• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 17, 2015 — Ronald Regehr

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
In this episode, author/researcher Ronald Regehr provides some new insights into the Roswell case, which form the focus of a new book, of which he is co-author, with the working title of "Another Damn Roswell Book."

We touch only briefly on the Not Roswell Slides, or Slidegate, episode. We also do a post-mortem, with researcher Curt Collins, for the May 17, 2015 episode of After The Paracast, which is available for download to subscribers of Paracast+. For more information about our premium service, please check Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Sorry, guys. Someone beat you to the Roswell comic book:

roswell.jpg

Roswell: Little Green Man
The story of a little green man who “falls to Earth” in a postwar America, and is immediately befriended by scientist/waitress Julienne Fryes and itinerant cowboy Jasper Kudzu (and Jasper’s giant rabbit, Dagnabbit), as he flees from the authorities and tries to find his way home. Wittily written and exquisitely drawn by Bill Morrison in a pseudo-vintage style redolent of the old movie cartoons, this comic is a delight—a sadly rare one, as the alleged “quarterly” schedule dribbles out an issue only very occasionally. ~HS
Roswell: Little Green Man Comics from Bongo

Sorry, guys. Someone beat you to the Roswell comic book:

roswell.jpg

Roswell: Little Green Man
The story of a little green man who “falls to Earth” in a postwar America, and is immediately befriended by scientist/waitress Julienne Fryes and itinerant cowboy Jasper Kudzu (and Jasper’s giant rabbit, Dagnabbit), as he flees from the authorities and tries to find his way home. Wittily written and exquisitely drawn by Bill Morrison in a pseudo-vintage style redolent of the old movie cartoons, this comic is a delight—a sadly rare one, as the alleged “quarterly” schedule dribbles out an issue only very occasionally. ~HS
Roswell: Little Green Man Comics from Bongo

It's actually a pretty funny comic; recommended!

Ron (and Chris) was speaking based on the material he had available on the slides at the time, so it's understandable.

Not to belabor a point, as Gene says, but regarding the Slides:

Just in case there's any question of fakery still....

ANYONE can get the same results with the photo offered ON SLIDEBOX MEDIA'S site. It does not only work from the slide on the RSRG.

Placard | Kodachrome

You can do it yourself for free by downloading a free trial of SmartDeblur (make sure to get the Pro version).

The instructions here:
The "Roswell Slides" - How the Placard was Deciphered |

Do not only work on a special version of the slide, they work on the very slide offered by the promoter.

I have no vested interest here, just trying to do science and replicate results. Which I did.

If Ron didn't get the results with a higher res version of the slide it's because the blue model needs to be adjusted for the particular image he has. It takes a little finesse to do it correctly.

I thought the interview with Ron Regehr was excellent and that he was generous in sharing so much information from his and his co-researcher's forthcoming book. I can't wait to read it, find out the additional details he's reserving for the book's publication, and see the image analyses and discussions of the seven photos obtained that day in Ramey's office. This has been painstaking work and Regehr's reasoning on the basis of it is most impressive. And what he and his coauthor have discovered in the 'Ramey memo' (read out during the interview) is pure gold.

I knew I would enjoy this episode and I did, I would like to say that MR Regehr's comments at the end regarding the governments ability to protect people is interesting because, that is the situation for many people around the world as I am writing this, that is to say: their children or family members can be harmed at any time, and there is nothing they or their "government" can do about it. It was a solemn reminder about the issues facing humanity around the globe.
Just for clarity I am not talking about an ET threat rather a very Human threat.

One question occurred to me when he was talking about the symbols on the Roswell debris, has he ever found a matching ones in the petroglyphs he has studied?

I am not sure why, but I am fine tuned to coincidence at the moment. I found it slightly unnerving that someone with the same surname as me was involved in the case "Irving Newton" and that the symbols looked like fishing hooks (my avatar and main interest)
when I was looking for the first name of Newton (Irving) I typed Roswell Newton and got this hit!:
Roswell Newton (1752 - 1830) - Genealogy

I am sure I am on my own journey down a personal rabbit hole, but I thought I would share it anyway ;)

Thanks again. Best wishes.

Yes good show! To me the biggest "tell" that there is something to the whole "flying disc" mystery had always been the Air Force reaction. From Gen. Ramey all the way to "Roswell Case Closed 1&2" the Air Force has been extremely weird about it. In fact almost crazy weird. It has never made sense. It's not just Roswell, its all the stuff that happened back then and through the 50s. They always would say stuff like "they don't represent a threat"
Even weirder has been how NASA seems to treat the subject.
One thing I do believe is that there is more "evidence" like the photos that were talked about by Mr. Regehr but maybe more subtle. That's the kind of stuff we should be looking for. Not obvious stuff like pictures of bodies pictures of flying saucers but little details that people may have forgotten or didn't think about . I'm telling you it's out there ya just have to be smart about it and stop looking for the big sensational. Rather look for the little minute.
Anyway great show can't wait to read that "Damn Roswell Book"

This was a great episode. It actually made Roswell into a current and interesting topic. It's great that he's found new information on a topic that's been done seemingly until it can't be done no more. I may actually buy the book. Good work fellas!

Every time someone says they have evidence of something to do with Roswell (or UFOSs in general) it turns out to be garbage.

You guys mentioned Stanford at the end... any word on when he'll present his findings? I'm curious to see if it'll be along the lines as all the other magical "evidence" people have peddled when it comes to UFOs as paranormal in nature.

Yes, yes us skeptics are monsters that will never be satisfied...

Last edited:
Yes, yes us skeptics are monsters that will never be satisfied...
Hey, let's not place skepticism into the naughty bag of evil senseless debunking monsters. Skeptical inquiry is what dismantled the Roswell Slide Hoax in short order. It has to be the single most valuable tool for any paranormal or ufological investigation.

Regehr kept most of his conversation fairly tight until he started to move towards the pro-abduction side of things. I'm not too sure about the images that are supposed to be thicker metal. I'm not seeing it in the image provided.

One of the lines of inquiry that I always have a problem with is that as soon as the evidence appears to not match up to design plans, or expectations or what's in the manual suddenly there's a mystery, or confirmation of one at least. I often think that the nature of the world is one where things are rarely built to the design specs, not to mention measuring things in a photograph is far from an exact science. I'm not sure you can draw too many profound conclusions from the debris after the fact, especially when we don't know what the debris is to begin with.

The most interesting thing about Roswell is the initial press report that said we've caught a flying saucer. In light of the skills of those involved in postwar era USA it just makes no sense at all. Even if they had caught a saucer from space, who would dare make such a public statement? Maybe if your intention was to mess with the Ruskies perhaps you can see such a statement being let out the door. I just don't get that bit at all.

metal.jpg

It is a little puzzling.
Ok, I can see that there is the appearance of a thickness there that appears to be inconsistent with the thinness of the foil structure. However, when you look at other photos taken at the time you can see the exact same visual elements are present and there is no thickness there at all to those elements. So my suggestion is that what we are seeing here is the remnants of a single foil structure that was shredded; there is no thick metal present and what we are seeing here is merely the appearance of a thickness.

Why that appearance is so in this partcuar photo is difficult to tell. It could be a function of a different camera, different lens or angle. Without actually seeing the original neg and an original print from that neg I would not want to venture to guess why this image presents what appears to be a thickness when other photos from this same scene do not have that appearance. Obviosuly there s a discrepancy here that needs some explanation. But I do not think what we are seeing here is a thick metal at all.

To me the biggest "tell" that there is something to the whole "flying disc" mystery had always been the Air Force reaction. From Gen. Ramey all the way to "Roswell Case Closed 1&2" the Air Force has been extremely weird about it. In fact almost crazy weird. It has never made sense. It's not just Roswell, its all the stuff that happened back then and through the 50s. They always would say stuff like "they don't represent a threat"

I've also noticed how long that statement has been implanted in public consciousness -- over the whole 66-year-history of modern ufo sightings, waves, and events. It's understandable that such assurances would be made given the increasing concern of the public beginning in the wave of 1947 and recurring in later waves. But I think something else was going on as well. A Battelle Institute think tank was tasked early on with researching the phenomenon and reasoning about what it might mean for civilization on earth. Among the subjects discussed and reported on by that group was the long history of reports and representations of ufo-like phenomena going back through recorded history and into prehistory. In ancient rock art, these included not only representations of saucer-like shapes and quasi-human/humanoid figures but eventually figures garbed like astronauts of our time. So perhaps that was the intellectual ground on which the PTB might have expressed the belief that the modern ufos posed no threat. Notably, that did not stop them from scrambling generations of military jets to pursue ufos, interact with then, and obtain gun-camera footage of them, up to the present day. Of course, because there's no way to be certain of the current intentions of whoever drives these machines.

Another possible influence on the 'no threat' statements issued by the PTB here and in the UK (and perhaps elsewhere) occurred to me while watching the Mexico City presentation, during the interview with the daughter of a Roswell fireman who went off on his own to investigate the rumors of a crash. (The army had notified the public fire department in Roswell that their help was not needed, but this guy went out there anyway). According to his daughter, he described arriving early at the location of the bulk of the crashed ufo, joining several others probably from the base who observed three dead alien bodies and one survivor walking around the scene. This individual approached the fireman and several other men who all received the same telepathic communication from him/her/it. As I recall from the videotaped interview with the daughter, the information received by her father and the others was essentially this: "Do not be afraid. We are not here to harm you." And "There's nothing you can do to help us."

We've heard from several sources that the surviving alien lived on, in the custody of the military, first at Wright-Patterson, perhaps later on at Area 51. If this being could communicate these significant statements to the fireman and several others, it could surely communicate the same thing, and possibly a great deal more, to people later engaged in studying and interacting with the alien. It would be another reason to suppose that ufos and aliens did not 'pose a threat' to life on earth (at least not that particular alien species).

Ok, I can see that there is the appearance of a thickness there that appears to be inconsistent with the thinness of the foil structure. However, when you look at other photos taken at the time you can see the exact same visual elements are present and there is no thickness there at all to those elements. So my suggestion is that what we are seeing here is the remnants of a single foil structure that was shredded; there is no thick metal present and what we are seeing here is merely the appearance of a thickness.

Why that appearance is so in this partcuar photo is difficult to tell. It could be a function of a different camera, different lens or angle. Without actually seeing the original neg and an original print from that neg I would not want to venture to guess why this image presents what appears to be a thickness when other photos from this same scene do not have that appearance. Obviosuly there s a discrepancy here that needs some explanation. But I do not think what we are seeing here is a thick metal at all.

The allegation was that the other photo(s) had been retouched, whited out to obscure the edges. That's what the animated gif is purporting to show. IMO the supposed thick metal looks like a different material than the foil.

I do agree though, that it doesn't look like actual thick metal, especially thick metal that has been subject to high stress. Edges look clean cut but are also jagged. Reminds me of styrofoam. Certainly doesn't evoke "Extraterrestrial" to me.

Back