• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 8, 2012 - Nicholas Redfern

trainedobserver

Paranormally Disenchanted
I'm reading UFO Highway right now. Chris, did you know that Mr. Sanchez drops your name often in podcast interviews? Yours and Norio's name come up often.

The alleged Col. X "interview" has internal inconsistencies, doesn't really read like a conversation between two people, and promotes known hoaxes as fact throughout. I don't see how anyone can read it and come away thinking it is what it is presented as being. I can't figure if Sanchez is just being fed this by someone and really believes it, or whether he is making it up whole-cloth. Either way, it seems obvious that it is fiction and bad fiction at that.

Nick is exactly right, the real question isn't about the contents of this story, which is a retreaded alien mythos story, but why the story is being told at all.

I'm reading UFO Highway right now. Chris, did you know that Mr. Sanchez drops your name often in podcast interviews? Yours and Norio's name come up often.
Last time I heard, he was pretty upset that I was cautioning people about his "Col X" scenario, so I'm curious as to how my name is being dropped...
The alleged Col. X "interview" has internal inconsistencies, doesn't really read like a conversation between two people, and promotes known hoaxes as fact throughout. I don't see how anyone can read it and come away thinking it is what it is presented as being. I can't figure if Sanchez is just being fed this by someone and really believes it, or whether he is making it up whole-cloth. Either way, it seems obvious that it is fiction and bad fiction at that.
Accurate analysis. Jury is still out in my mind, but there is some evidence to suggest that he's attempting to maximize his notariety potential regardless of the authenticity of his source...
Nick is exactly right, the real question isn't about the contents of this story, which is a retreaded alien mythos story, but why the story is being told at all.
Ahh, you've hit the nail directly on its head... Perhaps a re-visit to the Paracast by Mr. Sanchez could potentially clear this up.... Doubt he'd appear, but the door is always open, right Gene? :)

Absolutely. He shouldn't run away from the opportunity to present his point of view. But of course, we'll be doing our research, talking to Frank Warren, who has investigated the issue, and certainly relying in your listeners to help us do the heavy lifting as usual.

But if what he says is right on the mark, he should take the chance to clear it all up.

Last time I heard, he was pretty upset that I was cautioning people about his "Col X" scenario, so I'm curious as to how my name is being dropped...

It's all been positive that I've heard. If I recall correctly, he mentions your name in relation to your work on cattle mutilations and strangeness in the area. You are mentioned in at least two if not three interviews I've listened to recently. I've been listening to his interviews in between reading the book. I was surprised, because to listen to him, both you and Norio sound supportive of his ideas, but the things Norio has on his blog about UFO Highway are pretty noncommittal if not skeptical. Or so it seemed to me at least.

Where's a link to Frank Warren's research debunking Col. X? I can't seem to find it.

Google ATS UFO Highway to find the threads at Above Top Secret where Frank discusses the DD214 problem. To me, while a good catch on Mr. Warren's part, that isn't the most damning thing about the alleged Col. X interview. The Col. X interview debunks itself with internal inconsistency, the promotion of known hoaxes, and most importantly the manner in which it is written. Whoever wrote that needed to employ a good Hollywood "Script Doctor" to get some sense of a natural conversation rather what you get from it, which is the impression of someone setting down and "writing" both sides of an interview.

Google ATS UFO Highway to find the threads at Above Top Secret where Frank discusses the DD214 problem. To me, while a good catch on Mr. Warren's part, that isn't the most damning thing about the alleged Col. X interview. The Col. X interview debunks itself with internal inconsistency, the promotion of known hoaxes, and most importantly the manner in which it is written. Whoever wrote that needed to employ a good Hollywood "Script Doctor" to get some sense of a natural conversation rather what you get from it, which is the impression of someone setting down and "writing" both sides of an interview.
I found it. For whomever 's interested it here about half way down the page.

Thanks, and the second time I went there, that banner was gone. Maybe they're doing some sort of rotation scheme, but thanks for the precision.

Small story about pine gap, in my years as a computer mainframe operator, i worked on a number of installations of DEC (digital equipment corp) computers.
During this time i spoke to an onsite engineer who claimed to have been to pine gap to service some DEC gear. He said the computer room was the largest he had ever visited, and that every single bit of equipment had a sheet over it, except the item he was supposed to fix.
When he asked about it, he was told that was the SOP. He was told once he was gone they would be uncovered again

Redfern was great again, as always. Maybe he was too good. Seems like a lot of real estate is being wasted on Anthony Sanchez in this thread.

Finally got the new book in the mail today. Can't wait to read it.

Thanks Gene and Chris for an interesting episode.

The real paranormal enigma is how Nick manages to churn out book after book every 2 months or so!

My money is that it's something involving multiple dimensions, or maybe an unholy Crowleyian pact with Lam ;)

Back