
Lastly, the Beach Boys have nothing on Goggs and Micah and I have a new high point in my life.

Last edited:
Gene: since bringing up Jim Moseley’s relationship with his father, I thought I’d mention that in this past week while on eBay I came across General Van Horn Moseley’s signed address from WW1 & 2.

Written in his own words, when magnified, there are several pages of legible text in the general’s address. For some reason, I’m unable to post the link here.

Many thanks to everyone for attempting to answer the unanswerable, especially Goggs who gave the devilish nuts and bolts question considerable thought.

Ok, this is the Readers Digest version copied from eBay:

"SIGNED ADDRESS
by:
GENERAL VAN HORN MOSELEY
DECEMBER 14, 1938
MIND BLOWING CONTENT!!!!!

NO OTHER MOSELEY AUTOGRAPHS FOUND WORLDWIDE!!!!!!!

A TRUE COLLECTOR'S PIECE!

You are viewing a signed Address of General Van Horn Moseley from December 14th, 1938 to the New York Board of Trade at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York. The topic was "OUR ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC". General Van Horn Moseley was related to Mr. Horn and this item comes from the Charles Horn estate. Please see below for more information pertaining to General Moseley.

The Address consists of 7 pages and includes hand written edits and remarkable content. Contents are very interesting and extensive which includes Chinese monopolizing trade (in 1938... - WOW!), Japan, Russia, and the "massacre of over 3,000,000 Christians", to name a few. If you're interested in this item, I encourage you to read the address - it will blow your mind (see pictures)! WARNING: Be advised the contents of the address may be disturbing and offensive but is an interesting insight to the mindset at the time. You've been warned...

You will never find another like this! This is a very historical item and a wonderful addition to your political or military collection. I cannot find any other signatures or autographs of General Moseley for sale or sold in the past.

I have the distinct pleasure of offering a group of rare and unique signed Presidential speeches and Presidential addresses (see other listings of mine). These items were acquired from the estate of Charles L. Horn and I will be listing more in the upcoming days (including JFK, Hoover, LBJ, Nixon, Truman, and more). On April 27, 1922, Mr. Horn took control of a small plant in Anoka, Minnesota and refounded Federal Cartridge Corporation. He launched an innovative distribution plan that involved merchandising Federal products in grocery stores, barbers shops, and filling stations. The plan helped Federal achieve local and national recognition in an industry entrenched with older and larger ammunitions companies. Due to Mr. Horn's affiliation with firearms and ammunition, he was very well connected with politics and politicians of the day."

Last edited by a moderator:
ROFLMAO Imagine posting a question on the questions thread and no one knows what the hell you're talking about...:confused: :D

@Goggs Mackay : I was referring to the question below, which I asked Micah Hanks when he was on with Scotty Roberts to talk about the Paradigm Symposium where Erich von Däniken was one of the speakers. When I posted this I was quite sure people had heard of this claim by Erich von Däniken before and I had hoped he had talked about it:
What do you think about his claim that for a few weeks, I guess in the 80s, he's lived with an alien energy-like life form which took the form of a younger version of himself?

...but neither Mr Hanks nor Chris had heard about it. Micah thought it might have been a claim that was foisted on EvD, probably by someone who wanted to discredit him.

Which it isn't, he made it himself, writing the novel, and later repeatedly saying that it was based on facts.

And I'm not out to discredit him, either. As I said in the "reviews" thread for that episode, I think he's a good guy:
I've never really thought of him as a liar or fraud. He seems to be genuinely convinced of his theories and his enthusiasm is contagious. As I said, while I don't agree with his conclusions about ancient aliens, I probably wouldn't know much about astounding feats like Nazca or Palenque and about how ancient texts can be read in different ways, if it wasn't for him.

I don't know what do with this, though. I have now read the book and am not any more inclined to believe it than before. But there's the way the aliens are described, beings of energy and light, zipping and floating around. Which of course reminds me of you know what.

Maybe I should have repeated that whole story, sorry, Goggs. :oops:

Well, other than that slightly awkward "what's the crazy german talking about now" moment, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, especially the fact that for once, Gene asked for ghost theories and stories. Although I'm afraid he might think it's a subject for Halloween episodes or certain campfires only *sigh*.

@Goggs Mackay: do you think it's possible that your "déjà vu" experience could actually have been a past life memory?

There seem to be two different phenomena that are being called "déjà vu", on the one hand the sudden feeling to have seen or experienced the exact same situation you've just been through before, which could be precognition but which mainstream psychology/neurology says is information erroneously being stored in long-term-memory instead of short-term.

On the other hand, people often speak of déjà vu when they suddenly seem to recognize their sourroundings, although they actually have never been to the place before. Which I think is something totally different from the first type, namely a memory from a past life, in which the place held some significance (like being the home village / town etc. of the deceased person) surfacing from the subconscious.

I guess the question to ask is if you remembered the place exactly how it then turned out to look like or if there were differences between your "vision" and the reality of the place, especially ones that would imply that you "saw" an older version of it (e.g. did the houses look older, after you had turned the corner, were there new buildings, trees etc. which you hadn't "seen")?

Very interesting story and all the more convincing because I know you would not present it as something out of the ordinary before thinking long and thoroughly about it. Good thinking, btw., to tell your friend what you were "seeing" before going on to look at the place.

Did you ever revisit the place to see if you recognized other things?

Last edited:
@Polter. Yeah sorry about that whole mix up, I had no clue what the question was referring to and at the time, neither did Micah (as far as I could tell).

I too would like more episodes covering hauntings etc. The show has covered paranormal investigation with people like Dr Barry Taff, and it's covered topics like EVP's too. The Paracast doesn't shy away from the fact it is far more UFO-based than other paranormal topics but I for one, would welcome more of the ghost stuff - especially as there seems to be greater interest generally in the subject.

I understand your point about predictions vs deja Vu and I was trying to illustrate that what started as classic deja vu, in that it was the immediate sense of 'I've been here in this moment exactly, in the past,' but because of the physical layout of where I was, I had an opportunity to seize the moment and try to predict what was round a corner I'd never been to before. It was in a small town called Carluke, such a small place that I find it unlikely I would have seen TV footage or something that was in my memory and I convinced myself that I'd been there before when in fact I was just remembering something. The fact is it seemed that I was able to predict my coming surroundings but there was nothing earth-shattering about my revelations and it could all be a mix-up of the mind, as Micah referred to with his 'psych 101' spiel.

@Polter. Yeah sorry about that whole mix up, I had no clue what the question was referring to and at the time, neither did Micah (as far as I could tell).

I too would like more episodes covering hauntings etc. The show has covered paranormal investigation with people like Dr Barry Taff, and it's covered topics like EVP's too. The Paracast doesn't shy away from the fact it is far more UFO-based than other paranormal topics but I for one, would welcome more of the ghost stuff - especially as there seems to be greater interest generally in the subject.

I understand your point about predictions vs deja Vu and I was trying to illustrate that what started as classic deja vu, in that it was the immediate sense of 'I've been here in this moment exactly, in the past,' but because of the physical layout of where I was, I had an opportunity to seize the moment and try to predict what was round a corner I'd never been to before. It was in a small town called Carluke, such a small place that I find it unlikely I would have seen TV footage or something that was in my memory and I convinced myself that I'd been there before when in fact I was just remembering something. The fact is it seemed that I was able to predict my coming surroundings but there was nothing earth-shattering about my revelations and it could all be a mix-up of the mind, as Micah referred to with his 'psych 101' spiel.
I never did revisit the place, that visit was my one and only. I lost touch with that friend in the years following.

No problem. I probably should have linked the original question. Micah had laughed it off (the claim does sound quite silly) and probably forgotten about it a minute later, so he didn't remember. But I'd say it's definitely something he should ask EvD about if he gets to see him again.
I understand your point about predictions vs deja Vu and I was trying to illustrate that what started as classic deja vu, in that it was the immediate sense of 'I've been here in this moment exactly, (...)

So there was no indication that what you were seeing in your mind's eye was a historically earlier version of what you then actually saw, when you turned the corner?

Or would that be difficult to say because a place like that would essentially look unchanged even after decades?

And was your friend with you in the version you "saw" in your thoughts?

If you get the chance to visit the place some time, I'd definitely say you should go for a walk to see if anything else might look familiar.

Thanks for your answers. I've never had something like that happen to me, but I've heard about it quite often. This is the first time I can ask someone about it. So I hope you don't mind my riddling you with questions.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the discussions about Christianity. Too often the paranormal community throws away the theological implications of weird phenomena because they are afraid. "The divine space brothers MUST be here for our good, despite the horrific things they do to people!"

I'll say that if my fellow Christians don't believe in ghosts, demons, or the unseen world, they don't believe in the Bible. Like it was said on the show - it's one of the most supernatural documents in human history.

As far as Ouija boards go - how could you communicate with a little girl in "hel"? That doesn't make sense in any religious tradition, let alone Christian. You're just asking for trouble.

I enjoyed the discussions about Christianity. Too often the paranormal community throws away the theological implications of weird phenomena because they are afraid. "The divine space brothers MUST be here for our good, despite the horrific things they do to people!"

I'll say that if my fellow Christians don't believe in ghosts, demons, or the unseen world, they don't believe in the Bible. Like it was said on the show - it's one of the most supernatural documents in human history.

As far as Ouija boards go - how could you communicate with a little girl in "hel"? That doesn't make sense in any religious tradition, let alone Christian. You're just asking for trouble.
Well it's a very interesting meme that little girl in hell who is really a demon and needs a good beating or banishing or something. My own first major ouija contact was a little girl who said her dad burned the whole family alive and ultimately in our final group communication that sweet and sparky 7 year old contact from the great beyond transformed into her demonic father who promptly threatened to kill everyone in the house. Suddenly a door slammed in the empty rooms upstairs and that ended my ouija contact with that 'entity' in our minds.

Demons are an interesting concept but i debate their functionality and contribution to the well being of society. A lot of strife has come from that paranormal text and as a good reminder people should take a good look at where believing in demons gets you, or at least believing that a demon has invaded your daughter and that the good and right thing to do is to beat her, torture her, hold her down, starve her, and watch her bones break as she descends into concentration camp victim status. Below is Annelise Michel, before and after religious belief asserted itself over her own sweet and sparky nature. In the end she was asking for her people to pray for her so her soul would hopefully go to heaven, fully delusional with festering belief in the paradigm painted for her by parents and priests. So here is the girl possessed by a demon and what that belief did to her. So is it guns that kill people? Or is it people who believe in paranormal tropes like demons that kill people, or is it just that people kill people, or convince them to kill other people or themselves, while following the UFO inside the comet on their way up to heaven?

Anneliese-Michel.jpg

The poor girl who was suffering grand mal seizures and many a health issue across her life was prescribed some very interesting drugs by the neurologist and ultimately experienced depression and a series of mental health issues & delusions associated with her hardcore religious upbringing. Epilepsy was dismissed by the priest - a crisis of faith was apparently the real issue that needed to be contended with, and so a rigorous series of torture sessions (read exorcism) were prescribed involving family and priests alike until the life was squeezed out of her. In the courts the parents were not given any sentencing as the judiciary felt that they had suffered enough. The night before she died her exorcists proclaimed that at last the demons had left her - well thank goodness for that. A job well done men, another soul saved.

exor1.jpg

Believing in such things can have serious consequences when these beliefs are applied to our children. Belief in the divine space brothers never ever conjures up these types of images, but i seriously question any parent who claims that their child is being abducted by aliens. Is it the power of Christ, I mean the power of the Grey that compels you? That's where it behooves us to be a bit more skeptical about "evidence" and not rush to judgment about confirming that, "Oh yes, indeed," says one of the most influential ufologists, "there does appear to be an anomalous object inside the comet - yes, it could be a UFO!" And look where that whole story ended.
article-0-1257F7FD000005DC-170_468x286.jpg

Hello, everyone.

I feel compelled to ask a question at the risk of casting myself in a bad light. I ask as a new forum member and relatively new listener to the program (about a year or so), so let that color any view of my possible motives or qualifications however it will. I'll simply state that I ask respectfully and in the interest of advancing the discussion beyond what I see as a bit of a rut.

So, here it is:

Why is so much time seemingly devoted to complaining about, bemoaning, refuting or otherwise talking about hardcore skeptics?

It seems to me that if one believes that discussion of, and research into, unexplained phenomena is worthwhile, one would be best served by focusing energies on simply doing that work. I'm distracted by the amount of conversation about hardcore skeptics to the point of frustration, frankly. And this observation is by no means limited to this show; I've noticed a lot of people in the field have this same tendency. I wonder if anyone else thinks this is a problem. Do we risk sounding defensive, thereby potentially discrediting ourselves to some degree?

I suppose it's a matter of degrees but i really don't see the scenario that you see, by hard core skeptic I am taking it you mean what is also referred to as a debunker. Speaking for myself, I think there is very little on this earth that should be considered in an absolutist (?) fashion. A debunker, as well as a true believer, are equal distractions that must be acknowledged (at least to those with a vested interest in this field) and dealt with. Besides it's fun

And on that note it's fair to say the are a number of people who make a living of paranormal subjects and therefore are quick to get antsy when somebody comes along and tends to upset the applecart, but the same can probably be said in any field where the discussion is based on what can be best described as being theoretical (or ephemeral) where there hasn't been many smoking guns produced.

It takes a person with a tough hide to not give a crap about his or her critics, filter out all the noise and distraction and just keep their nose to the grindstone. I can only think of a couple of people but I'm not really all that immersed in this field.

I will concede this though, I don't think I've ever seen a field or course of study that was as chock full of frenemies as this one.

Last edited:
Yes, as Wade said, it's not really about automatically being totally anti-skeptic. There are degrees of everything and with healthy scientific and logical skepticism there is no problem, certainly not on the Paracast. However, there are 'skeptics' that are almost anything but. 'Debunker' is the correct term for those people who, like rabid believers, are not even interested in the truth but push an agenda that has already made up its' mind, namely, that there cannot be UFOs or ET life visiting and therefore anything one can use to discredit reports is fair game, even if untrue.
There are times when it is plainly obvious that debunkers are going to any explanation, regardless of the likelihood of it being the actual explanation. Just as long as there is something to use in place of UFO etc for each and every case, that is what the debunkers will use. It is these people (and their polar opposite but weirdly, bedfellows in a way, the true-believers) who the Paracast regard with disdain. I do not speak for Gene or Chris but in this instance I happen to know they are in agreement.

@Ph aunts - there really are no silly questions as long as they are asked genuinely, and especially from new members who are of course not as up to speed in the general consensus in the show and forum.

It is good that rather than sitting stewing in your own thoughts, you are willing to get typing in the hope of a satisfactory answer. I hope I have provided one and it will in some way encourage you to stick around and contribute.

This forum is continually re-energised by new members so I personally think it vital that we do attract new members all the time. We need fresh perspectives, fresh questions, prods in the butt to make sure we don't sit back and pretend we have it all worked out cos that is as far from the truth as it is possible to get!

Goggs

It would be good if Mr Hanks father did a interview on the Paracast and his experince with high strangeness. He has some very intresting stories from the family past and as religious aspect of its actions towards individuals. Maybe even Dr Farrell and Scott D de Hart round table discussion which would appeal to a wider audience.

@Goggs Mackay Thanks for the shout out, I didn't really think you guys would do it. For my part I'm enamored of your Scottish brogue and Micah's southern accent and thought it would make for a nifty duet, and I was right.

I can take the credit for persuading Gene to allow it and Micah to do it! I wasn't in the least bothered that I cannot sing, I just know you asked for something that was in our power to deliver and cos you are such a fan of the show like myself, and a great forum contributor too, there ain't many people here as deserving as you! Very glad to be able to accommodate!

Poor Micah kinda had it thrust upon him without warning but he stepped up too, when I can fully imagine most guests declining to do something like that.

I'd consider yourself lucky to the first and no doubt last person to have that particular wish granted on the show...2nd time round would be so passe'.......

Back