• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

India and UFOs

CryptoGuru

Skilled Investigator
Hi,

I live in Mumbai, India and have been an avid UFO buff since childhood. Since 1989, after reading Erich von Däniken's "Chariot of the Gods" and Berlitz Charles "The Bermuda Triange" , I have taken to UFO research in a more serious manner and pursued the subject on and off.

As a newcomer to this forum, I would like to share some of my thoughts on this subject in the days to come.

I listen to many paranormal podcast but theParacast seems to be the most balanced among them. And the main reason for being to ready to contribute here.

India has a great deal of paranormal stories but very less UFO. It is virgin territory as far as UFO flaps or sightings are concerned. Therefore most of my research has been on worldwide events.

So, I will end my brief introduction here..

Thank You

CryptoGuru

What are the dominant types of paranormal activities that take place in India? Do you think there are any specific cultural connections that help define the types of embedded paranormal features you find as you compare different societies?

Yes. Culture clearly has an impact on the paranormal activities. In the case of India where superstition and religious beliefs are high, there are more cases of ghosts and spirits than say ufos and aliens. The last movie about Aliens by a superstar here bombed at the box office.

How about reincarnation?

Yes. Most people here believe in Re-incarnation. As do most people believe that if they are suffering in the present life, it is because of the misdeeds in the previous life. There have been lot of cases of re-incarnation in India and most recently there was a child born with four legs and four hands and the parents are assuming he is a re-carnation of one of the 10 million Hindu gods, called Brahma. So there is no scientific basis for the beliefs here.

I have had a scientific bent of mind and hence cannot call much of the cases here as truly paranormal but more of superstition. There is also a tradition of Grandpas telling their grandchildren stories from the past or mythology adding new fictional tit bits in each generation.

Honestly, I have not much research about the paranormal in India except for those that occasionally come up in the media. There are some television channels making money from the paranormal angle as also lot of movies about ghosts and re-incarnation for many many years.

But nothing much on UFOs. There used to be a website called indiadaily.com that used to publish some ufo stories out of india but they have shut down some time back.

The Government is pretty tight lipped on this subject. The new defense minister's twitter account posted some YouTube videos on recent UFO cases but that was taken down and ridiculed by the press.

There is however some interesting thing I heard about a person supposedly being a Time Traveler from a friend who happens to be a credible source as he is a CEO of a company. He coincidentally came to know about my own interest in this subject and started narrating about having met a guy during his management studies who then suddenly vanished. All efforts to trace him were futile. He had a strange name for an Indian and there have been some talk about an army institute in India that is involved in Time Travel technologies though I have no evidence to prove this except for some articles posted on the net about an american having traveled to India and then lived in the same city in India where the time travel research was happening.

When I hear such news, I generally put my researcher hat and use all the ways possible to dig up more information. Mostly through google search using advanced search methods. And I did not come up much about this institute having engaged in this kind of technology though I did come across online posting by the gentleman from the city where the army institute is located and that proved he was in India and in that city.

I cannot remember his name but will elaborate later on that.

Back