• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Global Warming

Free episodes:

All it takes is a critical mass before a new meme becomes the rule of the day. Man-made global warming is a joke, but it seems to have reached the summit of critical mass. Well, at least we'll have to start buying products that produce less carbon. It's about the revitalization of industry really, new horizons for investment by those who can afford to invest.

Read an article recently about the mercury in those florescent light bulbs. The author suggested that all of them should be dealt with with an environmentally sound manner due to the mercury content. Does anyone have evidence that is happening? Or are we to continue to poison our land fills with ever more toxic debris? Has that hit critical mass too? I truly don't know.

Man made global warming is at best unproven, I think natural climate change is real but there is nothing we can do about it at present. Forcing people to reduce their carbon footprint is going to do no good and only harm, partically to people in the third world. I sometimes fear all this global warming panic will ultimately lead to what will go down in history as the Green Terror. I hope it will not be as bad as the Red Terror of 20th century Russia.

Here is a link to a good film, The Great Global Warming Swindle:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7299668110171032533&q=great+global+warming+swindle&total=116&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

There are many more scientists that claim man-made global warming is real to some effect. To what extent is unknown. But to say it is a hoax is coming to a conclusion when all the data is really not there. It seems many people come conclusions based on what side they feel better supporting. I try to look at both sides, but is is irrelevant, because it is either partially our fault or has nothing to do with us. This is regardless of my own personal thoughts and values.

I don't think we will truly know one way or another how much we impact our planet in this way if at all. In the meantime, our chief source of energy in this country continues to be digging in the ground and burning stuff. I mean what harm can come from alternative energy sources?? Only good can come from this in my view as far as future human advancement. Pollution is not good although I'm sure someone out there would argue that it is.

The outcome of "us" playing a major part in global warming and ignoring it could be devastating. If we aren't the culprits and we still change our ways environmentally, what is the harm? It seems inevitable that someday we will run out of dinosaur goo to power our country. What next? What is the next resource that we will wage war in the name of?

This GW debate is as polarized as anything else. Truth be told we will never get to an honest consensus because everyone has an interest to hold. Except the interest of the future of our planet and species.

I can't say which side I support because I support the truth. In that case a complete enigmatic, hidden truth whatever it is. Time and research may tell.

And here is a link that conveys both schools of thought and research apparently. It is a good podcast also investigating many topics with an open and critical mind, something we see lacking on many issues. Including a look at the film "Global Warming Swindle" with both pro and cons. Is is truly a swindle? Or is the film?

http://geekcounterpoint.net/files/category-climate.html

I'm all for alternatives to oil, the sooner the better, but forcing people to reduce their carbon footprint with green taxes is just the wrong way to go about introducing alternatives. Think of all the old people who will die because they can't afford to put their heating on in the winter because of green taxes. This is already a problem in Britain without the extra green taxes the government want to introduce, nevermind places like India. It's problems like these that lead me to call it the Green Terror.

Back