• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mail Order Mysteries! Remember the ads in the old comic books?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I discovered a fantastic book. I knew about it for a while but finally ordered it on Amazon and got it a few days ago. It goes over the actual ads from comic books in the 70's & 80's - companies like The Fun Factory and Honor House. Remember X-ray Specs? And all the other assorted things that kids drooled over. Here's a short vid of the author and some of his discoveries (it's definitely a trip down memory lane for me as I clearly remember studying these ads in great detail - as if I was going to be quizzed about them at some point in the future).

Remember this thread? X-ray Specs, Sea Monkeys & Charles Atlas

CGL, I have this book as well and love it. Thanks for the vid. Such a magic part of my right to passage through the late 60s and into the 70s.
I got the (fool proof) stick on eyes that went on your eyelids so you could sleep in school.Got me a detention and some good old fashioned corporal punishment.

Back