• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 22, 2016 — Kevin D. Randle

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
At one time, Kevin D. Randle evidently felt that the truth behind the theory that the Roswell crash involved a spaceship was a sure thing. But did he express some serous doubts on this week's episode?

Chris and I continue this discussion on this week's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. Check here for more details about our premium package: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

at the risk of being banned....

Sounds like Chris has had enough of The Paracast. Doesn't seem like he is enjoying the show. And it is reflected in the show. Railing against Genes wife was uncool. And his acidic tongue is too much to bear.

I like your past work Chris and appreciate your contribution to the field. But I need a break from this show. Maybe you do too. Good luck in the future.

But I wanted to add some more comments: Chris and I have seen the same problem in the UFO field, which is that very little is being accomplished. We still talk about the same cases as we did decades ago, but Kevin's new book may help reduce the overemphasis on Roswell. There are some hopes the proposals for UFO detection systems — including the one planned for low-Earth orbit — will bear fruit. But it's also about finding some tiny needles in big haystacks, so I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

We'll get a more traditional view of the UFO field when Stanton Friedman shows up on the next episode of The Paracast (Question Bank thread coming soon). We'll ask him the same questions about the lack of progress and see what he has to say on the subject.

That said, and despite all the frustrations, we're still here.

I like that Chris is becoming a grumpy (not too) old man.I'm heading there myself.Judging by this and similar forums I can see a general apathy across the field.It's noticeable on here and other forums that long time contributors have grown tired and have taken a sabbatical.
I just hope the morons who have swamped the internet with cgi fakes and the like are pleased with the damage they've done.No wonder new blood is reluctant when even if they captured something real it would be tarred with the same brush.To Chris and the unsung heroes who spend enormous amounts of time and money seeking the answers,don't give up,hopefully projects such as yours will produce tangible evidence of this phenomena that can't be tainted by the fakers and the con men.

Enjoyed the show. I could listen to Mr Randle all day long. And what a contrast in relation to the previous guest.

I think we all get frustrated with these subjects. We do seem to be going round in circles constantly.

I've been at a crossroads for sometime. I'm now unsure whether there is any "mystery" to solve

At risk of being Banned also..... The Paracast Jumped the Shark long ago... Chris is grumpy and hard to listen to. Gene doesn't and never did carry the show...... David did all the heavy lifting back in the early days. Time has marched on and the Paracast has long lost its "GOLD Standard" .... i'm sure Gene has seen a huge decline in downloads. The Paracast use to be my favorite podcast but sadly stuck in the past...i tried the monthly fee version but sadly that was not worth the small amount of scratch $.

Great show guys. I apologize if this has been noted before, but at the beginning of the show, Hillary Clinton's "flub" referring to Area 54, was mentioned. Interestingly she isn't the only one to make that three number leap when asked. Bill has made the same mistake on NPR....
Bill Clinton Plays Not My Job

Maybe it's just a Freudian slip waxing nostalgic to their Studio 54 days....anyone know if they frequented the club?

At risk of being Banned also..... The Paracast Jumped the Shark long ago... Chris is grumpy and hard to listen to. Gene doesn't and never did carry the show...... David did all the heavy lifting back in the early days. Time has marched on and the Paracast has long lost its "GOLD Standard" .... i'm sure Gene has seen a huge decline in downloads. The Paracast use to be my favorite podcast but sadly stuck in the past...i tried the monthly fee version but sadly that was not worth the small amount of scratch $.
At the risk of being factual, you're wrong on many counts. In other words, you're just making it up.

Our download count, the amount of bandwidth consumed from our server is many terabytes, despite being cached via CloudFlare. That means we have more listeners (and more unique visitors) than ever. It's in the six figures, folks.

The Paracast is currently carried on 21 terrestrial radio stations, our highest number yet, and the affiliate department at GCN, though small, is pushing to grab some major conquests for us.

As to The Paracast+ is precisely what we advertise. If you think that paying the equivalent of $1.50 per week to skip the network ads (equivalent of a large drink at Starbucks), receive a free extra podcast and other features, is too much, you're entitled to your viewpoint.

The paracast is my favourite show across ALL mediums. I'm always a little puzzled by such comments as above. If you don't like don't listen. End of.

It's tough doing a quality, no BS show week-in-and-week out when you know that other shows (that pander to the wide-eyed true believer yahoos) have huge listenerships and bring in mega ad $$$. That being said, I'll work on my "grumpiness" and ignore the trolls' bitchin, moanin, groanin & complaining... It's nice when they stay under the bridge.

Back