• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Larry Holcombe: November 9, 2014

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
So do the Presidents of the U.S. have guilty knowledge about UFOs?

Here's where you can discuss our episode featuring Larry Holcombe, author of "Presidents and UFOs: A Secret History from FDR to Obama."

Sorry, but I was disappointed with this weeks episode. The discussion about Presidents and UFOs didn't start until almost half the program was over. I really didn't want to hear another rehash about Major Keyhoe and MJ12. When Larry Holcombe did get around to talking about Presidents and UFOs I found most of his information was based on speculation. I thought he might have some hard, solid facts, but I didn't hear much of that come through. I'm pretty sure I can skip the book.

You'll notice I asked him pointedly how he knew any of this. But it didn't start halfway through, and he did dismiss the infamous Eisenhower-meets-ET rumor.

I do recall Gene you asking him how he knew any of this. His answer, as I recall, was that there was no overwhelming group of information, but that he took little bits of this and that to come to a conclusion. I thought that answer was a bit weak.

I feel like the kid that went trick or treating and came back with one banged apple :(.

Nevertheless, professional hosts treated the guest with dignity and respect.

UFO's Past, Present and Future went through some refits and updates in the years following its initial release. All those 70's docs seem so much more about real events as opposed to the slicker constructions and confabulations of the Out of the Blue era of UFO docs. Emenegger has a lot of style at work in his pieces that adds to the overall production value.

Anyone know where you can access some of his other 70's docs, specifically the one on death with the freaky past life sequence that appears more real and shocking than constructed? He always manages to find himself in these interesting situations. His interviews on Radio Misterioso are exceptional.

The documents Randle described in his blog are now available to read on Frank Warren's UFO Chronicles site. I haven't bothered to look at them so far, but I may eventually be bored enough to have a look. The documents should end the discussion, but of course they will not. I think a certain infamous ufologist could post a video of himself faking the Majestic documents and then photographing them, then publish a notarized affidavit claiming full responsibility for the fiasco, and there would still be quite a few people insisting MJ-12 is real. *Sigh*

Randle's blog is well worth following, and the comments are usually little thumbnail sketches of what ufology has become. The recent post about Majestic is no exception. I usually don't bother with the comments, they have gotten so predictable and downright tedious, but the one on that post were pretty amusing, if a little depressing.

The fact someone or group put them out in the public to create debate among researchers for what means to tell the truth or disinformation ? Furthermore, Majestic like it or not asks more questions than answers for example freedom of information documents can they be minipulated and if whos laws do they break ?

Holcombe was a good interview. He was willing to call out what he thought was nonsense, especially loony conspiracy theories. Also, it would be impossible to provide hard evidence that any president knew whether or not UFOs existed since there could not be any hard evidence. Any real evidence would have been made public by now.

The part that I found interesting was the brief touch upon Von Braun being tasked with looking at the Roswell debris. I have heard from other sources that many more Nazi scientists arrived at White Sands around the same time the debris was recovered. I think this is interesting.

On the wider subject of presidents knowledge of UFO's, they simply don't need to know. I don't think a president has had knowledge of UFO recovery (if any at all) since probably the late 40's or early 50's. They are just passing politicians after all...

I would imagine any recovered UFO or group created to investigate them is a private enterprise. When I say private I mean a front company technology research or whatever, to hide from public scrutiny...this way they not accountable to any politician.

Maybe Clinton suspected something was being hidden from him and did make some serious effort to get to the bottom of it, however, as we know Lewinski changed his direction. Was she a deliberate distraction? I think this needs looking into further, I'm not saying Lewinski herself was an agent, just a tool to use. Did she have a 'handler', why else would a young woman keep an item of clothing with POTUS semen on it? I suspect someone had a plan...

Maybe Clinton suspected something was being hidden from him and did make some serious effort to get to the bottom of it, however, as we know Lewinski changed his direction. Was she a deliberate distraction? I think this needs looking into further, I'm not saying Lewinski herself was an agent, just a tool to use. Did she have a 'handler', why else would a young woman keep an item of clothing with POTUS semen on it? I suspect someone had a plan...
I think the 'plan' you refer to was Clinton unable to keep his schwantz in his pants. There was no grand design other than that.

That may well be the case DaveM but Clinton's 'Schwantz' control was a weakness to be potentially exploited. 'conspiracy theories' have been given a bad name and most folk lump them all together alongside way out there theories such as Elvis lives and works at the local grocery store. But conspiracies DO exist at high levels by people in power. Whether it was Bush and Blair conspiring to invade Iraq come what may and spying on 'allies' such as bugging the Spanish prime minister to ensure he remained supportive, to the most recent case of traders colluding together to fix the foreign exchange rates. Don't ever under estimate intelligence agencies, remember you only ever hear about their failures. (Generally speaking). If you have a president who's doing something you don't want him to do, why not find 'leverage' on him? Find a distraction...

JFK sacked Dulles, he wanted to smash the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter them to the four winds...

Going off subject, when you have a nation who spends more on defence than the rest of the world combined, whose economy is dominated by a military industrial complex, an organisation like the CIA is the 'brains' of that military industrial complex. This apparatus needs an enemy to exist, the cold war provided stability, we had to keep up with the Soviets, now that's finished...every time you see the CIA budget come under threat, a new enemy arises...The CIA and the military industrial complex are not going to let a short term occupant of the White House change them or shut them down, they just help maintain an illusion of power for any POTUS. If a POTUS crosses that line, then well...

So if a POTUS gets wind the CIA or any other secretive group within the U.S, is up to something they shouldn't be doing, or have something he thinks he should see, these same covert, secretive groups are going to defend themselves. Let's face it, they are in the the profession of taking on the best of foreign intelligence services anyway, what hope does a POTUS have of taking them on?

Back