• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

James Fox and Tracy Torme will be here, Questions?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
James Fox and Tracy Torme have teamed up to produce a feature film tentatively title 701. This is the number of unexplained cases in Project Blue book. James is best known for his films Out of the Blue and I Know What I Saw. Tracy was chief story editor for Star Trek: Next Generation, and is credited for developing the "Holodeck" concept. He also created, wrote and produced the TV series Sliders, wrote and produced the film about the Travis Walton case Fire in the Sky as well as many other well-known TV shows and films.

The episode will be recorded Wed. April 16 from 2 to 4 PM Eastern. This appears to be the perfect storm of talent to produce an A-list film about UFOs, questions space fanz?

What does Tracy think of Travis Walton.

Did he talk to any of the other workers who with Travis.

What was James Garner like to work with.

I do have a couple questions about the structure and focus of the movie
1.) What cases will the movie focus on and how did you decide which cases to use?
2.) Will there be reenactments of the events with speaking actors? I feel movies/shows are less effective when you are shown a silent reenactment with a voice speaking over the scene.
3.) Will this be a major release seen all over the country?
4.) Have you decided who will narrate the movie? It may be essential to how the mainstream receives this movie. Art Bell maybe??

In the 701 cases that are unexplained, does the government/air force offer any theories or ideas about what people saw or experienced? If so, what are some of the more interesting ones?

For Tracy: What were Travis Walton's thoughts about the changes made to his story in Fire in The Sky? Were these shifts put in to create a more dramatic and traditional storyline for an audience that might not have been able to reconcile his story of meeting what appeared to be humans on board an alien ship?

For James: we know that there are many more than 701 unsolved cases from Bluebook, but why did you choose this specific number? Of the many unsolved Bluebook cases which are your top, little known cases, that provide strong credible evidence for alien ships visiting earth?

When I was younger, I used to believe everything I read in my huge collection of UFO books! As I have grown older (42 now! gulp) I realise that after all these years and all the technology we have on us 24 hours a day such as smartphones etc, we still have almost zero good evidence to support anything tangible in the UFO field. I am seriously beginning to doubt whether UFO's are real at all! I am so disillusioned with it all.

Two of my favourite UFO cases of all time are the Cash-Landrum event and the Zamora - Soccorro event. Looking back now, I honestly believe that both of these events were not alien / out of this world craft at all. What advanced race of beings would require rocket-based thruster type technology to be deployed? Both of these encounters involved craft with some sort of jet / rocket propulsion technology. In the Soccorro case, the craft even "whined" - just like a jet engine does! What aliens would feel the need to stick insignia on the side of their craft? That is a very human trait in my mind.

Do your guest agree with the sentiment that both of these very real encounters were simply test craft flown by the US Air Force or other similar bodies and had nothing to do with alien space craft?

Can I also please request that the very word "Roswell" is kept out of their new documentary? I am so very very bored of Roswell and anything to do with that particular subject... I think James Fox's documentaries are by far some of the best work produced right now and always look forward to new material from James. Its a welcome departure from "Chasing / Hunting UFO's In The Dark with Wobbly Cam and Trying To Fool The Viewer That We Are Watching A Serious Docu-Drama"

Will the stories stay true, or in typical Hollywood fashion will they be embellished and added to for a better film and make them more entertaining to the bigger audience?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I JUST saw this ... and I think I just missed the show! If not, could James Fox further elaborate on what General Merrill McPeak saw vis-a-vis Roswell documents? Thanks. -- Lou

Chris and Gene, Thanks for asking the question. I and another thought we heard James Fox say he has Gen. Merill McPeak mentioning/discussing having seen a table-full of Roswell files, but we can't track it back so, perhaps, we were wrong. Again, thanks for the effort. -- Lou

This was a fantastic episode, I am one of the listeners who almost cannot get enough good UFO stuff - I know some think the show leans too far toward the UFO field but personally, I am happy with the balance.

I really wished we could have had 2 hours for James and 2 hours separately for Tracy. James is never short of things to say and I felt his enthusiasm for 701 rubbing off on myself, getting my interest level of UFOs right back up there!
Tracy mentioned his renewed interest in Pilot's sightings and both he and James told us that they are carefully judging cases to include in 701 and that they were looking for good cases from the last 5 years, so to include something nearly up to the minute. I would strongly urge them to consider the English Channel Islands case with Capt. Ray Bowyer - it's a recent case, with 2 pilots in different aircraft and locations seeing objects of a size on the order of a mile wide. Passengers also corroborate the pilot sighting, which was viewed through binoculars too and in addition to those witnesses in the air, there was radar confirmation I think, from 2 control towers.

I was blown away by the revelation (to me anyway) that the Socorro Blue Book files contained pics and measurements of the footprints of the short humanoids Lonny saw. I had no idea there was such evidence seen by anyone. What were the approx. shoe size of these prints? Were they human-shaped? What kind of footwear might the beings have worn? Whatever happened there, I think it laughable for anyone to try and sell it as a hoax by college kids.

I'm sure I have more points to mention about this great episode but they escape me for now!

Good job and the show, of course, will be getting hopefully both James and Tracy back nearer or just after the theatre release of 701.

Gene: If James sends you a sizzle reel, I'll happily review it for the forum! Shotgun!:p

Back