• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

July 10, 2016 — Grant Cameron

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
It has long been a source of fascination what U.S. Presidents might know about UFOs. Some have even promised to get to the bottom of the mystery, but it never seems to happen.

In his latest book, "The Clinton UFO Storybook," author Grant Cameron wonders just what they know and what we might expect if Secretary Clinton becomes President.

As you'll notice from the issue, Gene had issues with some of the alleged facts.

So on this week's After The Paracast podcast, he explains on those concerns.

If you're interested in After The Paracast, check out The Paracast+, our premium subscription service, at:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

My interest/trust in Grant Cameron was destroyed when, on Facebook, he posted/endorsed a completely ludicrous video featuring Stan Romanek.
In the video, Romanek is being interviewed on Skype, and suddenly a small object flies at Romanek's head. He stops and acts perplexed, like, "What the hell was that?!" It's supposed to show that mysterious, paranormal activity still follows Romanek around after his alleged encounters.

Well, just by watching the video once, you can clearly see, at the bottom of the screen, the object (pen-cap or something) coming from the direction of Romanek's left hand, being flicked up at himself!!! Yet Romanek looks up & back toward the ceiling & wall behind him as if he's wondering where the hell the object came from, despite the fact that it clearly came from the direction of his own fingers, which were obviously used to flip/flick the object toward himself. It's SO clearly fake, SO easy to spot, and yet Grant Cameron swallowed it hook, line & sinker and shared it as amazing, remarkable evidence! I called him out on this on the Facebook thread, and even Richard Dolan agreed with me, and basically joined in to gently chastise Grant Cameron for being so gullible and helping spread such blatant fakery.

It happens around 2 minutes & 4 seconds into this clip:

It made me think back to a private message I'd sent to Cameron, where I was asking him about the credibility of several of the key sources used in his Area 51 book. His reply was basically, "Believe me, these guys are trustworthy." But after seeing Cameron endorse that PAINFULLY fake Romanek video, I realized that Grant Cameron is not worthy of trust himself, since he blindly trusts & promotes this sort of extremely shady character/claim/evidence. It totally destroyed his credibility for me. People like that are so busy wanting to believe and wanting to hype the subject that they lose sight of skepticism and critical thinking.

Absent Romance, I still think there was plenty to question him about.

I got a few zingers in there, and I spent the first part of After The Paracast dissembling more of his material.

Grant Cameron is no Chris Rutkowski. I have numerous problems with his theories and conclusions but where he really loses me is when he insists that off-handed or amusing quips by politicians should be taken as serious insight into their knowledge of ETs and when he insists that the head of FEMA must be aware of the alien situation so that they can be prepared for, I couldn't really tell what, an alien invasion? To assert that a political appointee like the FEMA Director would be "read in" on an issue that if real, would be classified WAY above Top Secret, is laughable.

There was a PBS Frontline episode "Cheney's Law" on Bush's post-9/11 violation of our civil liberties that told the whole Ashcroft hospital bed showdown. An excerpt from the show's summary:

In his most extensive television interview since leaving the Justice Department, former Assistant Attorney General Jack L. Goldsmith describes his initial days at the OLC in the fall of 2003 as he learned about the government's most secret and controversial covert operations. Goldsmith was shocked by the administration's secret assertion of unlimited power.

"There were extravagant and unnecessary claims of presidential power that were wildly overbroad to the tasks at hand," Goldsmith says. "I had a whole flurry of emotions. My first one was disbelief that programs of this importance could be supported by legal opinions that were this flawed. My second was the realization that I would have a very, very hard time standing by these opinions if pressed. My third was the sinking feeling, what was I going to do if I was pressed about reaffirming these opinions?"

As Goldsmith began to question his colleagues' claims that the administration could ignore domestic laws and international treaties, he began to clash with Cheney's office. According to Goldsmith, Addington warned him, "If you rule that way, the blood of the 100,000 people who die in the next attack will be on your hands."

Goldsmith's battles with Cheney culminated in a now-famous hospital-room confrontation at Attorney General John Ashcroft's bedside. Goldsmith watched as White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales and Chief of Staff Andy Card pleaded with Ashcroft to overrule the department's finding that a domestic surveillance program was illegal. Ashcroft rebuffed the White House, and as many as 30 department lawyers threatened to resign. The president relented.

But Goldsmith's victory was temporary, and Cheney's Law continues the story after the hospital-room standoff. At the Justice Department, White House Counsel Gonzales was named attorney general and tasked with reasserting White House control. On Capitol Hill, Cheney lobbied Congress for broad authorizations for the eavesdropping program and for approval of the administration's system for trying suspected terrorists by military tribunals.​

Rebellion At Justice | Cheney's Law | Frontline | PBS

Just FYI: We don't license songs for the GCN version of the show, so we only play custom songs prepared for the show. But we'll do this on After The Paracast.

Just loved Gene give the logic finishing move on Cameron.

E.g. if a president knows something and it was classified, he/she would have to deny all knowledge... Why?... because any sort of acknowledgement even to say that its classified is breaking the secrecy laws as it's an admission non the less.

I could metaphorically here all of Camerons work and hopes fall on the floor and smash into a million pieces.

This is why I sign up for the paracast! You just don't get that level of critical thinking and cut through anywhere else. Great job Gene.

Well, in fitting with the general subject matter of the show, how about your interpretation of the X-Files theme?
Maybe your take on something like this?
Or... Just anything you like playing.
Nothing extensive, just a short one minute performance as intro to the show.
I could imagine Gene saying, "Well, that was the dulcet tones of one Chris O'brien on keys as the intro to this weeks Paracast".
Also maybe a quick discussion about how RPJ could have illustrated you with the infamous 'Keytar' instead of the guitar...?
: )
View attachment 5874
Or...
drumitar-main.jpg

Drumitar Synth Bass!!

Other than some offhand political remarks not relevant to the subject being discussed, it was a very good show. I like the "arguing" that went back and forth between Gene and Grant and I think Grant made some good points, even if they were speculative.

Seems every time I bother to circle back around to The Paracast it's a show with Gene confessing his love of Hillary.

We hear enough of that nonsense from every other media outlet. What makes you think we want to tune in and hear your political persuasion? And I'm certainly not pro-Trump, but how can a person whose podcast is allegedly focused on getting to the truth of matters be such a CNN parrot in their love of Ms Clinton? Simply awful Gene.

Guess I'll try again next year...

Seems every time I bother to circle back around to The Paracast it's a show with Gene confessing his love of Hillary.

We hear enough of that nonsense from every other media outlet. What makes you think we want to tune in and hear your political persuasion? And I'm certainly not pro-Trump, but how can a person whose podcast is allegedly focused on getting to the truth of matters be such a CNN parrot in their love of Ms Clinton? Simply awful Gene.

Guess I'll try again next year...

I didn't get a sense of this at all, which part are you referring to and can you give the time also?

Back