• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

High Strangeness in your Back Yard

HotSoup

Skilled Investigator
Short and sweet, share your experiences with identified flying objects lingering around your residence.

Once upon a time on a sunny day, I looked up and watched a helecopter hover a hundred feet over my place, at times doubling back, this has happened a few times throughout the last few years, the reason is mysterious, albeit strange. Are they even allowed to fly so low...who knows.

Lets hear from you.

Where to start............................

This house im living in has been the strangest place ever.
It started 10 years before i bought the place.................
As a 14 year old lad, i suddenly had the urge to go bush one day.
I got on a train at grand central station and headed out of the city, about 90 mins later the train pulled into a station, without knowing why i just jumped up and got off, and found myself in a deserted little village, a train station and a post office that was it (plus houses) i didnt even notice the name of the stop/suburb
At random i started walking and wound up inside the national park. spent the day there and came home. i remember two houses on a bend in the road that led into the park.
10 years later a real estate agent was showing my wife and i some houses as we were in the market to purchase our first home.
As we got closer to the house in question it dawned on me it was one of those houses.
We bought it.
One night i woke up hearing things banging around in the lounge room, it sounded like a burglar was going through our stuff. i couldnt move. i kept looking at the doorway then away, then back again.
Suddenly the doorway wasnt empty. below is a recreation of what i saw

Jun18.jpg

It "slid" into the room as if on casters, and then without changing its facing "slid" sideways up the side of the bed. i passed out in fright.
It would have been 7 or 8 feet tall

Weeks later the house was buzzed by a black helicopter, it flew so low and close the house shook and i could see the individual rivets on the fuselage. it circled the house 3 times, with a noise like stacatto thunder and left.

On another occasion i got up to find my three rottweilers who sleep on a raised platform under the stairs had had their winter nightcoats removed,(it gets cold here in winter) all three coats were still done up, to this day i cant figure out how this was done, its a feat worthy of houdini.

I also have a water feature/art work/sculpture thingy which had three black pebbles arranged feng shui style as part of its layout. one day one pebble was missing, it turned up , inside an upstairs wardrobe, how it got from its original location is unknown, neither my wife or i moved it, and the pebbles are beyond the reach of dogs or visiting children.

There is other stuff of a deeply personal nature, but it tends to (understandably) invoke the giggle factor so i'll refrain fom posting them

It "slid" into the room as if on casters, and then without changing its facing "slid" sideways up the side of the bed. i passed out in fright. It would have been 7 or 8 feet tall

Thanks for sharing! Wow, how creepy is that?

This is reminiscent of several cases I have read about over the years, including Whitley Strieber's. Puppet or robot-like things with the motion of the limbs and torso appearing stiff and unnatural sometimes appearing to glide rather than walk. The movie Communion does a good job of portraying this aspect. I think some people look at it and think, "crappy fx", but in reality it is portraying things as they have been described in some reports.

The idea bears light, why was it there, rummaging around your stuff? This seems the most intriguing aspect. Almost as if it was trying to learn something. The adventure to the residence as boy may compel some details to surface.

Ehrm...I had something similar happening to me about ten (7 it seems after reading my email) years ago..(I'm not being sarcastic or kidding about this now). I woke up in my bedroom and couldn't move a limb, but felt distinctly awake.

At the foot of my bed, I saw a dwarf like hooded figure (really not unlike the star wars dudes), not paying me any attention, searching through my desk.... I even wrote this email to someone:

'Hi Person,

thank you for the reply. :)

I saw 'it' just once, at least thats the only situation I really recall.It felt very very real and I ruled out sleep paralysis on this (to the best of my knowledge at least).I think 3 foot is about right (I'd guess 120cm)and I never saw the eyes. I wonder if these 'beings' are around all the time, or just can be seen when one has a moment of sudden clarity?
I read a lot of other peoples experiences with something similar, what in hindsight seems even more odd to me is that the 'being' seemed to be working on something and it didn't turn to me nor pay me any attention.
Odd to explain this, but at the moment this happened I was very aware that 'something' wasn't right. No psychological or health problems here as well. It happened 7 years ago, and I still can clearly see that image.
I guess it also was somewhat of a tipping point for me to get interested into the paranormal which isn't a bad thing afterall. :)

Thank you very very much.

All the best
'

Make of that what you will, I can only say it happened. Might have been sleep paralysis as it is often accompanied by some sort of delusional factor, but that moment is still fairly anchored in my mind. It never happened again though.

The perpetuation of these figures rummaging through peoples things, or apparently busy doing an activity is fascinating. This moment of sudden clarity is something reminiscent of a eureka moment, where one suddenly realizes the reality of a situation. I wonder if there are any more details concerning the scene? From either.

If i saw one of those things rummaging around in my room, i don't think i would ever stop screaming.. EVER!

Mike- they're not on castors, they sort of float/slide- like those high speed trains racing above the tracks in Japan.

Hal- you do scream, totally freak out, but you do stop and have a little break down, wipe away the tears and fight your way back to reality and settle back into workaholism or whatever each person is comfortable using to escape thinking about that encounter- or that other one - or that------- then you lose your mind and turn into another Greer, Meirer or most of the other experiencers that couldn't stop thinking about it

Not easy

That totally creeps me out.. though, it sounds like a vicious case of PTSD and there are some nice easy treatments out for that these days, I've had luck with EMDR if your interested.

Mike- they're not on castors, they sort of float/slide- like those high speed trains racing above the tracks in Japan.

Hal- you do scream, totally freak out, but you do stop and have a little break down, wipe away the tears and fight your way back to reality and settle back into workaholism or whatever each person is comfortable using to escape thinking about that encounter- or that other one - or that------- then you lose your mind and turn into another Greer, Meirer or most of the other experiencers that couldn't stop thinking about it

Not easy

Yeah, i didnt see the feet, but im pretty sure they were not on castors or roller skates lol, its just that the legs stayed straight and didnt scissor like legs normally do when people walk, it just "slid" forwards, and then sideways like it was on a conveyor belt.
The fear was unlike anything ive ever experienced before, it felt like i literally fainted with fright as it slid up my side of the bed towards my head, i remember to my eternal shame thinking "take my wife not me" before passing out.
The next morning i woke up with full recall, and flew out of bed, and stood there with my arms out panting, my wife woke up and asked what was wrong.
I went to work at the hospital where i was the manager of the computer dept, and had no intention of telling anyone for obvious reasons, but as soon as i walked in the door the staff at the front desk asked me what was wrong, saying i looked like i was in shock. Even hours later people could see the effect it had on me on my face.

The fear was almost beyond description, it felt like my humanity and reason had been stripped from me, leaving a primal beast behind.

When i finally decided that there might be more to the UFO thing then just a bunch of jokes, i was in a daze for a couple of weeks. The whole paradigm shift was HUGE. I don't envy anyone who might have had to experience "aliens" on a level that is beyond hypothetical.

Though, i've had a freaky ghost experience or two... but that still doesn't have the same impact.

hk

Hak, how were you able to resolve the experience and its impact on you? How did this change (if it did) your philosophy of life?

Ah, I sense that someone else gets a shocking glimpse into the reality of this unreality. Now try to imagine having this happen to you since your earliest memories. Daytime - up close- with witnesses- over and over throughout your lifetime??? Hak, there are no easy treatments for this. No way to reverse something that grew with your early mental development. It is hardwired. I have discussed this with my psychologist - who also is a professor at a world class university, and also happens to be the doctor on Dorthy Izzatts DVD.

Raw - terror is watching a grey reaching for you as you're screaming for your mommy - when you're four years old. Fear is something you feel every day because they are probably coming for you again today!

Sorry, I try to stay out of these discussions, but read your posts and had to add my two cents. I tried explaining some of this when Budd Hopkins talked me into being on the Paracast a year and a half ago, but In retrospect -realize I was too scared - nervous to really paint a coherent picture of a lifetime of experiences. I have learned my story is exactly the same for many, many I have met and/or talked to since. All of these people don't share - except with others like themselves. One teaches at a very famous medical school - and I was the first person she had ever spewed out her life story. It is sad we still have no safe place even fifty years later.

Doug

GDT, (I don't really want to make this about me, but...)

The ghost impact does actually have significant parallels.
I experienced the haunted house at a young age from nursery school to the 2nd grade. It was NOT a pleasant experience. I was significantly tormented and lived in fear every night that i lived in that house. I also suffered from abuse and neglect from my poor pathetic parents.

I did end up with a hyper awareness, a hard wired fight or flight response. Ultimately I developed autoimmune disease, partially due to the constant stressors that my body is under from being hyper aware. If i am surprised, or have some triggered fear, a bolt of electricity will go through my body, and sometimes it is quite painful.:frown:

Knowing what the issues are, I have armed myself with many therapies that work synergistically.
Yoga, Karate, meditation, brain waves, food, EMDR, Rolfing, amino acids... and when all else fails, i go for the anti-depressants. I also work for myself, in a quite atmosphere.

I understand the pain of PTSD, and i don't mean to sound like I'm making light of it, i have personal experience and i have to work every day to not let it take over my life more then it already has. Once again i apologize if i sound like i'm being flippant.
I said "easy" treatments, because the process of therapy can sometimes be overwhelming and become a deterent in and of itself. EMDR is quite effective, and not nearly as painful as much therapy can be.

EMDR worked miracles for me, and so did the Rolfing/somatic therapies. Yes i still suffer from anxiety and depression, but I've been released from an invisible cage that i use to live in due to being highly defensive.

Hak, how were you able to resolve the experience and its impact on you? How did this change (if it did) your philosophy of life?
We are all evolving, but we must allow ourselves to evolve. Fear, depression, denial and anger will block this process.

I don't have a philosophy on life.. i was brought up as an atheist, but I've had enough bizarre experiences to develop a belief that there is so much more then we can possibly understand. The issue of aliens did make me feel literally dizzy for a couple of weeks, but I'm still me, just more curious. :rolleyes:

I think i saw a UFO in my neighborhood as a child when i lived in Farmington, NM and i have denied myself that understanding for a long long time. Now, i think it is a real possibility.

All this discussion does make you think about how these experiences have affected people's lives and many of them, not for the better. Sometimes i think people who are severely skeptical are just in a form of denial themselves.

I wonder how it affected Mike's life.

Hal, good points. I don't know what these Greys were, as a small child - they were tiny grey scary midgets to me. No difference to ghosts - actually possibly all connected somehow.

Thanks for all the info, but I've learned to cope, meditate, shut off the electrical sensation etc. I was just trying to paint a picture of the under currents and add to the fear you and Mike were describing. It is through these first steps of understanding these feelings that I- we learn that it isn't normal to be hyper aware, anxious, uptight etc. When that's all you know - have felt your whole life- how do you know what is not normal. I have laughed with others like me about that - as a lot of us have been lucky/insightful enough to slowly realize the differences and make adjustments. (not change as I was trying to explain- total change- to normal- whatever that is- is not possible- nor needed). When I see someone walking down the street - by themselves- with a huge smile on their face - that is the only time it yanks big time on my heart- as I am jealous and regret I probably will never reach/ nor even understand that type of happiness. At least I have reached a level of change where my past anger is gone---- I used to grumpily just write them off as village idiots- as only retards could be so totally unaware of the problems in this world to be so happy!!! Ha ha

I have recently gotten help with my lifetime of sleep problems so I am damn glad for advancement in the pharmacuetical field. How to you spell relief- snoozzzzzzze

Anyways - it is good talking about all of this. Isn't that all therapy is?

I wonder how it affected Mike's life.

Autoimmune disease...................

And a new way of thinking, very hard to describe this aspect.

Its as if a simple concept gets extrapolated topographically, i "see" bigger pictures, complex connections , spanning out from a root concept.
Very hard to describe, its like a scene from sherlock holmes, the character picks up one single clue, but then can tell watson all about the person what his habits are, where he was educated etc etc

Back