• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I need help. I am actually scared.

peachie

Paranormal Novice
Lately, something has been following me and I can't figure out what it is. I've always been able to see things, when turnin my head really fast or in my peripheral vision, I've seen spirits, demon, many things. But this thing, it just observes me. It watches me, like its studying me closely. It started out with standing at a far distance. Now, I could be in a small room and it will be standing right next to me, starting at the side of my face.

Its terrifying me and I'm frightened for my wellbeing.

Its a tall, lanky figure, all black. No face, no hair, nothing. The surface of its body gleams, almost like polished tar or smooth black marble. It can run by doorways and sometimes, it lurches over with a hunchback. I never hear a noise from it and when it stands still, it doesn't move a muscle. I see iit in curved mirrors at work sometimes but when I turn the corner, its gone. Please help? Any ideas what this might be?

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

Lately, something has been following me and I can't figure out what it is. I've always been able to see things, when turnin my head really fast or in my peripheral vision, I've seen spirits, demon, many things. But this thing, it just observes me. It watches me, like its studying me closely. It started out with standing at a far distance. Now, I could be in a small room and it will be standing right next to me, starting at the side of my face.

Its a tall, lanky figure, all black. No face, no hair, nothing. The surface of its body gleams, almost like polished tar or smooth black marble. It can run by doorways and sometimes, it lurches over with a hunchback. I never hear a noise from it and when it stands still, it doesn't move a muscle. I see iit in curved mirrors at work sometimes but when I turn the corner, its gone. Please help? Any ideas what this might be?

Assuming the post is serious, then you should seek some professional assistance from an independent qualified therapist who can determine if only you can see the figure, or more precisely whether or not it's a hallucination, optical artifact enhanced by the imagination, or something objectively real, and if it appears not to be objectively real, can refer you to the right doctors to determine whether or not there is a medical explanation.

Strange things are seen by perfectly normal people, so this isn't an offhanded dismissal. It's just a more responsible place to start than by looking for help from paranormal people first. There are too many quacks and woomongers with whacky beliefs who could lead you ( irresponsibly IMO ) away from the help you should be getting.

Last edited:
As suggested by US, start with your general practitioner doctor.

As for the fear, apart from seeing something, have you been hurt physically ? If not then there is no cause for panic.

Personally i don't subscribe to the notion that spirits or demons are real, I don't believe in supernatural mechanisms, that whatever is happening has a rational material world explanation.

My first instinct is hallucinations and a Doctor is the best place to start if that's the case.

Assuming the post is serious, then you should seek some professional assistance from an independent qualified therapist who can determine if only you can see the figure, or more precisely whether or not it's a hallucination, optical artifact enhanced by the imagination, or something objectively real, and if it appears not to be objectively real, can refer you to the right doctors to determine whether or not there is a medical explanation.

Strange things are seen by perfectly normal people, so this isn't an offhanded dismissal. It's just a more responsible place to start than by looking for help from paranormal people first. There are too many quacks and woomongers with whacky beliefs who could lead you ( irresponsibly IMO ) away from the help you should be getting.
That's what scares me the most, is that I'm just hallucinating this but when I see it, it looks so physically real, like I could touch it and it'd be smooth like pollished marble. I'm afraid if I tell a professional, they'll perscribe medication I can't pay for or suggest J stay in a facility or something. I don't want to find out I'm actually just crazy.

I take it you cant photograph it ? and that no one else sees it ?

Medical costs in the US are a real shame, try these guys

Headlines | The Pro Bono Counseling Project

You don't have to keep paying for medication, but its worth a try even in the short term so you can rule it in or out as an explanation.

There is no shame in having a mental health issue, it can strike anyone and like catching a cold or tripping and breaking a bone, There is no shame in it happening to you if that's what it is.

Avoid terms like "crazy" A chemical imbalance can cause lots of things. There is no shame in diabetes, so why should you worry if you might have one that's causing visual hallucinations.

Our body's are complex machines, and they break down sometimes. Have a chat with the people in the link above, and let us know how things go.

Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what scares me the most, is that I'm just hallucinating this but when I see it, it looks so physically real, like I could touch it and it'd be smooth like pollished marble. I'm afraid if I tell a professional, they'll perscribe medication I can't pay for or suggest J stay in a facility or something. I don't want to find out I'm actually just crazy.
There's probably less to worry about than you imagine. I know someone who has experienced what's called "night terrors" that take the form of perfectly real seeming visions of creatures and people after waking up. They eventually just went away on their own. Just talking about it can be helpful too, so you're taking the right steps. There are also often volunteer or charity run counsellors, even if your system doesn't normally provide free services. Google them and see if there are any in your area. Also, if there's a medical reason, it has nothing to do with being "crazy", and detection could even save your life. I imagine it's hard to face, but it's worth checking into. Be brave and keep trying to get to the bottom of it!

There's probably less to worry about than you imagine. I know someone who has experienced what's called "night terrors" that take the form of perfectly real seeming visions of creatures and people after waking up. They eventually just went away on their own. Just talking about it can be helpful too, so you're taking the right steps. There are also often volunteer or charity run counsellors, even if your system doesn't normally provide free services. Google them and see if there are any in your area. Also, if there's a medical reason, it has nothing to do with being "crazy", and detection could even save your life. I imagine it's hard to face, but it's worth checking into. Be brave and keep trying to get to the bottom of it!
You have no idea how much all of this means to me. You guys are real life savers, I'm in tears. Thank you, so much for all of the help. I'll try all of these resources.

As others have said, I would stay away from paranormal practitioners, psychics or anyone of that ilk. They would probably all confirm your worst fears and seek to sell you energy work or some sort of treatment that would part you from your money. Frankly, I would agree to start with mainstream medical evaluation. No one is going to put you into an asylum and throw away the key. If someone wants this power over you, just walk out upfront.

You are not the first to experience this take comfort in also knowing that fact. but please follow the advice set out with some of the forum members above, then if it's not hallucinations we can move forward from there.

Hey i hope your doing ok, im writing because my brother had a very similar situation for a few years which he finally got rid of. It(I think it resembled a monk dressed in black) would approach him from his peripheral vision and his usual response was to get fearful and react in one way or another. What he did was just ignore it, let it pass and pay it no mind. It was the last time he saw it.

You have no idea how much all of this means to me. You guys are real life savers, I'm in tears. Thank you, so much for all of the help. I'll try all of these resources.

If it's any consolation, a key aspect of all of this is that it doesn't seem to really hurt people.

With Skinwalker, for example - it damaged property, animals, and messed with people's heads... but never seemed to actually hurt anyone.

With my own experiences, I have never seemed to actually have been harmed in any way. Messed with, sure. Terrified. But I'm still here.

The furthest that even some of the worst experiences seem to go seems to be some scratches and bruises. So try to live in the question, try to keep your wits about you, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Back