• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 2 Gene & Chris Shop Talk Episode

I have a Question for Chris. You have made a couple statements about the meat we consume and purchase from local stores. A side from raising you own animals what should we be eating?? Do you have any specific things or stores we should avoide?? Is the meat we buy at Walmart safe?? On the same topic would you eat anything from the Pacific Ocean?? Did the mealtdown in Japan affect the fish we are eating?? very interested to hear your response and to read Stalking the Herd.

Fish off the North American coast of the Pacific is currently safe until your national Food and Health agencies say otherwise. As far as meat goes, if you want to be safe the meat should be free range, organic & free from growth hormones, steroids and anti-biotics. This meat is not the meat from Walmart. You will want to, if possible, buy direct from farmers who use organic, free range practices. Or you will need to look into buying food from a farmer's market where such healthy food can be found.

On a side note, to consume organic foods in the way you normally consume store bought goods has a very high price tag attached to it, especially if you like your meat and dairy. We live in the age of Soylent Green, and it has been my experience that only the ultra wealthy can afford to keep hormones, anti-biotics, fertilizers and steroids out of the family diet.

I think that if you're going to give kids meat and dairy you should at least work to keep hormones out of their diet, especially prior to & during puberty. We've opted for less meat in the diet and more veggies to save expenses, which really, is much healthier for you anyways.

Certainly less meat and potatoes is less bowel cancer. Carbs and meat are very hard on the digestive system and their combo really can do you in.

I thought Chris's reply as to his gullibility was convincing: he tries to put the interviewee at ease.

Quite often a guest will reveal more if they aren't guarded. You catch then on a comfortable moment and hit them with a more revealing question. You can't always be confrontational, though it works that way sometimes.

In the early days of The Paracast, this balance was not achieved. We had some great moments, but we actually found listeners switching us off because of too much bitterness. Sure, some switch us off now because of the ads, but we are still way ahead.

There is a problematic dynamic at play as Gene just pointed out and as Chris pointed out on the program. Jump on their butt too much and you'll probably never get them on the program again, (although in some cases that could be a small blessing.) On the other hand show just a little too much restraint and you're perceived as being to close to the guest to have an impartial footing.

I would probably suck as a host because I would have a different style. If the person I was hosting said something that was questionable and then proceeded to dance around it if pushed to clarify, I would try to show that I was clearly contemptable of that statement via a very heavy dose of sarcasm without being too agressive. I'm pretty good at sarcasm.

Chris said his account of his experience is in the November 29, 2009 episode. I can only see archives back to 2010. How do I get ahold of his first show?

That's not complete. We didn't go on GCN until the summer of 2010, but the show debuted in February, 2006. Also, we keep higher resolution versions than GCN for the older shows.

There's a delicate balance to maintain with a guest and the listening audience between being overly credulous and overly critical…
It's easier when our guest is a stranger whom we've never met.
...and I think you guys have achieved it quite nicely.
Thanks for listening, ask our guests questions—and don't be shy: get more involved here at the Paracast Forum—I learn something here everyday! ;)

OMG. Now we've got the excuse that UFO researchers should be justified in withholding evidence because not everyone has a "need to know" :rolleyes:. What complete and utter BS. We all have a need to know. Humanity itself has a need to know, and what's more I think anyone with legitimate evidence has an obligation to spread it as far and wide as possible and let the chips fall where they may. The only thing that should be kept secure is the original evidence so that those with the expertise required to properly examine and confirm the claims can do so. Also, if the evidence is as good as it's claimed to be, then it should be largely self-evident and not require a mountain of self-serving technobabble to justify that it carries weight.

Let's also not forget that there's a not an insignificant number of people who know alien visitation is real, and we don't need the scientific community, or Ray Stanford, or Eduard Meier, or Steven Greer, or whomever else to prove it to us. So why the big push to get the scientific community to tell us what we already know, as if we need their stamp of approval before it makes it true? It's time for another approach. In the meantime let's cut the scientists some slack.

Have you ever been blamed for not doing your job when you were never given the tools and materials you need to do it in the first place? It's no fun. Yet this is what scientists are being faced with when people accuse them of being unreasonable for not taking UFOs seriously. If anyone ever acquires some verifiable scientifically valid material evidence, then I'm sure the scientists would be more than happy to study it. Until then there's no point in pointing fingers at the scientists, as if they're the bad guys. They're not.

As for the lack of evidence that aliens come from outer space, it seems to me that there's even less evidence that they come from Earth. If I'm wrong then show us the alien civilization here on Earth that has all the mines, refineries, manufacturing facilities and massive supporting infrastructure required to account for the presence of alien craft, especially the giant mother ships, not just in modern times, but dating back into history. Let's face it, if the aliens were from Earth, it's simply not reasonable to think that they wouldn't have been discovered by now.

Bravo on Chris' suggestion that those who post fraudulent UFO sightings and videos should be somehow held accountable. Every time I start sifting through videos on the Internet I wonder why I even bother. There couldn't be a better intentional strategy to confuse, misinform, and misdirect people than the hundreds of thousands of lousy, if not outright fake videos that are out there. That's why I keep returning to the fundamentals. IMO alien visitation was confirmed back in the Early Modern Era in ufology, with a few interesting cases thrown in here and there afterwards.

Last edited:
Seeing as there is as little for or against in regards to ETH why not keep an open mind, let ETH be another string to your bow rather than whole heartedly jumping on the beam ship to Plejar.

If we have to pin our hopes on proverbially catching lightening in a bottle and praying people won't fake stuff ,Turd Phase of Goon or otherwise your still going to be disappointed particularly if you are in thrall to an unaccredited 'authority' than can feed you any bull sheeeet.

Even if you go along with ETH or CTH or SCYH why does the manifestation of their existence be limited to the experience and imagination of ours?

As far as making people be held accountable for the evidence they provide it still won't stop people filming all manner of chinese lanternery, IAV and helium ballon inadvertantcy.

Last edited:
Back