• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 25th show - Queries for Mr. Philips

thefoundryman

chrono-synclastically infundibulated
The current research that Ted and his SIU team are doing regarding Marley woods, http://ufophysical.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68 this is some of the most intense, news breaking stuff I've ever seen! These "White-Haired-Animals", that he has collected this baffling, evidentiary hair-sample from.....My question is; the majority of the samples found, where exactly were they found? On the website, there's a photo of a sample being taken from the lowest section of the barbed wire fence, however, there were several other samples collected. From personal experience, a lot of animals 'scratch' against the fence leaving behind hair on the barbs, or deer sometimes leave hair on the fence as they skim it whilst jumping over, leaving hair only on the top wire, why would this creature leave behind 16" hair samples- was it having a scratch? Crossing the fence? The second part of this question is; Do you suppose this is animal in nature? It doesn't sound like any known dog species, proven by the hair sample testing, or is this an intelligence (standing up on it's hind legs and appearing as large as a bear.) :question:

I have no queries, great show. Downloaded one of the videos from the web site and was quite surprised on the resolution of the video downloaded, it was basically ntsc - pal which is standard camcorder reso, the vid had been recompressed but not in a way to degrade a sample view. This type of Phenomena is a pet or obsesive interest to me.

great show, still listening. i have known about this place for quite some time. the video/photos that were erased off the cell phone could possibly be recovered.
the moonshaft page on his website has fascinated me for years.

Wonderful show,guys!

Ted Philips is really doing some great,pioneering work.One thing that struck me,listening to this show,is how similar the activity in Marley Woods is to the types of phenomena observed in Hessdalen,Norway.
I've always suspected "these things" to be just some form of strange natural phenomena - but after listening to this episode I'm not so sure.There's just too much weird shit going on for this to be the case,IMO.

"UFO" over Hessdalen:

another great show. thanks to the hosts and guest.
i have to say though listening to the accounts of animal mutilation, i would think the military will eventually end up infiltrating the case.

i rather like the idea that ET/NHE's have differing levels of technology, much as is the case here on earth.
the nuts and bolts style discs being of a lower order, than the portal opening, instant transmat type.

if we are seeing a drop off in the nuts and bolts disc craft, perhaps its because the more advanced types have taken an interest in this place, and the less advanced ET/NHE's are hiding, perhaps to avoid detection so's they can spy on the advanced tech in the hopes of duplicating it, or simply as a means to avoid a hostile more powerful type of being.

another great show. thanks to the hosts and guest.
i have to say though listening to the accounts of animal mutilation, i would think the military will eventually end up infiltrating the case.

Is that what happens? Up here in Canada I SAW a mutilated cow when I was Five years old. Due to the "property damage" aspect of the case, the RCMP was called in, and told us not to talk about it, it was predators, etc. Is the military involved in this stuff in the states? :confused:

Good guest, good episode but kind of a rehash for me. Why? Well, it's odd that David mentioned needing to get George Knapp back on the show as I was listening to an episode of C2C online the other day (for the first time in... god... must be months now, I was that bored) where George Knapp was interviewing Ted Philips! Recent too... only a few weeks old I think. Told all the same stories, including the "turned it red" annecdote about the rancher and the big, white "dog".

It's odd that David mentioned needing to get George Knapp back on the show as I was listening to an episode of C2C online the other day (for the first time in... god... must be months now, I was that bored) where George Knapp was interviewing Ted Philips! Recent too... only a few weeks old I think. Told all the same stories, including the "turned it red" annecdote about the rancher and the big, white "dog".
He had a good rehearsal, as he taped the episode with us first. :)

George Knapp? Yes, we're working on it.

He had a good rehearsal, as he taped the episode with us first. :)

George Knapp? Yes, we're working on it.

Ah, well that makes sense... I think... obviously someone in Ted's position will have a limited number of relevant anecdotes to relate.

Good news on Knapp though. He's the only member of the C2C "family" that's even remotely objective or credible and a follow up to your skinwalker chat with him is bound to be interesting.

Good show, really cool to know that this stuff is all going on in real time. I feel bad for the rancher, seeing your prized horse mutilated is scary stuff, enough to make me want to move that same day!

Indeed Mr. Philips collection of data deserves mainstream exposure. I wonder if there are any PR/Publishers out there willing to help Ted put together and disseminate his data in a manner that would get it the proper exposure, particularly among scientists, even if it's a matter of getting a respected scientist to write and attempt to get published an academic article on the data. It's easy to dismiss annecdotal evidence, but much less lab analysis I think.

I hope dave gets to visit the area where this is going on and report back to us. I heard Knapp on an archived BoA podcast last week and thought he was a great guest.

Absolutely fascinating episode. These are some of my favorite episodes, in-the-field investigations of bizarre phenomena taking place right now.

I'm gonna tell 2 anecdotal stories that I think might have some relevance to the stories Philips is telling:

Years ago, I travelled to Marfa TX with some friends to catch a glimpse of the famous lights. We arrived at the site some time around midnight, and at the time the site was nothing more than a gravel clearing for cars to park.

My friends and I stood there for about half an hour in the freezing cold, but we couldn't see anything at all. We were about to leave when I noticed a girl standing on top of a picnic table with a video camera. I walked over to her and asked if she was seeing anything, and she said yes. She was doing an article for a website (called disinfo.com or something like that) and the website let her use their night-vision videocamera.

I looked through the camera off into the distance, and I could see lights moving around! But when I looked with my naked eye, I could see nothing. I called my friends over and they looked through the camera too.

Strangely enough, after a while we could all see the lights with our naked eyes as well. Common sense tells me it was just our eyes adjusting to the darkness, but it seemed like we had already been standing out there long enough for our eyes to adjust.

Anyway, the lights would disappear in one area on the horizon and almost immediately reappear a distance away, just like Philips was describing with that one light near the barn.

My impression of the lights were that they had no intelligence behind them, they seemed to me like a geomagnetic phenomenon. They didn't jump or bounce or anything like that, just a steady cruising in the air above the horizon.

My second story is in the controversial department, so take it with a grain of salt if you must. This experience involves the time I was in Peru participating in an ayahuasca ceremony.

During one of the ceremonies I saw a brilliant intense point of light that would change from amber to blue. It would hover in place over the heads of the shaman, and then silently cruise along from above one shaman to the other.

One of the strange things about the light was that, as it moved, it gave the impression of a tiny directional spotlight, with the intensity being brightest in the direction the light was facing, and dimmer on the side.

(For what it's worth, this was the only "paranormal" experience under ayahuasca that I experienced in what seemed to be completely ordinary awareness.)

Mr Philips described that light mass as being invisible from side/back angles and visible from the "front", as if in a tunnel or pipe. This sounds just like the impression I had of this point of light.

Another thing is that, as opposed to the Marfa lights, I had the definite impression that this point of light had awareness.

I think it's worthwhile to try and find points of contact in these seemingly unrelated strange phenomena. Maybe we can find a previously unrecognized pattern, or a parallel in the familiar natural world.

Is that what happens? Up here in Canada I SAW a mutilated cow when I was Five years old. Due to the "property damage" aspect of the case, the RCMP was called in, and told us not to talk about it, it was predators, etc. Is the military involved in this stuff in the states? :confused:

Oh i think anything that can take down two barn doors and explode a horse inside would be worth a look see by the military, if you can find out how its done, it has great weapons potential

Oh i think anything that can take down two barn doors and explode a horse inside would be worth a look see by the military, if you can find out how its done, it has great weapons potential

Hey maybe a 'big white dog like animal' was gestating inside the horse and was 'born' Aliens style.

So you don't think that state police would show up, file a report and try to rationalize a mundane explanation thereby ending the resources and manpower diverted to this strangeness? That is exactly what happened up here. Cops leave, insurance adjuster calls or shows up, rancher gets a fat cheque to remind him of Mr. Ed.

I love the idea of an area being continually visited, or haunted or what have you. We're all interested in these things. But I am having a lot of trouble getting into this Ted Phillips. Obviously, the biggest problem is that he gives a lot of second hand stories from anonymous sources, inconclusive lights-in-the-sky photographs that take place in an undisclosed location with a fake name. Then he asks for donations and tries to sell T-shirts. Bravo Ted! You got some chutzpah!

PS Foundryman, I love your avatar!:D

...I think it's worthwhile to try and find points of contact in these seemingly unrelated strange phenomena. Maybe we can find a previously unrecognized pattern, or a parallel in the familiar natural world....
Very interesting anecdotes.

I guess that right now the pattern is unmistakable, albeit useless; there's a lot of inexplicable activity out there for which we have no evidence as to either motivation or source. I suspect that's why it appears Vallee, Keel and Hynek, at least, have concluded the "extraterrestrial hypothesis" is probably not the best hypothesis. As I recall David Biedny has related a number of instances of a paranormal nature, some of which have nothing to do with aliens or flying sacuers. While it's possible there's a broad array of paranormal incidents, all with different sources, why, then, would one individual be subjected to such a variety of incidents? And why would so many of us have had no such experiences of any sort? Does the "answer" (and I believe there's likely no answer we're likely to find in our lifetimes) lie in the individual rather than the event? Maybe, instead of trying to find a unifying theory of paranormalcy we need to focus more intently on what the experiencers. Some of that work has been done, I believe, with discreet groups of expereinces, such as abductees, but I don't know if it's been done across all forms of paranormal activities. Is there a common thread in the flying saucer observer, the ghost experiencer and the stigmatic, for example? Has that been done to any extent?

Very interesting anecdotes.

I guess that right now the pattern is unmistakable, albeit useless; there's a lot of inexplicable activity out there for which we have no evidence as to either motivation or source. I suspect that's why it appears Vallee, Keel and Hynek, at least, have concluded the "extraterrestrial hypothesis" is probably not the best hypothesis. As I recall David Biedny has related a number of instances of a paranormal nature, some of which have nothing to do with aliens or flying sacuers. While it's possible there's a broad array of paranormal incidents, all with different sources, why, then, would one individual be subjected to such a variety of incidents? And why would so many of us have had no such experiences of any sort? Does the "answer" (and I believe there's likely no answer we're likely to find in our lifetimes) lie in the individual rather than the event? Maybe, instead of trying to find a unifying theory of paranormalcy we need to focus more intently on what the experiencers. Some of that work has been done, I believe, with discreet groups of expereinces, such as abductees, but I don't know if it's been done across all forms of paranormal activities. Is there a common thread in the flying saucer observer, the ghost experiencer and the stigmatic, for example? Has that been done to any extent?

You make a very salient point about the whole 'paranormal' field. There is a mass of data about the perceived event (including detail descriptions of 'craft' ,'aliens' , scientific analysis of traces, radar data etc etc) but we know little of the actual witness to the events.

One attempt to look at this elusive data was undertook by Dr Keul in a witness study he called 'Anamnesis Protocol' (for a reasonable discussion of this see K Phillips The Psycho-sociology of UFOlogy in : D.Barclay & Therese Barclay (ed)UFO's the final Answer : UFOlogy for the 21st Century). Extrapolating the data from theses studies Philips suggests two hypothesis (and possiably a third, the data is signficant but not as strong as for the first two):

1)The self reported ESP proneness of a witness varies according to the 'perceived' distance of the UFO.

2) The status inconsistency of a witness varies inversely according to the 'perceived' distance of the UFO.

3) The dream scape of the witness is more likely to include incidents of 'flying' and/or UFO's

I am personally quite critical of the 'status inconsistency theory' ( i.e that the phenomena is related to the dissatisfaction of the individual) but never the less it is interesting to see a attempt to actual provide a explanation with scientific data, rather than (as a lot of psychology does) inference.

Still, stripped of the sociological/psychological terminology it would appear that close encounters witness are in some was 'different' than the 'norm' which is at least an area worthy of consideration. Other studies such as that of Moravec (1987) Sprinkle (1988) do show that psychologically the majority of UFO witness are not suffering from any pathological aberrations, ruling out that people witnessing theses events are just 'crazy' as is often cited.

As you suggest a detailed study of other paranormal 'experiancers' may show other unexpected correlations, if only there would be sufficient funding to attempt such research!

Back