• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

internet radio, networks and programming

maxwell

for entertainment purposes only
these are just some thoughts from a talk radio fan who is desperate not to be a grown up. i loved Larry King LONG before I knew what he looked like, also Casey Kasem. Great voices of late night radio from the 20th c. Later I became a big fan of Art Bell in the late 1990s...and noticed in part thanks to cyberpunk author William Gibson that the internet was spreading out and creating a new "venue" for performance, creative arts. It's STILL unfolding...still evolving and changing...as much as it has changed since the late 1980s...the first time i was involved with a cybercafe...

it was dot-matrix, grainy hard to see video, but there was intercontinental teleconferencing 1989 style. in fact, it has only improved a little bit...

television sets provide such clear pictures now compared to what an AVERAGE PERSON -- not a savvy user with the most optimal and expensive computer set up -- but average users...

sometimes on MSNBC one can hear a teleconference with a peculiar audio-artifact-laden whine, a sound that lets the listener know it's particularly streamed audio, it has different sound quirks from a telephone sound, or AM radio...

--------

what i wonder is: what would a world without YouTube be like?

because i remember living in one, not that long ago. i also am old enough to remember a world where people didn't use parenthesis and colons to explain their happiness or sadness, too...oh, well. (i need some Superelasticbubbleplastic if anyone has any.)

a world without YouTube: as in, people put their heads and hearts together and come out with a way for people to enjoy streamed 'net based video that OBSOLESCES YouTube. Marginalizes it, puts it where YouTube was in 1989, which is to say, it wasn't. No more YouTube, anymore. Gone. Like the Edsel or the dodo, gone.

---
It will probably stick around. There tend to be people who WANT censorship, who don't want to think for themselves, and they attract the low witted and disgusting. There is room, basically for 'net video networks that cater to people who want to DISCERN in their choices.

as in the subject matter featured specifically in this area of enquiry.

in 2011 it could happen that there would be complete and full government disclosure, the secrecy ends and the truth becomes day-to-day conversation.

that would change the nature of forums like this completely -- it would change the nature of just about everything. but -- there were people thinking in 1969 -- the year this writer was born -- that were thinking that disclosure could happen that year, too. meaning realistically that the Secret Keepers, the Big People could remain effectively, successfully, "safely" in denial for ANOTHER forty years of stealing from taxpayers, building up military strongmen with billiondollar mansions...

---

in the meantime,

a internet hub where one could punch in the URL and it would ALREADY BE ON. streaming something, 24/hours. with buttons so that one could choose a different channel if one wanted to.

if people want to have discussions -- they are NOT ON THE SAME PAGE AS THE VIDEO. one clicks away to a different screen.

not crowded, overcrowded with so many choices that choosing becomes problematic. easy to use.

am i advertising my idea? or my 'idea man' skills? really, from experience i have realised that i know, now, how to cull the nerds and useless non-intellectuals - people who would rather spend all their time THINKING than ever DOING anything...there are people of both thought AND action -- although in these Bush Aftermath years, we are despised as being informed and generally HONEST sources of actual information and INSIGHT rather than fascist neo-nazi propaganda masquerading as some religious backwash.

at this Nixonian time of national brainwash it only takes the denier to say 'well, those people are all nuts, who believe in that, our leaders say it's not founded, it's not founded,' and the BushWash of BrainWashington Goes On.

Here, in full color, the System of Active Denial, Psychotronic, for the People.

cybermyth_american_swastika.jpg

(for entertainment purposes only.)

I like. Some projects I am working on may just add an extra element to net-based media very soon. B)

OH MY FUCKING GOD CAPTAIN JACK? dude where the fuck did you go!!!!!!!!!! Im a huge fan of your work I downloaded everyshow of yours for like 2 years and you just like vanished!? Jack Im not sure if you remember but I wrote a e mail not to long ago into your show called MIND WEAPONS OVER THE U.K? man I didnt expect to see you here! your a hero! Im rather excited at seeing you here, i'll calm down. lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

After my little girl excited response to Captain being here, Badlands was Really the first Talk radio I became Intrested in there was also a british show (Which is where I live) called the night before on kerrang radio, its the show where edger mitchell was interveiwed and it hit world news I was there live haha.

OH MY FUCKING GOD CAPTAIN JACK? dude where the fuck did you go!!!!!!!!!! Im a huge fan of your work I downloaded everyshow of yours for like 2 years and you just like vanished!? Jack Im not sure if you remember but I wrote a e mail not to long ago into your show called MIND WEAPONS OVER THE U.K? man I didnt expect to see you here! your a hero! Im rather excited at seeing you here, i'll calm down. lol

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

After my little girl excited response to Captain being here, Badlands was Really the first Talk radio I became Intrested in there was also a british show (Which is where I live) called the night before on kerrang radio, its the show where edger mitchell was interveiwed and it hit world news I was there live haha.

I do remember that in fact. I am still here, lingering and lurking and yes still broadcasting after a much needed break. Thanks for the support! I check out the forums now and again. Love the new look and layout here. Awesome job staff!

I do remember that in fact. I am still here, lingering and lurking and yes still broadcasting after a much needed break. Thanks for the support! I check out the forums now and again. Love the new look and layout here. Awesome job staff!

Looking foward to tuning in in one hour! I have a question actually Jack, Long time ago on your show there was somebody you interviewed who talked about some stone or rock or something, where you could project yourself into some alien relm or something along the lines of that I think it was in peru.. let me know if you rememember it thanks!

Back