• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hi and just enough knowledge to get myself into trouble

ManikDragon

Paranormal Novice
Hi,
I'm very new to the forums and the show. I dropped lucky whilst searching for occult podcasts. Really like the show, (adverts are annoying but necessary :) ), I like the mix of skepticism and open minds.

I'm a 38 year old satellite engineer and since a very young age I've been open to the idea of high strangeness as my mother was a working medium and somehow always used to know when I was up to mischief :).
We used to travel between Stoke on Trent and Manchester each weekend to see family and we've had many a strange light and uap experience.
In the late 1980's we were travelling back from Manchester to home in Stoke, going the back roads way home through congleton, when I noticed a very bright light coming up behind us. At the time we had an uno turbo that was reasonably quick but had very good acceleration. The light appeared to be a car coming up behind us but as it approached the back of us it veered up and left and was about 10 meters away and perhaps 3 meters off the ground.
My mother put her foot down at this point and we accelerated from 40mph to well over 100mph in a short space of time and this light kept pace with us the whole time. As the road became smaller and more twisty we slowed and again the light kept pace with us.
This carried on until we approached the next village, at this point, the light accelerated forward then did a 90 degree turn upwards at an impossible speed.
My father was in the RAF and I've been to loads of air shows and I've seen the red arrows perform impossible manoeuvres like this but there has always been engine noise and a crowd to watch! This was silent.
I'm not saying it was anything other than strange. It happened in the dark and at no point could we make out a shape behind the very bright light, and it only happened once.

There have been other sightings of cigar shaped objects high up in the sky but this incident described above was definitely the weirdest :)

Well, hello to all on the forum and I look forward to chatting to you all and to Gene and Chris, please keep up the good work!

Hello and welcome to the forum.
From reading your post I think you would enjoy listening to any and all of the Nick Redfern episodes because he is originally from the midlands (where you had your sighting).
_46879160_knot226.jpg
tumblr_mntoirELqD1qki43ko1_500.jpg

I am a Londoner but spent a lot of time visiting my grandparents who lived in a tiny village near Stone.

Thanks for the welcome :) I love oatcakes with cheese and bacon or just folded into quarters with butter on *grin*

I used to live in Stone on Kingston drive and valley road. It's really changed though now, all the villageness(?) has gone and it's definitely not what it used to be. I live in Shropshire now (Oswestry) and there is the Berwyn mountains nearby where there was a crash in 1974 (the welsh Roswell).
There has also been strange military aircraft training going on from the US base in Machynlleth, although there isn't a base according to google. The planes that are being flown seem to be all prop types, very few jets.

Regards

Matt

Hi,
I'm very new to the forums and the show. I dropped lucky whilst searching for occult podcasts. Really like the show, (adverts are annoying but necessary :) ), I like the mix of skepticism and open minds.

I'm a 38 year old satellite engineer and since a very young age I've been open to the idea of high strangeness as my mother was a working medium and somehow always used to know when I was up to mischief :).
We used to travel between Stoke on Trent and Manchester each weekend to see family and we've had many a strange light and uap experience.
In the late 1980's we were travelling back from Manchester to home in Stoke, going the back roads way home through congleton, when I noticed a very bright light coming up behind us. At the time we had an uno turbo that was reasonably quick but had very good acceleration. The light appeared to be a car coming up behind us but as it approached the back of us it veered up and left and was about 10 meters away and perhaps 3 meters off the ground.
My mother put her foot down at this point and we accelerated from 40mph to well over 100mph in a short space of time and this light kept pace with us the whole time. As the road became smaller and more twisty we slowed and again the light kept pace with us.
This carried on until we approached the next village, at this point, the light accelerated forward then did a 90 degree turn upwards at an impossible speed.
My father was in the RAF and I've been to loads of air shows and I've seen the red arrows perform impossible manoeuvres like this but there has always been engine noise and a crowd to watch! This was silent.
I'm not saying it was anything other than strange. It happened in the dark and at no point could we make out a shape behind the very bright light, and it only happened once.

There have been other sightings of cigar shaped objects high up in the sky but this incident described above was definitely the weirdest :)

Well, hello to all on the forum and I look forward to chatting to you all and to Gene and Chris, please keep up the good work!

A fascinating experience and an excellent report. You and I and millions of others have had these experiences and reported on or shared them, and all of them are required reading if we are ever going to understand what's going on. Thanks for your description and welcome to the Paracast. :)

And if you have the time,
You can intellectually dine,
On the consciousness & paranormal thread
And expand your head.

Welcome to the forums. Thanks for sharing your unique experience. Hope everyone treats you well during your stay. Lots of great curious folk out here ready to engage you.

Back