• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I urge you to join Paracast+

I have a lot of posts, and im signed up for 2 years.

Well worth it too

No offense to either Gene or Chris (love your work guys), but right now it is a time thing for me and I have very little.
I am not posting as much as I have in the past because day to day working life is crazy, I just started teaching audio engineering and I am up to my eyes in it (anyone who is a teacher knows what I am dealing with right now).

Sign up? yeah for sure I will do that but not just yet as I do not have the time to make use of it or even sad to say listen to the shows :(

Just got to get to Easter and the end of the first term ... it still seems so far away and it is only a few weeks.

It is 9am here and I have been in my class room since 7am getting a practical lecture sorted for today... what they don't tell you when you start teaching is about all the extra non paid hours you do to get lessons ready. The class is at 10am

[...] day to day working life is crazy, I just started teaching audio engineering and I am up to my eyes in it (anyone who is a teacher knows what I am dealing with right now)

:D

Just got to get to Easter and the end of the first term ... it still seems so far away and it is only a few weeks.

:p It's coming lickety-split. We're on a 3-term schedule so we've just finished report cards for 2nd term, but the end of the year (and testing) is bearing down fast. I am soooo ready for summer break this year.

It is 9am here and I have been in my class room since 7am getting a practical lecture sorted for today... what they don't tell you when you start teaching is about all the extra non paid hours you do to get lessons ready. The class is at 10am

What I can offer is that it gets better as the years roll on. One learns how to make the best of one's time. It does get better, Stonehart, it does. I love the lifestyle. Can't be beat imo. :)

:D

:p It's coming lickety-split. We're on a 3-term schedule so we've just finished report cards for 2nd term, but the end of the year (and testing) is bearing down fast. I am soooo ready for summer break this year.

What I can offer is that it gets better as the years roll on. One learns how to make the best of one's time. It does get better, Stonehart, it does. I love the lifestyle. Can't be beat imo. :)

Thanks

Yes I am loving it but right now it is hard going as my predecessor left no lesson plans and a pile of messy handouts and notes.
So I am rebuilding a course as I am going...

Based in the U.K, it cost me £34 for the year. That's the price of 2 Blu Ray films..FOR A YEAR. This is a quality show and paying up to support the content produced is worth it. On the other hand, had many a giggle with the ad's. I'm not sure if Alex Jones is trying to sell me Gold, Immortality or vitamin pills :)

The ads are annoying, we all know that but Gene has created an option for us to avoid them. Yes there is a cost involved but we all have to make a living, without the ads it has to be paid for somehow. The After The Paracast is worth the five dollars and then some, if you haven't heard it you owe it to yourself to purchase a month's worth and listen. One thing I would love to hear would be an occasional ATP round table with forum members. Some of my favorite episodes are the members of the forum like RPJ, Burnt State and Goggs. A sit down with forum members on a podcast would be excellent. Gene and Chris, I am going through a tough personal time and I want to thank you for giving me a few hours away from dealing with loss of a parent. Thank you.

Thank you.

Just FYI: I know some of you wonder about the download counts of episodes list in Paracast+. One thing I've learned is that the numbers online reflect only those episodes you download via the Download Now function in the forum. If you use our online player, or download via the special RSS link we provide for subscribers, the numbers don't count towards the total. So over time, you'll see the total numbers listed go down even though membership is expanding.

Of course we'd like to see it grow faster. :)

If you're not a member, of course, I realize none of this will make any sense.

Gene and Chris - Just wanted to say how much I am appreciating the Paracast+ RSS feed. I have listened to the Paracast for many years. I joined plus to recognise and reward the work that goes into this. However it was too much unnecessary effort for me to download manually each week.

Now Paracast+ episodes just magically appear on my android, along with the 30 other podcasts I subscribe to. Thank you (and the developers involved) for making it easy.

Gene and Chris - Just wanted to say how much I am appreciating the Paracast+ RSS feed. I have listened to the Paracast for many years. I joined plus to recognise and reward the work that goes into this. However it was too much unnecessary effort for me to download manually each week.

Now Paracast+ episodes just magically appear on my android, along with the 30 other podcasts I subscribe to. Thank you (and the developers involved) for making it easy.
Hi

What podcast app do you use? I'm on pocketcast and while it's good, I don't think it supports authenticated downloads. Just curious, I'm not a subscriber (yet - plan to be once I get my working visa sorted)

Back